Confirmed with Link: Hronek Loaned to Mountfield HK (Czech Tipsport Extraliga)

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Very Good Game by Hronek today

2 Assists +3 30:15 TOI (6:30 more than anyone else on his team) in a 4-3 SO Win

Goal 3 Assists +5 in his 1st 4 Games
Hronek is the real deal. He was asked to be a #1 which is simply asking too much of him. He's already a solid #4 on most teams and I think he will look a lot better once he's playing less minutes.

Reactions: lilidk

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
He logged a lot of ice time, but the "regression" also coincided with having to play with crappy partners. FFS, nobody is going to look good playing with Bowey or Daley.

Filip Hronek - Fantasy Hockey Game Logs, Advanced Stats and more - Frozen Tools
Agree...Bowey and Daley were horrible. Staal is already an upgrade over either. I’m really curious to see who else we add, because I think with Seider and possibly Lindstrom, plus possible additions should actually improve our defense substantially. That and not having Howard will be a big boon to our coming season.

Reactions: RedMenace

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Agree...Bowey and Daley were horrible. Staal is already an upgrade over either. I’m really curious to see who else we add, because I think with Seider and possibly Lindstrom, plus possible additions should actually improve our defense substantially. That and not having Howard will be a big boon to our coming season.
DDK is supposed to come back after his surgery, which means Hronek will probably play with DDK or Nemeth. I hope Hronek never has to play with Staal. Nemeth is a 3rd pair D anywhere else in this league, but at least he's good defensively.

Reactions: golffuul

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Didn't he spend most of the end of the season with Nemeth?
Noooo, look at the link, it was mostly Bowey and Daley. I thought it was mostly Daley, because I remember how bad he was.

Besides Hronek was logging 25 minutes so he's bound to have at least 2 partners.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Hronek's 5 on 5 minutes with:
Nemeth 363
Daley 184
Bowey 156
Cholo 100
Green 95
Dekeyser 92
Biega 36
Ericsson 30
Lindstrom 23
Hicketts 6
McIlrath 6
Goloubef 2

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Hronek's 5 on 5 minutes with:
Nemeth 363
Daley 184
Bowey 156
Cholo 100
Green 95
Dekeyser 92
Biega 36
Ericsson 30
Lindstrom 23
Hicketts 6
McIlrath 6
Goloubef 2
Yeah, early season he was with Nemeth, and he closes the game with him when they're losing. Do the math, he spent less than 1/3 of the ice time with Nemeth even if he did have the most time with him. Keep in mind that Daley was injured most of the season so those 184 minutes were logged late season. Same with Bowey playing the left side, that was a late season thing as well. I'm guessing you didn't watch games?

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
DDK is supposed to come back after his surgery, which means Hronek will probably play with DDK or Nemeth. I hope Hronek never has to play with Staal. Nemeth is a 3rd pair D anywhere else in this league, but at least he's good defensively.
Yeah...I wasn't wishing for Hronek to play with Staal, just that Staal is at least an upgrade on our defense over Bowey and Daley.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
He showed his defensive played tanked as the season went on.

Yet to be determined if it was just burnout, taking too many chances, or regression due to coaching.

He was playing #1 minutes with partners worse than him in front of a terrible goalie on a terrible team as a 22 year old sophomore and he held on more often than not. And this after a great rookie season and a phenomenal AHL career. Hronek has been a stud basically since being drafted sans the last bit of last year and is just shy of 23. Hes a defenseman. The fact that he’s even where he is at this age is great but he has a couple years more still before he’s really hitting his stride.

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
He logged a lot of ice time, but the "regression" also coincided with having to play with crappy partners. FFS, nobody is going to look good playing with Bowey or Daley.

Filip Hronek - Fantasy Hockey Game Logs, Advanced Stats and more - Frozen Tools
I don't mean just getting shelled, or playing with bad partners.

But he was routinely in no-man's land in terms of his defensive positioning and it kept getting worse throughout the season.

He's not a defensive beast to begin with, I'd even put him below average for the league. It's his offensive game that pushes him up overall quite a ways.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
Nemeth was a stabilizing presence for Hronek last year. Hronek's drop-off in play coincides with that pairing being split up in the second half of the season (although, interestingly, Nemeth's play continued to be solid throughout).

Reactions: Henkka and lomekian

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I don't mean just getting shelled, or playing with bad partners.

But he was routinely in no-man's land in terms of his defensive positioning and it kept getting worse throughout the season.

He's not a defensive beast to begin with, I'd even put him below average for the league. It's his offensive game that pushes him up overall quite a ways.
That happens when you don't trust your defensive partner. Bowey was always out of position and Daley couldn't cover my grandmother. (She's been dead for 3 decades.) That puts him in a terrible position of either giving the puck carrier a straight shot at the goal or covering his responsibility. Pretty obvious when you watch the games. He's average defensively, his partners were AHL level players.

It's also got to take a mental toll on the poor guys when you have to play with AHL level partners. The fact of the matter is that he looked good playing with Nemeth (as everyone has already mentioned), and Nemeth is a 3rd pair D on any other team. I'm not at all worried about Hronek other than who he gets as a partner next season. I'm hoping Stevie picks up on more stop gap vet D in case DDK can't play. Also, Nemeth is TDL bait. Playing with AHL players or Staal will have negative impact on Hronek's development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad