Confirmed with Link: Hughes extension official (8 years, $64 million)

SpitfireG

Sep 29, 2013
Great Deal and f'''''ng STEAL. Bravo FITZ!!.
Fair agreement. Jack staying for forever.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
upload_2021-11-30_17-43-51.gif

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
If you wait until they put it all together, you won't get away so cheap..

15M a year for your 1-2 punch of franchise centers is great.

Sure, could be like Bratt that's putting it all together right when we need to extend him. I see why these deals are being made, but still feel like we putting all our eggs in one(two) basket. Wouldn't hurt to do what the Rags did with Fox and they gave him one million more than we gave Hughes... that's a Norris winner vs a unproven center so I wonder if Jack would command that much more down the road.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
100% but I think this is most likely an offseason type of move.

probably but honestly if this team is fighting for a spot come deadline you go out and bring someone in ufa pending or not have to let these kids start playing meaningful games in late feb march

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
probably but honestly if this team is fighting for a spot come deadline you go out and bring someone in ufa pending or not have to let these kids start playing meaningful games in late feb march

You do not spend big on a pending UFA with this group. That’d be incredibly stupid. You only do that with a Cup contender. A smaller move is fine but we can’t be going after a legit pending UFA scoring forward like say Forsberg

Reactions: Devs3cups

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Depending of the price and I if we’re in a position to make the playoffs, you absolutely do try and improve your team. Doing anything else would be the dumbest approach possible.

I’m certain everyone saw the Habs in the finals last year and that experience can’t be bought. Their kids all got a taste of what the playoffs are all about and having the youngest team in the league get that same taste would be nothing but positive.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
You do not spend big on a pending UFA with this group. That’d be incredibly stupid. You only do that with a Cup contender. A smaller move is fine but we can’t be going after a legit pending UFA scoring forward like say Forsberg

if you like a guy good enough to trade for him then you should be liking the guy good enough to sign him also. try to make this team a destination that players want to go to. i'm not saying you give up a ton but rentals dont cost as much as they used to either.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Unfortunately Nico has already been relegated to 3C scrub territory by some

Hischier will absolutely be our 3rd option down the middle and that’s perfectly fine with me because it means we’ll be stacked at the hardest position to fill.

I’m sure Pens fans don’t get all pissy when people call out Malkin as their 2nd line center.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Hischier will absolutely be our 3rd option down the middle and that’s perfectly fine with me because it means we’ll be stacked at the hardest position to fill.

I’m sure Pens fans don’t get all pissy when people call out Malkin as their 2nd line center.

to be fair though 2c and 3c is very different even though its only 1 line apart

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Unfortunately Nico has already been relegated to 3C scrub territory by some
Yep, he's not scoring enough and people are jumping the gun. I expect them both to be core players as early as next year.

In the coming years, I see Hughes as #1, more offense, more flashy with 90-100 points and Nico on the 2nd line with all the defensive responsibilities around 70-80 points.
That would be good value on those contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad