Hungary: Hungarian Hockey Expands Focus

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Just now looking at Janos Hari´s profile on eliteprospects, it says that except playing in Swedish U18 Elite league last year, he´s also played 14 games in the U18 Allsvenskan, which if I´m right is the Swedish U18 Division 1, so I was just wondering what the point was in him playing there.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
About the tournament, it won´t feature the Hungarian players playing abroad? Isn´t that weird, I mean, it´s normal to have those players included in international action?

I think so close to the new season and the beginning of the new school year, kids playing away from home will likely not participate....

....and I think this applies to all participating countries.

Looking at the Hungarian roster against Slovakia last year, Hari, Nemes, Gallo, Hardi, and Hentes were not on the team. That said, the best of the rest will mostly likely be there if last year’s tournament is any indication…

…more than half of the team that went to Minsk played in the August tournament.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Just now looking at Janos Hari´s profile on eliteprospects, it says that except playing in Swedish U18 Elite league last year, he´s also played 14 games in the U18 Allsvenskan, which if I´m right is the Swedish U18 Division 1, so I was just wondering what the point was in him playing there.

It may be a little confusing, but I believe this is how the season works.

The initial J18 Elit season begins in September with 4 divisions: East, West, South, & North.

This first round/season ends in December with the top four teams from each group being assigned to either one of two Allsvenskan groups, North and South. This second round begins in January where teams play 2 games against each team in the new division.

The rest of the teams from the first round remain in their original divisions where they start a second round by playing another set of games against each other.

The winner of each of these divisions, East II, West II, South II, & North II, move on to play one game against the 5th and 6th place teams of the Allsvenskan North & South divisions.

The winners of this game move on to play a best of three game series against the third and fourth place team of the Allsvenskan North & South divisions.

The winners of this series move on to play a best of three game series against the 1st and 2nd place team.

The winners of these series make up the semifinals which consists of another set of 3 games series. The finals are also comprised of a three game series.

Farjestad lost to Skelleftea in the Semi-Finals. Skelleftea lost to AIK IF in the Finals.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I think so close to the new season and the beginning of the new school year, kids playing away from home will likely not participate....

....and I think this applies to all participating countries.

Looking at the Hungarian roster against Slovakia last year, Hari, Nemes, Gallo, Hardi, and Hentes were not on the team. That said, the best of the rest will mostly likely be there if last year’s tournament is any indication…

…more than half of the team that went to Minsk played in the August tournament.

Hm, you´re right. Though I guess, our team will have the imports included since it´s the U16 team there aren´t that many if at all and if there are than they´re probably playing only in Czech republic, so it should be no problem as Czech U16 team participates too. Though there might not be any imports at this age anymore considering the new rules with imports in the Czech republic.

It may be a little confusing, but I believe this is how the season works.

The initial J18 Elit season begins in September with 4 divisions: East, West, South, & North.

This first round/season ends in December with the top four teams from each group being assigned to either one of two Allsvenskan groups, North and South. This second round begins in January where teams play 2 games against each team in the new division.

The rest of the teams from the first round remain in their original divisions where they start a second round by playing another set of games against each other.

The winner of each of these divisions, East II, West II, South II, & North II, move on to play one game against the 5th and 6th place teams of the Allsvenskan North & South divisions.

The winners of this game move on to play a best of three game series against the third and fourth place team of the Allsvenskan North & South divisions.

The winners of this series move on to play a best of three game series against the 1st and 2nd place team.

The winners of these series make up the semifinals which consists of another set of 3 games series. The finals are also comprised of a three game series.

Farjestad lost to Skelleftea in the Semi-Finals. Skelleftea lost to AIK IF in the Finals.

Thanks, for clearing it, Sweden sure has a complicated system for their junior leagues.:amazed:

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Hungary's U18 Roster for the 2009 Visegrad Tournament in Budapest:

Goaltenders:
Hajek Márk, UTE
Pleszkán József, Bp. Stars

Defensemen:
Bereczki Gergő, Bp. Stars
Géczi Gergely, Bp. Stars,
Gőz Balázs, Granite City Lumberjacks
Nagy Richárd, Bp. Stars
Sommer Tamás, UTE
Varga Arnold, Dunaferr
Vojtkó Mátyás, Bp. Stars
Yfantidis Márk, Bp. Stars
Dömötör Róbert, UTE

Forwards:
Fekti Ãdám, RB Salzburg
Fodor, Zoltan, Wings
Hardi Richárd, Notre Dame
Hegyi Dominik, Bp. Stars
Komáromi Dávid, Dunaferr
Korpos Gergő, Miskolci JJSE
Németh Attila, Bp. Stars
Ódry Tamás, Bp. Stars
Papp Csaba, Dunaferr
Reiter Richárd, Alba Volán
Szirányi Dániel, Bp. Stars
Tóth Gergő, Alba Volán

Players of note not on the roster:
Hari, Janos
Gallo, Illes
Nemes, Benjamin
Hentes, Kristof

Team consists mostly of 1992 born players with about half a dozen born in 1993.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Hungary’s U18 team won the Visegrad tournament for the first time with a come from behind victory over Poland's U18 team..

The team has improved considerably over the years. Back in 2006, Hungary finished last with losses to Slovakia U16 (0-6), the Czechs U16 team (3-6) and to Poland U18 (2-9). In the 2006 tournament, Richard Panik was selected as the tournament’s MVP

The Hungarian team was led by Zoltan Fodor who recorded 4 goals and added an assist. Fodor, who made his national team debut with this tournament, will be playing in Sweden this year with the Arlanda Wings. Richard Hardi (2 goals and 2 assists, and Attila Nemeth (1 goal, 3 assists) followed with 4 points each for Hungary.

In the U18 class, Poland has owned Hungary in recent years, so this victory is sure to be a big confidence booster for a team whose goal this year will be promotion to the elite division...

...something that would have been unthinkabnle only a few years ago.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Updated list of Hungarian prospects playing outside of Hungary...

.... based on information I have been able to gather:

Player|Team|Country|Position|Age
Agardy, Akos|Trenton Golden Hawks |Canada |G| 20
Kiss, David|New England Huskies |United States| F| 19
Koger, Daniel|Indiana Ice |United States |F |19
Bartalis, Istvan|Troja Ljungby |Sweden |F| 18
Meretei, Marko|Guilderland Skating Dutchmen| United States| F |17
Fekti, Adam|Red Bull Salzburg |Austria| F| 17
Hari, Janos|Farjestad |Sweden |F| 17
Pilcsik, Tamas|Hoosac Owls |United States |F| 17
Pavuk, Attila|Hoosac Owls |United States |F |17
Kiss, Daniel| Vaxjo Lakers| Sweden |F |17
Somogyi, Balazs| Red Bull Salzburg| Austria |F |17
Hardi, Richard| Notre Dame| Canada |F |16
Nemes, Benjamin| Djurgardens| Sweden| F |16
Hentes, Kristof| Kloten Flyers| Switzerland| F |16
Gallo, Illes|Beli Medvedi |Russia| F |16
Fodor, Zoltan| Arlanda Wings| Sweden |F| 16
Goz, Balazs| Granite City Lumberjacks| United States |D| 16
Kovacs, Viktor Laszlo| Sarnia Legionaires |Canada |F |16
Farkas, Simon| North York Rangers| Canada |F |16
Kovacs, David| Red Bull Salzburg| Austria |D |14
Fodor, Andras| |Sweden| F |14
Sebok , Balazs| Oulun Karpat |Finland |F |14
Hardi, Marton| Notre Dame |Canada |F |14
Kocsis, Ferenc |Lahti Pelicans |Finland |F |14
Hari, Norbert| Flemmingsberg| Sweden| F| 14
Dragomir, Gyorgy| New Jersey Colonials |United States| F |14
Vay, Adam| Hoba Bratislava |Slovakia| G |14

Norbert Dancsfalvi, who played in Slovakia last year, has appeared in exhibition games with Ujpest this year. Roland Hajos, who also played in Slovakia last year, will likely play in Miskolc this year (on loan from Szekesfehervar). Peter Hetenyi, who played in Austria last year, is now with Alba Volan and will also likely be loaned out to Miskolc this year.

Balazs Goz had considered playing in Vienna this season has now opted to go to the States instead. He has also played for Miskolc's U18 team this month.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Curious on Hungarian hockey. I know its getting stronger and stronger, but at the junior level, how does it compare to those nations who are just below the "top seven"? How does the talent level now compare to Austria, Belarus, Latvia, Kazaks, Denmark, Norway and i guess the Germans and Swiss? Are there any fringe NHL prospects likely to pop up in the next 5-10 years, or is it just the process of developing players who can compete at a successful level in the top European leagues such as the SEL.

Sorry for the uninformed post, but im always curious to learn about those developing nations below the elite tier.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Curious on Hungarian hockey. I know its getting stronger and stronger, but at the junior level, how does it compare to those nations who are just below the "top seven"? How does the talent level now compare to Austria, Belarus, Latvia, Kazaks, Denmark, Norway and i guess the Germans and Swiss? Are there any fringe NHL prospects likely to pop up in the next 5-10 years, or is it just the process of developing players who can compete at a successful level in the top European leagues such as the SEL.

I think the Swiss and the Germans are still a cut above the others. The number of registered players in both Switzerland and Germany is significantly higher than the other countries listed.

I don’t think there is a lot separating Austria, Belarus, Latvia, Denmark and Norway from each other at this time and I think the gap between these counties and Hungary (and Poland) is getting smaller. Depth is a different matter, but I think this too will change as the number of kids playing organized hockey in Hungary is increasing.

In the past U18-WC, Latvia, Denmark, and Austria were pretty even finishing 1, 2, and 3 in the Division 1B group.

In the Division 1A group, Belarus beat Hungary in a shootout, while both beat Kazakhstan. Belarus won the group, followed by Poland, Hungary, and the Kazakhs.

As for players potentially making the NHL, I think there could be a few from the list above that we might see get drafted by NHL clubs.

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Little update on Balazs Sebok and Ferenc Kocsis

Jr.C (U16) qualifications have ended in Finland. Sebok's team Kärpät made it to the highest level, but Kocsis's team K-Reipas failed to do so and will therefore play on the 2nd highest level this season.

I've seen Sebok play a few times now and here’s some thoughts:

- At first he was clearly adapting to the style and level of play here, but I think that he did well once he got through that phase.
- He’s a skilled player with good offensive instincts.
- He’s a pretty strong skater and can carry the puck through the neutral zone with ease once he gets to full speed.
- Could improve his acceleration, turns and changing of direction. Continuous movement is important.
- Has improved in the face-off circle, but still needs to work on that.
- He’s a fairly big player, so he could be a bit more physical.

Overall he’s a promising young player and might someday make it as a pro, if he keeps working hard. I’ll keep you posted on his progress…

Stats from the qualification games:
Balazs Sebok 8gp 7g+5a=12p (5th best in his team)
Ferenc Kocsis 8gp 1g+0a=1p

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Thanks for the update...great analysis. I have been checking out the link you provided and have noticed that Sebok's name does appear frequently in the box scores for Karpat although many of the games are blowouts.

Regarding Kocsis, do you know if he is playing with kids his age? 1 goal in 8 games would seem to indicate to me that he is struggling.

Do you have any new links for the next round of games for Karpat and Lahti?

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Regarding Kocsis, do you know if he is playing with kids his age? 1 goal in 8 games would seem to indicate to me that he is struggling.

These games are intended mainly for players from the 1994-born age group, so Kocsis as a 95-born is playing against older players. On avarage there are only few 95-born players per team, some have none. Don't know if in addition Kocsis has played some games with the 95-born team, there are no stats available from those games.

Do you have any new links for the next round of games for Karpat and Lahti?

Schedules aren't ready yet, but the info should show up at the website of Finnish Ice Hockey Federation soon.

EDIT:
Kärpät: SCHEDULE - Stats from Jr.C SM-sarja
K-Reipas: SCHEDULE - Stats from Jr.C 1-div group 2

Last edited:

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
An interesting piece on János Hári from RLR:
Hungarian forward Janos Hari, a late sleeper in our rankings, started the season on a hot streak. Hari plays for Färjestad in the Swedish J-18 league and also started last season well, causing RLR's Swedish scout to make a few special trips. What he saw were some very fine skills in the body of a tiny puck wizard.

We almost wrote him off due to his small stature (5-9/159) and the fact that when the competition got stiffer during the spring, his production dropped dramatically.

This season is still very young and Färjestad won't face the better teams until later in the year, but Hari's stats so far are hard to ignore: in just five league games he has put up an astounding 14 goals and five assists. The little sparkplug darts into holes with lots of speed. His super-soft hands and slick moves force defenders to back off and give ground every time he approaches the blueline and he has the vision to find linemate Erik Thorell once the D swarms. So Thorell actually benefits to the tune of a league-leading 21 points (5G, 16A).

We'll keep you posted on how this interesting duo plays when they face some tougher opposition later on.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
A little Farjestad update:

After 5 games in the J18, Erik Thorell got called up to Division 1 to play with Skare. In 7 games with Skare, he has 11 points which ranks him second on the team.

Janos Hari continues to play with Farjestad's J18 club and leads all J18 players with 36 points in 11 games, including 23 goals.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Hey.
I suppose it´s too early, but I noticed the Spanish roster for this year´s U20 WHC Div. II in HUN on the IIHF website and I was wondering when the Hungarian roster will come out...??
Hoping for a trouble free promotion back to Div I where the Hungarian juniors belong and hopefully once they get back they´ll be able to stay longer there:D

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
... I was wondering when the Hungarian roster will come out...??

Hoping for a trouble free promotion back to Div I where the Hungarian juniors belong and hopefully once they get back they´ll be able to stay longer there:D

I do not believe the team has been finalized yet for the U20 WC Division II Championship. The following players participated in the U20 tournament held in Bled this month.

Goaltenders
Bálizs Bence, Sapa Fehérvár AV19, 1990
Rajna Miklós, Bp. Stars, 1991
Sonkoly Dávid, Dunaferr SE, 1991

Defensemen
Ozsváth Ãdám, Sapa Fehérvár AV19, 1990
Orbán Attila, Dab.Docler, 1990
Kiss Dániel, Dab.Docler, 1991
Hetényi Péter, Sapa Fehérvár AV19, 1991
Zalavári Bence, Újpesti TE, 1991
Gyori Tamás, Dab.Docler, 1990
Varga Arnold, Dunaferr SE, 1992

Forwards
Somogyi Balázs, Bp. Stars, 1991
Hajós Roland, Sapa Fehérvár AV19, 1990
Popovics Patrik, Miskolci JJSE, 1990
Virág Tamás, Dunaferr SE, 1991
Tóth Adrián, Sapa Fehérvár AV19, 1990
Strenk Hunor, Bp. Stars, 1991
Szilágyi Levente, Ferencvárosi TC, 1990
Wéber Zsolt, Bp. Stars, 1990
Somos Balázs, Sapa Fehérvár AV19, 1991
Bartalis Istvan, Troja/Ljungby, 1990
Hari Janos, Farjestad, 1992
Nemes Benjamin, Djurgarden, 1993
Nemeth Attila, Arlanda Wings, 1992

Although the team was competitive, it lost all three games (Slovenia, Italy, & France). I imagine there will be a few adjustments, for example, Norbert Dancsfalvi (1990) is back from an injury and should find a spot on the roster, but I think the team will mostly consist of players listed above.

Now this was a pretty young team - 10 players were born in 1990, the other 14 were born in 1991 or later – so I don’t think promotion is a foregone conclusion. The Korean U18 team that defeated Slovenia last year for promotion to Division I, included many 1991 players. Many 1991 players were on the British U18 team that cruised to promotion in the other group. Obviously promotion is the goal and I’m guessing many are expecting it, but I think the Koreans and the Brits will be very competitive and will challenge for first.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Thanks. Well, it won´t be easy, however I believe that your boys will take the advantage of the home ice.:)

EDIT: Are there any preparation matches for HUN U20 planned before the WC?

Last edited:

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Thanks. Well, it won´t be easy, however I believe that your boys will take the advantage of the home ice.:)

Thanks and I hope you're right.

Are there any preparation matches for HUN U20 planned before the WC?

I don't think so. I believe the team will get together 5 days before the World Championship for a little preparation but that is about it

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
The last player from the Star’s Nemes-Hardi-Nemeth trio has left Budapest for Sweden. Attila Nemeth joined the Arlanda Wings U18 team last week. He scored an empty net goal in his second game.

Here is an updated list (as of November 16, 2009) of Hungarian prospects playing outside of Hungary.

Player|Team|Country|Position|Age|Additional Information
Goz, Balazs |Quad City| United States| D |17 |17G, 2G, 1A
Dancsfalvi, Norbert |Trnava |Slovakia| F| 19| 7G, !G, 1A
Bartalis, Istvan |Troja Ljungby |Sweden |F |19 |13G, 5G, 5A
Kiss, David| New England Huskies |United States| F |19 |17G, 5G, 4A
Pilcsik, Tamas |Chemnitz Wild Boys |Germany| F| 18 |Currently injured
Pavuk, Attila| Hoosac Owls| United States| F |18| Status Unknown
Nemeth, Attila| Arlanda Wings| Sweden| F |17 |2G, 1G, 0A
Gallo, Illes |Atlant Mityiscsi |Russia |F| 17 |No information available
Kovacs, Viktor |Sarnia Jr. Sting| Canada| F| 17| No statistics available|
Fekti, Adam| Red Bull Salzburg| Austria| F |17 |Currently injured
Hari, Janos| Farjestad| Sweden| F| 17| 14G, 27G, 20A
Hardi, Richard |Notre Dame |Canada| F |16 |10G, 10G, 13A
Nemes, Benjamin| Djurgardens| Sweden| F| 16 |13G, 6G, 6A
Hentes, Kristof| Kloten Flyers| Switzerland| F |16 |18G, 11G, 11A
Farkas, Simon| North York Rangers |Canada| F |16 |No information available
Hardi, Marton |Notre Dame| Canada| F |15 |8G, 3G, 8A
Sebok, Balazs| Oulun Karpat |Finland |F| 14 |6G, 4G, 7A
Kocsis, Ferenc |K-Reipas| Finland |F |14 |2G, 1G, 0A
Hari, Norbert |Flemmingsberg |Sweden| F| 14| No statistics available
Mazzag, Daniel |Graz| Austria| F |13 |9G, 6G, 6A
Vay, Adam| Hoba Bratislava |Slovakia |G |14 |Played 5 games for U15 team

It has become a trend for the top players in Hungary’s youth leagues to go and seek out opportunities in more traditional hockey environments to futher their development. With this in mind, there may be a few more players on the move next year. There are several 1994 born players playing in Hungary’s U18 (ifjusagi) league, a few of which are exceling. Aron Konczei plays for Debrecen and is currently leading the scoring race in the U18 league. Laszlo Rito plays for Miskolc and is second on the scoring list. Zalan Fliszar has played in all the games of a relatively stacked Budapest Stars U18 team. Although his statistics are not as impressive in this league as the two players previously mentioned, he does lead the U16 League in scoring by a sizeable margin. Konczei and Rito also participate in this league and have put up very impressive numbers as well.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
The Arlanda J18 team looks like a very interesting team, I mean which junior team in Sweden has got 2 Latvians, 2 Czechs, 2 Slovaks and throw a Swiss and now a Hungarian into the mix. :laugh:

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I found Hungary´s preliminary roster for the WHCU20 Div 2 at the iihf website:
G Bence Balisz 1990 Sapa Fehervar
G Miklos Rajna 1991 Budapest Stars
G David Sonkoly 1991 Dunaferr SE

D Balint Balogh 1991 Sapa Fehervar
D Gergo Bereczki 1992 Budapest Star
D Tamas Erdelyi 1992 DAB Dunaujvaros
D Peter Hetenyi 1991 Sapa Fehervar
D Daniel Kiss 1991 DAB Dunaujvaros
D Richard Nagy 1992 Budapest Stars
D Attila Orban 1990 DAB Dunaujvaros
D Adam Ozsvath 1990 Sapa Fehervar
D Gergo Vanyi 1991 Budapest Stars
D Arnold Varga 1992 Dunaffer SE
D Bence Zalavari 1992 Ujpesti TE

F Istvan Bartalis 1990 IF Troja Ljungby/SWE
F Tamas Gyori 1990 DAB Dunaujvaros
F Roland Hajos 1990 Sapa Fehervar
F Richard Hardi 1993 Notre Dame Hounds/CAN
F Janos Hari 1992 Farjestads BK Karlstad/SWE
F David Kiss 1990 New England Huskies/EmJHL
F Benjamin Nemes 1993 Djurgardens IF Stockholm/SWE
F Attila Nemeth 1992 Arlanda Wings/SWE
F Attila Pavuk 1991 Hoosac School
F Patrik Popovics 1990 Miskolci JJSE
F Balazs Somogyi 199 Budapest Stars
F Hunor Strenk 1991 Budapest Stars
F Levente Szilagyi 1990 Ferencvarosi TE Budapest
F Adrian Toth 1990 Sapa Fehervar
F Tamas Virag 1991 DAB Dunaujvaros
F Zsolt Weber 1990 Budapest Stars

So is Dancsfalvi still out or wasn´t he just invited...?

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
I found Hungary´s preliminary roster for the WHCU20 Div 2 at the iihf website:
G Bence Balisz 1990 Sapa Fehervar
G Miklos Rajna 1991 Budapest Stars
G David Sonkoly 1991 Dunaferr SE

D Balint Balogh 1991 Sapa Fehervar
D Gergo Bereczki 1992 Budapest Star
D Tamas Erdelyi 1992 DAB Dunaujvaros
D Peter Hetenyi 1991 Sapa Fehervar
D Daniel Kiss 1991 DAB Dunaujvaros
D Richard Nagy 1992 Budapest Stars
D Attila Orban 1990 DAB Dunaujvaros
D Adam Ozsvath 1990 Sapa Fehervar
D Gergo Vanyi 1991 Budapest Stars
D Arnold Varga 1992 Dunaffer SE
D Bence Zalavari 1992 Ujpesti TE

F Istvan Bartalis 1990 IF Troja Ljungby/SWE
F Tamas Gyori 1990 DAB Dunaujvaros
F Roland Hajos 1990 Sapa Fehervar
F Richard Hardi 1993 Notre Dame Hounds/CAN
F Janos Hari 1992 Farjestads BK Karlstad/SWE
F David Kiss 1990 New England Huskies/EmJHL
F Benjamin Nemes 1993 Djurgardens IF Stockholm/SWE
F Attila Nemeth 1992 Arlanda Wings/SWE
F Attila Pavuk 1991 Hoosac School
F Patrik Popovics 1990 Miskolci JJSE
F Balazs Somogyi 199 Budapest Stars
F Hunor Strenk 1991 Budapest Stars
F Levente Szilagyi 1990 Ferencvarosi TE Budapest
F Adrian Toth 1990 Sapa Fehervar
F Tamas Virag 1991 DAB Dunaujvaros
F Zsolt Weber 1990 Budapest Stars

So is Dancsfalvi still out or wasn´t he just invited...?

I’m not sure why Dancsfalvi (1990) is not participating. I would have thought they could use someone who has a bit of experience at this level especially considering how young this team is. Only 11 of the 30 listed above are born in 1990 with 8 players born in 1992 or 1993. The Brits and Koreans are much older. Great Britain has 15 players who are 1990 born and 10 who are born in 1991. The Korean roster is made up almost entirely of 1990 born players. I don't think this will be an easy tournament. Hopefully the kids are up to the challenge because I don't think next year's U20 team belongs in Division II.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Final U20 Roster for Hungary

Goaltenders:
Bálizs, Bence, Sapa Fehérvár AV19, 1990
Rajna, Miklós, Bp. Stars, 1991

Defensemen:
Ozsváth, Ãdám, Sapa Fehérvár AV19, 1990
Orbán, Attila, Dab.Docler, 1990
Kiss, Dániel, Dab.Docler, 1991
Hetényi, Péter, Sapa Fehérvár AV19, 1991
Zalavári, Bence, Újpesti TE, 1991
Varga, Arnold, Dunaferr SE, 1992

Forwards:
Somogyi, Balázs, Bp. Stars, 1991
Hajós, Roland, Sapa Fehérvár AV19, 1990
Popovics, Patrik, Miskolci JJSE, 1990
Virág, Tamás, Dunaferr SE, 1991
Tóth, Adrián, Sapa Fehérvár AV19, 1990
Szilágyi, Levente, Ferencvárosi TC, 1990
Bartalis, Istvan, Troja/Ljungby, 1990
Nemes, Benjamin, Djurgarden, 1993
Nemeth Attila, Arlanda Wings, 1992
Kiss, David, New England Huskies, 1990
Hardi, Richard, Notre Dame, 1993
Pavuk, Attila, Hoosac School, 1991

Just a couple of comments:
Less than half the team is 1990-born. Janos Hari was just called up to Skare (Farjestad's farm club in Division 1) and will not be participating in the tournament in Debrecen.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Thats a big blow to the offense Hari is the best player to come out of the country in years correct? Who will step up and provide offense?

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Thats a big blow to the offense Hari is the best player to come out of the country in years correct? Who will step up and provide offense?

Hari is no doubt the best prospect to come out of Hungary in some time, but I think they will be alright with the group of forwards they have selected.

I could see a top line consisting of Bartalis, Pavuk, & Somogyi being quite effective. I think we will see the Nemes-Hardi-Nemeth line reunited to form a second line that could prove to be quite dangerous. A third line could consist of players currently playing together for Miskolc in the MOL Liga, Toth-Hajos-Popovics. Combined, these players are scoring more than a point-per-game in the MOL Liga.

I believe Hungary’s main area of concern has and continues to be in their defensive corp. For example, one of the team’s best defenseman, Attila Orban, was held scoreless in last year’s tournament in Denmark and finished with a +/- of -10. Hopefully, forward strength and strong goaltending will overcome any defensive shortcomings they may have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad