TSN: Huberdeau offered 2y bridge, undecided whether he'll accept it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Same here. That way, he's here for a long while and we'll know near the end of the contract if it was a steal, pay and sign him for more, or make him trade bait/free agent.

Yeah, that'd be the best case scenario.

By them saying they've agreed to the term already, I have to assume it's gonna be 5 or 6 years. We'll just wait and see what the salary is.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I'd be happy with 3 or more.
4 years would be the worst case scenario, since that would take him straight to UFA.

3 or 5+, if that's too long, then a 2y bridge and re-evaluate when Huby has proven himself more.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Really hope it's a 2 year bridge or something, I don't feel comfortable giving Huberdeau a long term contract just yet. I want him to really prove he's worth it, which hopefully a bridge contract would motivate him to reach his potential.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
6 years is over half a decade and only 2yrs removed from the max a player can get. 6 years is a longgg time. plus, i don't buy the wanting to play for the wild stuff. some people kinda wondered if he wanted to be here, would rather be up north, or something like that...and then he signs for 6yrs. I'm sure he wouldnt mind playing there but he likes it here, its a business and he plays an important role, he'll gladly stay as long as we're fair to him (money wise). if he's a ufa and their interested, then i wouldnt be surprised, but I'm not banking on him automatically going straight to ufa just so he can go back to minny.

for huberdeau, if its 4.5per or less then i hope its 4-6yrs. anything more, which i highly doubt it'll be more than that, keep it 3yrs at max. 3-4yrs would be good because its not a long term gamble (assuming he's making decent money). come on, sign for 4.2per x 5yrs :)

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
this is what i hate about the bjugstad deal.
he goes straight to ufa, correct?
His current deal buys out 2 UFA years, which is an amazing contract considering the AAV. Usually GMs have to pay more to get extra years.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
His current deal buys out 2 UFA years, which is an amazing contract considering the AAV. Usually GMs have to pay more to get extra years.

this. Waiting until his last RFA year to give him a long term contract would have coster 3/4 million more per year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad