Prospect Info: How would you rate Calgary's drafting under Treliving?

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Count me in as one of those who would like to see Button sent to the moon. This guy has presided over too many failures to have still made it so far. Not all should lie at his feet, but in this industry his tenure is pretty notable, and not in a good way.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
No draft can be properly evaluated until ten years afterwards. So the most recent Flames draft I am willing to evaluate would be 2008:

Greg Nemisz
Mitch Wahl
Lance Bouma
Nick Larson
TJ Brodie
Riley Grantham
Alexander Dielert

Considering Wahl's career might have gone differently if not for serious concussion issues, I think this was overall a solid draft. The first rounder was botched as names like Derek Stapan, John Carlson, Slava Voynov, Roman Josi, Justin Schultz, Travis Hamonic would have been better selections. The fact that TJ Brodie is an absolute stud in my opinion is pretty notable though, and so I would give Button's most recently evaluable draft a B+.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
No draft can be properly evaluated until ten years afterwards. So the most recent Flames draft I am willing to evaluate would be 2008.

Not trying to bash, just genuinely curious why you chose ten years?

I get some guys like Fobert or Jack Campbell taking a while to get to the show, but waiting until prospects are 28 to properly evaluate is also an interesting decision.

For example, the 2009 draft I'd say is pretty safe to call a bust at this point. Erixon, Howse, Ortio, Spencer Bennett, Bjorklund and Paetterson are pretty clear whiffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad