Post-Game Talk: Howard plays great, Wings still lose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
hahahahah

"Good performance, we did lots of things good. I thought we did lots of things really well." -Jeff Blashill

"I thought we fought hard, we gotta keep doing what we're doing" -Henrik Zetterberg

Someone has to tell these guys we have lost 8 of our last 10 games. These comments are sickening to the stomach. Why is there no accountability? How many losses does it take for Blashill to say something different? Sickening.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
so it's okay that Blashill does stupid things because Babcock did too?

not sure what your overall point here is,either way he's still made some colossally dumb moves

Blashill has been a huge disappointment,all the stupidity of Babcock and minus his good points

:rolleyes: Colossal. Ok.

Obviously, I'm not saying its okay for Blashill to do stupid things - lets not waste time and energy on projecting strawmans - rather I'm saying that literally all coaches do stupid things. Look around the league.

And Babcock's good points? Babcock's best points were that he had the team thriving with a still-passable Kronwall and Zetterberg and Datsyuk (in almost any form).

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Aside from putting Tatar out there when pulling Jimmy, I've got not much to complain about Blash tonight. Sproul got his chance, Mantha got his chance.
Kronner got limited IT. It's the team that ****ed up yet again. Let's not act as if he didn't cost us points before though.

I blame Tatar. That goal was on him and he can't score. 1 goal

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Anyone not on the "we need to rebuild/tank" train by now? Just curious.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Wow, how short is your memory?

How about Babcock's penchant for shell hockey when up by a goal? How about putting a decrepit Daniel Cleary alongside Datsyuk to get Datsyuk going? How about playing Glendening 15 minutes a night? How about cementing Abdelkader to the Z/D line for two years before Abdelkader learned how to produce up there? How about overplaying Ericsson and Q relentlessly? Trying to convert Smith to a defensive defenseman? Using Tatar, a defensive liability, on the point of the PP? Demoting Legwand to 4C despite him kickstarting Nyquist upon his arrival?

Jesus, man.
Yes bumblecock was a bad coach as well.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Well everyone was so happy Babs was leaving. Saying it was time for him too go. Well it looks like what he was saying came true, the team or rather Kenny was unwilling to listen and get players. Now everyone is saying Blash sucks? Well you can't coach subpar filler and over the hill allstars with a good player here and there in the mix to be good. They just are not a good team that's all this is. Kenny has been over his head for years and it is showing in a huge way. One can only hope his crap job of running the team and missing the playoffs in the final year at the joe will end this joke. New arena new manager rebuild and maybe in 4 or 5 years we may compete again. And no I will not argue with the Kenny lovers this is 1000% all on his ass.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Those two aren't franchise players either, so may as well sell high before people figure out who they are.

Interesting that you can make that judgment, seeing how Mantha has played less than 20 games at the NHL level and it remains to be seen what Larkin becomes.

grewalwings

May 23, 2014
Ontario
They played well against a top team, sucks they couldn't score. My solution is trade Tatar, Smith, Ouellet, Jurco however possible for picks and draft well. Hope one of the guys drafted are talented enough make a difference the upcoming season. Chances are low though, very low. Only if we had drafted a guy like chychrun :/

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I blame Tatar. That goal was on him and he can't score. 1 goal

Yup can't handle the puck coming out of the corner there. Flips over to their dman. He tees it up off Howard then Beagel scores on the rebound, who should be his man. He wasn't anywhere close to him or the net to maybe clear rebounds.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
I just don't understand how Nyquist and Tatar regressed so much within two years they are becoming non-factors. The two players that were going to be a major part of the new core are just invisible now.

Nyquist who looked like he was 1 year away from becoming a legit elite winger, while Tatar was going to become a great winger in his own right. Tatar is still showing the rookie jitters where he becomes too anxious and just starts fumbling the puck/gets too hyper.

*Vince Russo voice*
Bro, it blows my mind to see this happening.
/*Vince Russo voice*

But besides bashing Blash, there needs to be a wake up call to this team. Leadership and accountability has been on the decline for the past few years. Is the hard work culture the Red Wings had over the past 25+ years dying in the locker room?

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
yawn

We suck, what else is new.

In the 8 games we won, in how many did we realistically outplay the opposition? 3? Maybe 4? This team is destined for the bottom of the league. It really is pathetic that we have the highest payroll, and are one of the worst teams in the NHL.

We need to let Blashill go now, and end the Holland era in the offseason.

I'm kinda liking the Blashill and Holland show right about now. They can make all sorts of noises about keeping the playoff streak alive while we bottom out with a roster full of bloated, overpriced guys on awful contracts and pick in the top 10 over the next two years. Then Holland can retire and the new GM can hire his own coach and get the rebuild started with hopefully at least two very high draft picks from the next two drafts.

We can even say we never tanked! ;)

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
I just don't understand how Nyquist and Tatar regressed so much within two years they are becoming non-factors. The two players that were going to be a major part of the new core are just invisible now.

Nyquist who looked like he was 1 year away from becoming a legit elite winger, while Tatar was going to become a great winger in his own right. Tatar is still showing the rookie jitters where he becomes too anxious and just starts fumbling the puck/gets too hyper.

*Vince Russo voice*
Bro, it blows my mind to see this happening.
/*Vince Russo voice*

But besides bashing Blash, there needs to be a wake up call to this team. Leadership and accountability has been on the decline for the past few years. Is the hard work culture the Red Wings had over the past 25+ years dying in the locker room?

They are too damn small, the league figured out how to play them. They just get pushed to the out side and muscled off the puck.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
i just don't understand how nyquist and tatar regressed so much within two years they are becoming non-factors. The two players that were going to be a major part of the new core are just invisible now.

Nyquist who looked like he was 1 year away from becoming a legit elite winger, while tatar was going to become a great winger in his own right. Tatar is still showing the rookie jitters where he becomes too anxious and just starts fumbling the puck/gets too hyper.

*vince russo voice*
bro, it blows my mind to see this happening.
/*vince russo voice*

but besides bashing blash, there needs to be a wake up call to this team. Leadership and accountability has been on the decline for the past few years. Is the hard work culture the red wings had over the past 25+ years dying in the locker room?

Last edited:

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Well everyone was so happy Babs was leaving. Saying it was time for him too go. Well it looks like what he was saying came true, the team or rather Kenny was unwilling to listen and get players. Now everyone is saying Blash sucks? Well you can't coach subpar filler and over the hill allstars with a good player here and there in the mix to be good. They just are not a good team that's all this is. Kenny has been over his head for years and it is showing in a huge way. One can only hope his crap job of running the team and missing the playoffs in the final year at the joe will end this joke. New arena new manager rebuild and maybe in 4 or 5 years we may compete again. And no I will not argue with the Kenny lovers this is 1000% all on his ass.

Get rid of the trash and go with Blash!!! :sarcasm:

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Well no one dreamed they would win this outcome was expected. Sad, it takes star players getting injured the last two games to make it even close. I hate injuries just want to watch teams at their best. Washington wasn't great tonight. The Wings are developing a trap defensive style clogging up the game, seems like our best hope to try and win.

As dull as the game was the Red Wings played better, closer to the realm they can execute. There were a lot of simple, hard, thoughtful passes and great defensive plays. Detroit didn't make complete fools of themselves, there's that. They looked like and NHL team (albeit at very weak and slow one) which is about all I'm asking for at this point.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Nothing like looking at the standings and seeing the Wings 5 points out of last overall

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
honestly who cares? id prefer the make the playoffs but if they get a good draft pick for the first time in eons thats cool too. whatever happens happens.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014

So what? In the past 10 games he has 0G 3A and a -4 to go along with it. In those 10 games he has averaged 17 minutes, and if he was so dynamite while on the ice during 5v5 situations his stats would look a lot better.

Vanek was the one driving the offense early on, and once he got injured Nyquist has done nothing but become another problem/passenger on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad