Player Discussion How overpaid is Timothy Liljegren?

How overpaid is Timothy Liljegren?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
So he's our second-best RHD and you think he shouldn't get any help to improve?

I'd be interested in knowing which Boston player he was supposed to cover on a 5-on-3. I guess if you've never coached defence or even played it you may not be aware that when you are short (especially two men short) you don't cover a man, but play zone.

On the fourth goal in the Carolina game, Nylander was properly covering the points as the high man. The breakdown was by Tavares, who not only didn't cover his man, but screened the goalie.

But again, no need to make inaccurate statements about a forward when the topic is a particular defenceman.

best RHD doesn't mean best option as RD

if you saw a 5v3 on 1st meeting of 2, we didn't watched the same game. He allowed a goal at 4v5 with both liljegren and nylander trying to cover the same guy but it was the goal im able to live with of 3...

3rd goal on a 3v3, he let his guy with all space of the world to cover brodie guy who was also covering him... result debrusk took this space and take his great shot.

4rd goal , just let his guy all alone being him when he judt slept on the ice.

goal #3 and 4 having 0 reason to happen

on 4th goal vs carolina, yes exactly nylander was in perfect position but when it what the time to block the shot/pass, he left his left skate to avoid the shoot unstead of sliding or drop his leg to stop it like exemple marner or matthews would do. The fact he didn't want to get hit by the puck is what cost that goal. Details are the difference berween a win and a lost, he sliding on burns shot, the puck would deflect in corner and game wpuld be over but unstead he did everything he can to remove his body from shot trajectory and Carolina ties it. i guarantee you, you put marchand/ pastrnak , mackinon/ Rantanen, barkov/ Tkachuk or any player of those team and every player would slide and doing everything thay can to prevent that shot. Those kind of details is exactly the difference between a winning team and a losing team.

Last edited:

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

if you saw a 5v3 on 1st meeting of 2, we didn't watched the same game. He allowed a goal at 4v5 with both liljegren and nylander trying to cover the same guy but it was the goal im able to live with of 3...

3rd goal on a 3v3, he let his guy with all space of the world to cover brodie guy who was also covering him... result debrusk took this space and take his great shot.

on 4th goal vs carolina, yes exactly nylander was in perfect position but when it what the time to block the shot/pass, he left his left skate to avoid the shoot unstead of sliding or drop his leg to stop it like exemple marner or matthews would do. The fact he didn't want to get hit by the puck is what cost that goal. Details are the difference berween a win and a lost, he sliding on burns shot, the puck would deflect in corner and game wpuld be over but unstead he did everything he can to remove his body from shot trajectory and Carolina ties it. i guarantee you, you put marchand/ pastrnak , mackinon/ Rantanen, barkov/ Tkachuk or any player of those team and every player would slide and doing everything thay can to prevent that shot. Those kind of details is exactly the difference between a winning team and a losing team.

Ok - you were referring to the earlier game.

It takes a pretty good stretch of the imagination to specifically blame him for either goal. On the other hand, if you can come up with a way to blame Nylander for Tavares not covering his man and screening the goalie, you can do it.

Again, stop trying to blame Nylander for something that wasn't his fault, in a thread about a completely different person.

Of course you still haven't given any reason why the coaches shouldn't do their job.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Ok - you were referring to the earlier game.

It takes a pretty good stretch of the imagination to specifically blame him for either goal. On the other hand, if you can come up with a way to blame Nylander for Tavares not covering his man and screening the goalie, you can do it.

Again, stop trying to blame Nylander for something that wasn't his fault, in a thread about a completely different person.

Of course you still haven't given any reason why the coaches shouldn't do their job.

its not nylander topic so i will not continu to talk about him

Joe n

Aug 12, 2019

Do you whine about every other D-man on the team when they make a bad play? I'm pretty sure the entire D corps is as bad or worse.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Do you whine about every other D-man on the team when they make a bad play? I'm pretty sure the entire D corps is as bad or worse.

defensively probably only timmins who worst

offensively, 14 of his 20 points happenend on 8 different game vs philly X 2, buffalo, Sj x2, anaheim, arizona, columbus. they all bad team, okay for a reason i can explain philly are actually in playoff with probably the worst NHL roster but they still a pretty bad team and i can guarantee you than leafs will not play any of those team in playoff!

he doesn't bring physicality, hes not a good penalty killer and not better in pp...hes unable to provide any offensive against good team outside of Carolina despite the fact than nobody started more offensive faceoff than him amount all leafs D at even strenght with easier matchup...

Honestly outside hes a RHD, can you tell me whats he really bring to the leafs to raise their chance to win in playoff

Reactions: TMLife17

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Has 20 pts and lead the leafs D in minutes last night and people question his contract still?
You question the contract when he continuously becomes a healthy scratch in the playoffs.

How much do other teams pay their 7th soft playing/soft serving soft serve defenseman?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00