Post-Game Talk: Huge comeback win! Jets 4-3

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Good on the Jets quickly realizing the whistle was put away and responding accordingly. That saved an EN goal against, saved the offensive zone. Kept a small chance alive, but small chances add up to free wins.

Now granted I was talking about over the course of a season, but I'll take the instant gratification.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I just left the game, wow what a character, comeback win. I can't remember the last time I heard it that loud there when the OT goal was scored. Maybe it wasn't pretty at times but that's the kind of effort that will win you playoff games.

Also fun to see all of the sad Ovechkin fans after the game haha

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Really think Jets are in the market for a top 6/9 center..

Copp looks like crap and Hendricks is hurt yet again...

If Lowry not back soon... Chevy needs to make a move. Wonder if we could get Brassard for a bag of pucks

Reactions: Shaibu

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Caps were the better team for the first 2 periods but then for some reason decided to stop playing in the 3rd.

The shuffled lines seem to spark the Jets. Hope we stick with these lines for a few games. Roslovic looked great in his audition on the Little line. Ehlers and Laine can't be harmed by getting to play a few games with Copp and learning how to grind things out.

Despite his GWG, it cannot be denied that Myers was simply awful tonight. Made some bizarre decisions with the puck and didn't seem to be thinking.

Buff was the Jets best D. His physicality was needed tonight.

The PSW line struggled against the caps topline. Wheeler made a couple of really bad plays in OT that were lucky not to end in the back of our net. Hopefully Maurice has learned his lesson that Perreault is wasted on a line with Wheeler and Scheifele.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Please also tell me the scoop. I need to sleep but I'm interested in what just happened there.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Caps were the better team for the first 2 periods but then for some reason decided to stop playing in the 3rd.

I mean, like I said I'll wait until the charts came out, but my understanding was that even before that 3rd period flurry, the Jets lead in both shots and scoring chances, and that the score reflected very small periods of time with, unfortunately, very costly mistakes.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Benching Armia for the last 10mins was bonehead move. Mo got lucky once again.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Close up of Byfuglien right before slashing the caps player a second time, leading to his penalty, leading to the game tying goal.

giphy.gif
Might have been, but externally it looked like this...
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad