Tournament Results can be found here.

Results so far today:

Toronto-Hungary: 5-1
East Coast Selects-Slovakia: 2-1
Krylia Sovetov-Quebec: 4-2
Czech East-Sweden: 3-4
Czech West-Finland: 2-3
AK BARS-West Coast Selects: 3-0

Hungary plays West Coast Selects tonight, while Slovakia plays Sweden. Hungarian born Norbert Hari is on the Swedish Roster.

thank you so much:yo:

Slovakia defeated Sweden 7-1:amazed:
1995 born Martin Reway who has also seen some time in Slovak U18 Division 1 league http://www.szlh.sk/statistiky/c-090005_l-219/i-action!61player!95splits!38B!6133489 is the leading scorer for Slovakia with 4 points (2G,2A)

The result from Hungary´s game is not available yet.
Looking at the Swedish roster, I´m thinking isn´t Gabor Gilbert Hungarian as well?? his name sounds Hungarian....

EDIT: I think we´re talking a bit OT here, so I´m going to create a seperate thread for the tournament...

Last edited:

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Hungary lost 5-0 to the West Coast team. They play AK BARS next, who just defeated Toronto. Tomorrow night they play Quebec and Saturday they play the team from Sweden.

Regarding Gabor Gilbert, I've never heard of him. I don't think he is Hungarian-born. Could be similar to Patrik Nemeth - Hungarian father, but born in Sweden.

Discussion continued on Tournament Thread

Last edited:

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Final roster for the 2009 World Championship in Switzerland:

Goaltenders: Budai Krisztián (Kezmarok), Hetényi Zoltán (Alba Volán), Szuper Levente (Alba Volán)

Defensemen: Ennaffati Omar (Tours), Horváth András (Alba Volán), Kangyal Balázs (NZ Stars), Ondrejcik Rastislav (Alba Volán), Sille Tamás (NZ Stars), Svasznek Bence (NZ Stars), Szélig Viktor (Briancon), Tokaji Viktor (Alba Volán)

Forwards: Benk András (Alba Volán), Fekete Dániel (Alba Volán), Holéczy Roger (NZ Stars), Jánosi Csaba (FTC), Kóger Dániel (Salzburg), Kovács Csaba (Alba Volán), Ladányi Balázs (Briancon), Majoross Gergely (NZ Stars), Nagy Gergő (Alba Volán), Palkovics Krisztián (Alba Volán), Peterdi Imre (DAB.Docler), Vas János (Brynas), Vas Márton (Briancon), Vaszjunyin Artyom (Alba Volán)

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Name: Balázs Sebők
Position: Forward
Date of Birth: 14th of December 1994 ??
Club: MAC Népstadion (Budapest)
Stats: 26gp 51g+41a=92p in U16 league (Top scorer)

He might be moving to Finland for next season, so I would like to get some additional information about him. Are those stats exceptional? What kind of a player is he? Has anyone seen him play?

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Regarding Balázs Sebők

I don't have much to add. He was born in 1994 and he did lead the Hungarian league in goals and in assists this past year.

Those are impressive numbers in Hungary, but it doesn't give any indication as to how good he is or how he would fare in other junior leagues. For example, Tamas Virag led the Hungarian U18 League in points, yet was not deemed good enough to make the U18 national team.

If Sebok is considering a move to Finland, perhaps he sees that his development can be furthered by playing against stronger competition.

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
If Sebok is considering a move to Finland, perhaps he sees that his development can be furthered by playing against stronger competition.

It's seems likely that he will move to one of the top organizations in Finland and will train part of the summer with them. All I've heard about him is that he's supposed to be a good skater and have a high skill level. Anyways I'm looking forward seeing him play, if he ends up staying in Finland after the summer.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
It's seems likely that he will move to one of the top organizations in Finland and will train part of the summer with them. All I've heard about him is that he's supposed to be a good skater and have a high skill level. Anyways I'm looking forward seeing him play, if he ends up staying in Finland after the summer.

Hungarian website reporting that Balazs Sebok will be playing for Oulun Karpat next year.

Another Hungarian teenager will be leaving Hungary to play abroad. Hungary's leading scorer in this year's U18, Benjamin Nemes, signed a three-year contract wth Sweden's Djurgarden.

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Hungarian website reporting that Balazs Sebok will be playing for Oulun Karpat next year.

Yep, roughly ten days ago there was a small article in a local newspaper about Balazs and a 93-born Czech player that will also be moving to Oulu to play with Kärpät. The article stated that Balazs will arrive to Oulu at the end of July and will be attending the international school. It also stated that his father is a former pro athlete.

I'll be following his progress and will post about my impressions once I see him play. Here’s a qualification schedule of the U16 team to the main league: LINK

Could someone give a rough translation about the main things in this story? LINK

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia

Another Hungarian teenager will be leaving Hungary to play abroad. Hungary's leading scorer in this year's U18, Benjamin Nemes, signed a three-year contract wth Sweden's Djurgarden.

Hey, Kiraly, would it be possible to get together a list of all the Hungarian youngsters abroad? I´m really interested in Hungaria´s progress, so I hope it´s not asking too much work from you, thanks in advance.

Btw, will there be the U16/U18 Vysegrad tournament again this year??

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
...I'll be following his progress and will post about my impressions once I see him play. Here’s a qualification schedule of the U16 team to the main league: LINK

Could someone give a rough translation about the main things in this story? LINK

The article describes the road Balazs Sebok took to lead up to playing for one of Finland’s strongest clubs. It began when Balazs and another player, Krisztian Nagy, were noticed by a team from Finland at a tournament in Fussen, Germany. They were both invited to Helsinki for a try-out. Unfortunately for them, they were not successful. However, Balazs was not going to give up as he wanted to further develop his skills abroad.

The next opportunity came in October 2008 when Oulun Karpat invited him to Finland. This time he made a better impression and was invited back again in April….

….I’m guessing around the time you first wrote about him here.

Balazs tells the interviewer that he played 3 games, scoring 4 goals and adding 5 assists. He felt he played very well and made a good impression. Basically, he was offered a contract based on his performance in these three games. He goes on to say that if he does well next year, he might be able to sign a five-year contract the following summer.

Balazs also says that he is being treated well and is given everything he needs. Food, shelter, and schooling will be provided. He also mentions that he will be sharing his living accommodations with the Czech player. The only costs he must bare are the hockey team dues which all players are required to pay. He will be attending an international school. He feels that he will not have any problems as he speaks English well.

His coach, Tibor Marton tells the interviewer that Balazs has been playing hockey for nine years and talks about some of Balazs’ coaches on the team (MAC)

The end of the article just summarizes what has already been written and highlights his statistics from last year.

The comments that follow the article are all congratulatory. Everyone wishes him the best of luck.

I look forward to reading your observations. By the way, how do the Finns pronounce his name?

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Hey, Kiraly, would it be possible to get together a list of all the Hungarian youngsters abroad? I´m really interested in Hungaria´s progress, so I hope it´s not asking too much work from you, thanks in advance.

Btw, will there be the U16/U18 Vysegrad tournament again this year??

I know a list had been made over at International Hockey Forums of all Hungarian players playing abroad, but I don’t think it has been updated in a couple of years.

If I find an updated list, I will post a link to it here. If not, I can try to compile one.

As for another Visegrad tournament this year, I haven’t read or heard anything about it. But if I hear anything, I will post the details here.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I know a list had been made over at International Hockey Forums of all Hungarian players playing abroad, but I don’t think it has been updated in a couple of years.

If I find an updated list, I will post a link to it here. If not, I can try to compile one.

As for another Visegrad tournament this year, I haven’t read or heard anything about it. But if I hear anything, I will post the details here.

Thanks a lot. I hope you find a list, so you don´t have to compile one since it´s probably a lotof work.

I hope there will be the tournament since it seemed very interesting last year and i found it really good that sport 1 even had videos from the tournament.

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
The article describes...
Thanks a lot for the translation. :handclap:
I look forward to reading your observations.
My first chance of seeing his team play will probably be during the later half of September, unless I'm able to see one of their practise/exhibition games before that.
By the way, how do the Finns pronounce his name?
Really hard to describe it in text, but I assume that it doesn't differ too much from the Hungarian pronunciation.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Another young Hungarian is off to Finland.

Ferenc Kocsis signed with the Lahti Pelicans. The 14 year old participated in the Prague hockey tournament mentioned earlier in this thread. Although the Hungarian team struggled, Kocsis was selected to play in the all-star game where he scored a goal and added an assist for the "World Team". Several foreign teams took notice. Kocsis ultimately decided to stay close to home (Finland as opposed to North America) and signed on to play in Lahti.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Another young Hungarian is off to Finland.

Ferenc Kocsis signed with the Lahti Pelicans. The 14 year old participated in the Prague hockey tournament mentioned earlier in this thread. Although the Hungarian team struggled, Kocsis was selected to play in the all-star game where he scored a goal and added an assist for the "World Team". Several foreign teams took notice. Kocsis ultimately decided to stay close to home (Finland as opposed to North America) and signed on to play in Lahti.

well, that´s great news:handclap::handclap:

I guess it´s easier for your guys in Finland than NA, I mean u guys are cousins with them, at least linguistic:D, so maybe it won´t be that hard for a 14 year old to learn some Finnish. Hopefully he does well.

Btw where did you get the info about the All.stars game of the tournament? I tried searching for it but with no result.

OT: I know this does not belong to this post, but I just wanted to tell you that I hope you guys destroy Croatia on Sunday in handball, please we both need it, so you can let us win in the next game we´ll be playing, ahh no, just kidding:naughty: I still hope you win because I did not like the way the Croatian fans behaved during the WC at all, so it would be nice seeing them get beaten again.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
...would it be possible to get together a list of all the Hungarian youngsters abroad?

From what I know, the following is a list of Hungarian prospects playing outside of Hungary:

Player|Team|Country|Position|Birthdate|Age
Hetenyi, Peter|Red Bull Salzburg|Austria|D|1991/01/27|18
Bartalis, Istvan|Troja Ljungby|Sweden|F|1990/09/07|18
Dancsfalvi, Norbert| Kosice|Slovakia|F|1990/07/10|18
Fekti, Adam| Red Bull Salzburg|Austria|F|1992/05/06|17
Hari Janos| Farjestad|Sweden|F|1992/05/03|17
Pavuk, Attila| Hoosac Owls|United States|F|1991/08/06|17
Somogyi, Balazs|Red Bull Salzburg|Austria|F|1991/06/23|17
Gallo, Illes|Beli Medvedi| Russia|F|1992/09/28|16
Hentes, Kristof|Kloten Flyers|Switzerland|F|1993/01/16|16
Nemes, Benjamin|Djurgardens|Sweden|F|1993/03/18|16
Farkas, Simon|North York Rangers|Canada|F||16
Sebok, Balazs|Oulun Karpat |Finland|F|1994/12/24|14
Kocsis, Ferenc|Lahti Pelicans|Finland|F||14
Hari, Norbert |Flemmingsberg|Sweden|F ||14
Agardy, Akos |Trenton Golden Hawks|Canada|G|1988/12/22|20

I’m sure this table will need to be revised as there will likely be other signings to come.

...Btw where did you get the info about the All.stars game of the tournament? I tried searching for it but with no result...

I read it in the comment section of a Hungarian hockey blog. The commenter also indicated that Team Europe won the game 4 to 1.

...I hope you guys destroy Croatia on Sunday in handball....I still hope you win because I did not like the way the Croatian fans behaved during the WC at all, so it would be nice seeing them get beaten again.

I don't really follow handball, but I believe Croatia is one of the better teams...

...could be a tough one for Hungary.

As for the Croatian fans, every country has a contingent of supporters they are not proud of. I'm sure the vast majority of Croatian fans are great. :)

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
From what I know, the following is a list of Hungarian prospects playing outside of Hungary:

Player|Team|Country|Position|Birthdate|Age
Hetenyi, Peter|Red Bull Salzburg|Austria|D|1991/01/27|18
Bartalis, Istvan|Troja Ljungby|Sweden|F|1990/09/07|18
Dancsfalvi, Norbert| Kosice|Slovakia|F|1990/07/10|18
Fekti, Adam| Red Bull Salzburg|Austria|F|1992/05/06|17
Hari Janos| Farjestad|Sweden|F|1992/05/03|17
Pavuk, Attila| Hoosac Owls|United States|F|1991/08/06|17
Somogyi, Balazs|Red Bull Salzburg|Austria|F|1991/06/23|17
Gallo, Illes|Beli Medvedi| Russia|F|1992/09/28|16
Hentes, Kristof|Kloten Flyers|Switzerland|F|1993/01/16|16
Nemes, Benjamin|Djurgardens|Sweden|F|1993/03/18|16
Farkas, Simon|North York Rangers|Canada|F||16
Sebok, Balazs|Oulun Karpat |Finland|F|1994/12/24|14
Kocsis, Ferenc|Lahti Pelicans|Finland|F||14
Hari, Norbert |Flemmingsberg|Sweden|F ||14
Agardy, Akos |Trenton Golden Hawks|Canada|G|1988/12/22|20

I’m sure this table will need to be revised as there will likely be other signings to come.

I read it in the comment section of a Hungarian hockey blog. The commenter also indicated that Team Europe won the game 4 to 1.

I don't really follow handball, but I believe Croatia is one of the better teams...

...could be a tough one for Hungary.

As for the Croatian fans, every country has a contingent of supporters they are not proud of. I'm sure the vast majority of Croatian fans are great. :)

ok thanks for the info,I appreciate it.:handclap:

well, about handball, i don t follow it much either, but it was big news here that we defeated you in such an important game like the one on wdnesday was. and yes fans might be idiots everywhere, but i´ve never seen 15 000 people behave s such pigs as the Croatians did, of course I don´t have anything about Croatian people, they´re very nice, but.....Plus it is better for us if you win.:yo:
EDIT: I´m not gonna comment on handball anymore, since actually it´s better for us if you lose, i guess i should check the info i gte next time....

Last edited:

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I´ve got some breaking news. According to the Slovakia U16 team programme the Visegrad tournament will be plaed again this year in Budapest in August.:handclap::handclap:

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Sixteen year-old defenseman, Balázs Gőz, has agreed to play for the Vienna Capitals’ junior team this upcoming season. Last year he split time with Miskolc’s U18 team and Miskolc’s senior squad.

As mentioned in an earlier post, Gőz was one of the last cuts to the U18 team sent to Minsk earlier this year. Although he was quite surprised by being cut, his goal is to work hard and make the team next year.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
I´ve got some breaking news. According to the Slovakia U16 team programme the Visegrad tournament will be plaed again this year in Budapest in August.:handclap::handclap:

I'm curious to see which players will participate this year. Do you have any more information? There doesn't appear to be anything on the official Hungarian site.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I'm curious to see which players will participate this year. Do you have any more information? There doesn't appear to be anything on the official Hungarian site.

Not at all, it just merely states this in an article about the programme for all the Slovak national teams:

SR 16:

August 2009: VyÅ¡ehradský turnaj 4 krajín v Maďarsku (BudapeÅ¡ť, 21. - 23. 8., tímy: HUN 18, POL 18, CZE 16, SVK 16)

Original link

Well about the players, the U16 are the youngest category of Slovak national teams, so it´s too early to tell. Last year they had a summer hockey camp sponsored by Orange for about 50 players with 1993 birthdate and it should be the same this year for the 1994 birthdates, but the list o players probably won´t be known till late July.

But it´s possible to get some simple ideas for the Czech roster as they have training camps for all their junior teams and this is the list for the U16´s:
HC MOUNTFIELD: Tomáš Prokop, David Gába
HC SLAVIA PRAHA: Ronald Knot, Richard Nejezchleb, Dominik Patočka
HC PLZEŇ: Jakub Houfek, Jan Schleiss, Patrik Polívka
HC KLADNO: Å imon Boček, Patrik Machač
HC ENERGIE KARLOVY VARY: Adam Doskočil, Vojtěch Tomeček, Matěj Zadražil, Jakub Matyáš
HC DUKLA JIHLAVA: Tomáš Střecha
HC EATON PARDUBICE: Jan Veselý, Marek Langhamer
HC VÃTKOVICE STEEL: Marek Bail, Adam RaÅ¡ka
HC SPARTA PRAHA: Michal Kliment, Martin Matějček, Dominik Volek, Martin Procházka
PSG ZLÃN: David Papežík, David Hrazdíra, Jakub Tomiga
HC OCELÃŘI TŘINEC Radek Faksa, Tomáš Franěk
HC LITVÃNOV: Roman Fučík, Jan Trübenekr
BÃLÃ TYGŘI LIBEREC: Matěj Psota
HC REBEL HAVLÃČKŮV BROD: Michal Plutnar, Daniel DolejÅ¡
HC KOMETA BRNO: Filip Vojáček
KLH CHOMUTOV: Radek Havel, Pavel Hradil
SK HORÃCKà SLAVIA TŘEBÃČ: Jan Salák
HC VSETÃN: Ondřej Slováček
HC VOKD PORUBA: Jakub Baca

Substitutes:

HC DUKLA JIHLAVA: Filip Březka
HC KLADNO: Dominik Tejnor, Vojtěch Å ilhavý
HC MOUNTFIELD: Karel Plášil
HC HAVÃŘOV: Michal Jonáš
PSG ZLÃN: Tomáš Skočík
HC SPARTA PRAHA: Euvstathio Soumelidis
BÃLÃ TYGŘI LIBEREC: Josef Mikyska
HC PLZEŇ: Martin Å imandl
HC KOMETA BRNO: Dominik Hrachovina
HC KRALUPY n.V.: Jiří Exner

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Another two to add to the list. Reports suggest that brothers Richard and Martin Hardi are off to Wilcox, Saskatchewan and will be attending Notre Dame.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, Richard Hardi (1993) scored 8 points in this year’s U18 Division 1 Championship in Minsk, second only to Benjamin Nemes. Richard was a member of the Budapest Stars hockey club last year, as was his brother Martin.

It will be interesting to see how all these departures will affect the underage leagues in Hungary next season.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Another two to add to the list. Reports suggest that brothers Richard and Martin Hardi are off to Wilcox, Saskatchewan and will be attending Notre Dame.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, Richard Hardi (1993) scored 8 points in this year’s U18 Division 1 Championship in Minsk, second only to Benjamin Nemes. Richard was a member of the Budapest Stars hockey club last year, as was his brother Martin.

It will be interesting to see how all these departures will affect the underage leagues in Hungary next season.

Interesting. What about the other brother, Martin? How old is he and is he any good?

Well, about the underage league, it will probably have a bad effect on it and it could cause even more players to go abroad, but I guess there is nothing you can do about it, globalization :cry:

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Marton Hardi (just noticed that I misspelled his name earlier) is a year younger than his brother – born on October 11, 1994. As mentioned, he played for the Stars so I’m guessing he saw some action with Nove Zamky too.

He finished 16th in the league in scoring (5th on the Stars) last year by scoring 39 points in 25 games. By comparison, Balazs Sebok, one month younger, finished first in scoring with 92 points playing 26 games.

The Official Hungarian Ice Hockey website is finally now reporting that the Visegrad tournament will be taking place again this year. With all these kids leaving to play abroad the team will not be very strong, but it will give some other kids a chance to play for the national team.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Marton Hardi (just noticed that I misspelled his name earlier) is a year younger than his brother – born on October 11, 1994. As mentioned, he played for the Stars so I’m guessing he saw some action with Nove Zamky too.

He finished 16th in the league in scoring (5th on the Stars) last year by scoring 39 points in 25 games. By comparison, Balazs Sebok, one month younger, finished first in scoring with 92 points playing 26 games.

The Official Hungarian Ice Hockey website is finally now reporting that the Visegrad tournament will be taking place again this year. With all these kids leaving to play abroad the team will not be very strong, but it will give some other kids a chance to play for the national team.

Yeah, Martin sounded kind of weird as a name for a Hungarian kid.

About the tournament, it won´t feature the Hungarian players playing abroad? Isn´t that weird, I mean, it´s normal to have those players included in international action?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00