TSN: Huberdeau offered 2y bridge, undecided whether he'll accept it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockaway Rob

Jun 30, 2007
Huby wants a bridge, so it can't be that. A player isn't eligible for a NMC/NTC until they've reached UFA status, so 7 seasons or 27yo. Huberdeau is going to reach the 7 seasons in 2019, when he's 26yo.

It's possible that if Huby sign a long term extension after this bridge, that the deal could include a NMC/NTC that kicks in from 2019 onwards. Stamkos is an example of this, as he signed his current contract in 2011, but 2015-16 is already his 8th year in the league and he was given a NMC for this season when the contract was done in 2011.

Didn't relize you had to wait for UFA before being eligible for a NMC/NTC. thanks for the info

BravePackCats27

Jun 19, 2014
Team doesn't need this distraction right before a promising season starts. I wonder if DT bringing in Booth and Havlat has anything to do with this not looking good? He doesn't want to play here then trade him to Toronto for JVR or Edmonton for Eberle.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I wish we knew what the offer on the table is. I assume its 2 years at somewhere around 8-10 million total. If we're offering less than that, not a wise decision. Personally, I think between 4-5 per for the next 2 years is pretty fair for both sides.

Also, for those saying that since Bolland makes 5.5 then it's only fair that Huberdeau should ask for more....No, that's not how it works. Huberdeau is coming off his ELC. Bolland was going into UFA in his mid-late 20s....completely different situation.

Which is a lot for a bridge deal. Way too much imo.

$3.5m per year would be fair. Maybe that is what has been offered thus the hold up.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
All ****ing summer waiting for the camps to start etc and now if we have Huberdeau holding out this will suck so much.

If this goes the Panthers usual way. We'll end up trading him for peanuts and years later we'll hear they did not get a deal done because they were 100k apart

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Team doesn't need this distraction right before a promising season starts. I wonder if DT bringing in Booth and Havlat has anything to do with this not looking good? He doesn't want to play here then trade him to Toronto for JVR or Edmonton for Eberle.

I'm pretty sure the players and staff just go about their business as usual. It's only a distraction for the fans.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
All ****ing summer waiting for the camps to start etc and now if we have Huberdeau holding out this will suck so much.

If this goes the Panthers usual way. We'll end up trading him for peanuts and years later we'll hear they did not get a deal done because they were 100k apart

"Huberdeau wanted 4,250,000 million a year on his deal and Tallon wouldn't budget on 4,249,999.99"

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
DRAMA!!!!!!! now do you agree? i think huby should get 3.5 for a bridge deal. he's probably looking at 5.5 so that's a BIG difference. who do you blame huby, his agent, or tallon? personally huby makes the ultimate decision, but his agent is definitely in his ear. i think huby is being unreasonable and will probably bolt when he gets the chance!
so who says this is not DRAMA???????
i wouldn't rule out a possible trade at this point. i really think hub y is a flite risk when he has the opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
DRAMA!!!!!!! now do you agree? i think huby should get 3.5 for a bridge deal. he's probably looking at 5.5 so that's a BIG difference. who do you blame huby, his agent, or tallon? personally huby makes the ultimate decision, but his agent is definitely in his ear. i think huby is being unreasonable and will probably bolt when he gets the chance!
so who says this is not DRAMA???????

Anyone thinking rationally? You can post "DRAMA!!!!!" all you want, that doesn't make it true.

Huberdeau wants to maximize his earnings. That doesn't mean he doesn't want to be a Panther anymore or he's looking to bolt as soon as he's a UFA. Tallon wants to get Huberdeau as cheaply as possible (not saying he's being cheap with his offer, just that a team's goal is to minimize costs) and Walsh wants to make as much as possible from Huberdeau. No one knows the numbers, so that's all speculation. But this isn't drama until Huberdeau starts missing games.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Anyone thinking rationally? You can post "DRAMA!!!!!" all you want, that doesn't make it true.

Huberdeau wants to maximize his earnings. That doesn't mean he doesn't want to be a Panther anymore or he's looking to bolt as soon as he's a UFA. Tallon wants to get Huberdeau as cheaply as possible (not saying he's being cheap with his offer, just that a team's goal is to minimize costs) and Walsh wants to make as much as possible from Huberdeau. No one knows the numbers, so that's all speculation. But this isn't drama until Huberdeau starts missing games.

Sorry man, but this becomes drama when Huberdeau doesn't report to camp...

I've never liked those kinds of holding or situations like that, think Ryan Johansen the last time !

If Jonathan isn't with this team at the start of training camp, he isn't the player or the person I thought he was...

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003

if you don't think this is drama i'm confused. training camp is a few days away, supposedly term has been set, supposedly huby was supposed to sign monday, look on the rumors thread, there are multiple threads on trades for huby. tallon and the current org. are not known for being cheap and tallon is known for being a players gm and being overly fair on salary, yet we have an impasse that has been going on for months going into training camp. if you don't think this is dramatic you must lead a very exciting life. huby has been mentioned as a cornerstone of the org. by tallon. do you think he's low balling him? this is definitely something to be concerned about now and even if huby does sign it sends a bad message for future negotiations!:shakehead

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Sorry man, but this becomes drama when Huberdeau doesn't report to camp...

I've never liked those kinds of holding or situations like that, think Ryan Johansen the last time !

If Jonathan isn't with this team at the start of training camp, he isn't the player or the person I thought he was...

So by tomorrow? Thats when it starts.

this isnt as bad as brock nelson situation lol

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
if you don't think this is drama i'm confused. training camp is a few days away, supposedly term has been set, supposedly huby was supposed to sign monday, look on the rumors thread, there are multiple threads on trades for huby. tallon and the current org. are not known for being cheap and tallon is known for being a players gm and being overly fair on salary, yet we have an impasse that has been going on for months going into training camp. if you don't think this is dramatic you must lead a very exciting life. huby has been mentioned as a cornerstone of the org. by tallon. do you think he's low balling him? this is definitely something to be concerned about now and even if huby does sign it sends a bad message for future negotiations!:shakehead

Since when have trade proposals on HFBoards been a legitimate measuring stick of anything? They're frequented by 13 year old fanboys who don't know much lol. I'm not worried because I trust Tallon/ownership to do the right thing. If Huberdeau is asking for the moon, there's no reason for Tallon to cave. Missing time hurts Huberdeau and his value as much as it hurts the team, and I have a feeling that Huberdeau's camp is just trying to make Tallon sweat and up his offer before camp. Until he misses anything significant, I don't see a reason to worry.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
Since when have trade proposals on HFBoards been a legitimate measuring stick of anything? They're frequented by 13 year old fanboys who don't know much lol. I'm not worried because I trust Tallon/ownership to do the right thing. If Huberdeau is asking for the moon, there's no reason for Tallon to cave. Missing time hurts Huberdeau and his value as much as it hurts the team, and I have a feeling that Huberdeau's camp is just trying to make Tallon sweat and up his offer before camp. Until he misses anything significant, I don't see a reason to worry.

i guess we will see tomorrow! bad situation no matter what happens imo!!!!!!

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I think Peter Luukko has some input in these negotiations. Tallon may be the GM, but I think Luukko is ownerships guard dog. I think the days of handing out mindless contracts by Tallon are over with.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
No reason for a holdout unless Tallon is seriously low-balling Huby or Huby/Walsh (mostly Walsh I imagine) is too stingy to play ball.

Either way, I am disappointed at how long this has gone on.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Why would anyone offer sheet Huberdeau when they didn't offer sheet Johansen. I don't even consider that as viable. Trade offers are on the table I'm sure from other teams, and I think Tallon will begin to seriously look at them if he is not signed in another week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad