Confirmed with Link: Hronek Loaned to Mountfield HK (Czech Tipsport Extraliga)

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007

yeah. czech rep dealt with it really well in the spring, but numbers have rocketed now. i mean they had fans in at matches. only a couple of weeks ago i was at a slavia praha match. the limit was 1000. but they have started introducing new measures focused on "leisure activities". this includes professional sports for now.i expect that the league will get up and running again after a few weeks....but i can't see fans being allowed back in for a long time.

it is sad, but even more so for uk hockey (i'm a scottish guy living in prague). the uk elite league actually managed to build up a solid fanbase, improved the level hugely and the uk national team is now in group 1. a huuuuge improvement over a very short period of time (sparked in part at least due to the last lockout and the presence of such star players as drew miller at my team! haha) but the teams rely on fan numbers. the uk season will probably be cancelled completely and even if the teams manage to survive, their budgets will be destroyed. for the czechs this won't be such an issue, but for the brits, it will be a catastrophe.

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017
Has anyone read or heard if the Czech league Hronek is in will start playing again anytime soon? And along those lines is Zadina healthy enough to play if they do have hockey games?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Depends, It wont be the SHL because that would mean staying over there until the season is finished. It would need to be one where he can be recalled once training camp opens.

You can do just loans with Finnish teams. Least corona in here of good men-level Leagues.

Jukurit is the worst team with least depth, they could need free help especially financially (free players).

Too bad McIsaac left, he would have been good connection at HPK already.

At least Vähätalo plays for Jukurit. Or Kivenmäki/Kotkansalo could work with Ässät. Brättström at Kouvola.

Kivenmäki - Kotkaniemi - Zadina
Kotkansalo - Hronek

Please, Pori, make it happen.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
You can do just loans with Finnish teams. Least corona in here of good men-level Leagues.

Jukurit is the worst team with least depth, they could need free help especially financially (free players).

Too bad McIsaac left, he would have been good connection at HPK already.

At least Vähätalo plays for Jukurit. Or Kivenmäki/Kotkansalo could work with Ässät. Brättström at Kouvola.

Kivenmäki - Kotkaniemi - Zadina
Kotkansalo - Hronek

Please, Pori, make it happen.
Kotkaniemi with Zadina? I am absolutely mindblown! Steve, make it happen somehow!

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
Hronek the best D in the Czech top tier league now.

- 23 points in 22 games (5th in the league)
- 74 shots (3rd in the league)
- 24:17 TOI/GP (2nd in the league)
- on a mid-tier team, Hronek is +15 in 22 games

He isn't wasting time.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Hronek the best D in the Czech top tier league now.

- 23 points in 22 games (5th in the league)
- 74 shots (3rd in the league)
- 24:17 TOI/GP (2nd in the league)
- on a mid-tier team, Hronek is +15 in 22 games

He isn't wasting time.

I think sometimes we forget that last season was his first full season in the NHL at the ripe old age of 22.

His track record is really impressive for a 2nd round pick. Plus he's already got one of the better slapshots in the league (ask John Gibson).

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 8.24.08 AM.png

Reactions: CaptainZetterberg40

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I think sometimes we forget that last season was his first full season in the NHL at the ripe old age of 22.

His track record is really impressive for a 2nd round pick. Plus he's already got one of the better slapshots in the league (ask John Gibson).

View attachment 379430

I do think Hronek is underrated on this board. I think he could have a very Kronwall like career (More overall skill than playing style). I don't think he is your ideal number 1 but he will be able to fill in if needed. I mean he has produced at basically a solid 0.5 pt/g pace in his first two shortened seasons. He has a great slapper, solid passing vision, and has a bit of a physical edge. If the Wings are lucky enough to have him anchor our 2nd pair for the next decade, I think the Wings will be very lucky.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I do think Hronek is underrated on this board.
?

I don't think he's underrated at all, he's got the second best one-timer on the team, and it's on par with any 1D in the league.

He's better offensively than Kronwall, not nearly as good defensively. But he's been paired with crappy partners, so I think there's more upside when Chris opens up the wallet. Picking up a good UFA LHD will go a long ways to improving Hronek's game.

Ideally I think he's 2nd pair D though.

Reactions: Oddbob

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
?

I don't think he's underrated at all, he's got the second best one-timer on the team, and it's on par with any 1D in the league.

He's better offensively than Kronwall, not nearly as good defensively. But he's been paired with crappy partners, so I think there's more upside when Chris opens up the wallet. Picking up a good UFA LHD will go a long ways to improving Hronek's game.

Kronwall was pretty good offensively.
Offensively, I give Kronwall the edge in passing, skating with the puck, and jumping into the rush.
I give Hronek the advantage on point shot.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
?

Yeah, I think he is going to be a guy who can play anywhere in the Top 4 at over 20 minutes a night and be quite good. I don't think he is a true #1 though in terms of overall play, as he isn't quite good enough at either offence or defence to be that. Still a really good player though. I like the way he plays as he competes hard all over the ice and isn't afraid to muck it up with bigger players.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Offensively, I give Kronwall the edge in passing, skating with the puck, and jumping into the rush.
Kronwall was 2 years older than Hronek is now when he became a regular in the NHL but missed most of that season with an injury.
The following season when he was 3 years older than Hronek is now he scored 22 points in 68 games and was a 0 in the +/-minus on a powerhouse Wings' team.
Hronek is way ahead of Kronner at the same age.

Last edited:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
If Hronek jumped in on a rush, who's covering for him? Poor guy has been paired up with Cholo, Bowey, Daley, etc. I don't think Blash is allowing d-men to jump in for good reason.

I don't think Kronwall would have looked nearly as good at the same age if the team wasn't loaded with HOFers, and Hronek would look helluva lot better if he was surrounded by that team. Kronwall didn't even start putting up big points until he was 27.

FYI, Kronwall played 20 games at 23, Hronek just turned 23 last month. Kronwall was playing sheltered minutes, Hronek is averaging 10 minutes per game more.

This is why I'm saying wait a couple of years... I think when the rebuild starts taking shape, his points will go up too.

(Imagine if Hronek was on those teams instead of Lebda/Lilja? Wow.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad