How much will having arguably the worst 1C in the Western Conference hurt the Predators?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I was thinking about it today, and I realized every playoff team in the Western Conference has a better center than anyone on Nashville. I would take all of Karlsson (this year at least), Pavelski, Getzlaf, Kopitar, Staal, MacKinnon, and Schiefele over Johansen. Will this be a problem for the Predators?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Not a whole lot because 1C is perhaps the most overrated position in hockey and they can compensate for it quite well in other areas. Most notably the D, which I consider significantly more important than C overall.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Yeah, it’s not their strength. They likely more than make up for it in quality of defensemen.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
They did alright last season coming in as the last wild card and unarguably showed that they can score by committee to mitigate Johanson's (sp?) lack of scoring and become the class of the league. They are 7th in scoring, with probably the best d in the league and a remarkable season from Rinne. These guys are cup favourites and their play showed that. go preds goo.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I was thinking about it today, and I realized every playoff team in the Western Conference has a better center than anyone on Nashville. I would take all of Karlsson (this year at least), Pavelski, Getzlaf, Kopitar, Staal, MacKinnon, and Schiefele over Johansen. Will this be a problem for the Predators?

It hasn't been a problem for literally all season.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017

We eliminated you last year with Mike Fisher, Calle Jarnkrok, Colton Sissons and Freddy Gaudreu.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

:huh:

J9UCUVn.gif

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Johansen ate Toews' lunch in the playoffs last year and was a monster against the Blues as well before getting hurt in the Ducks series. He has been on fire the last few weeks, it's definitely an effort thing from 92 but he comes to play in the postseason.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I'd probably take Johansen over Karlsson and Staal, even with their amazing years, and Turris is up there for being the best 2C in the conference(behind Carter, close with Couture, and Kelser). When that's your weakness then you're pretty good. Their defence is insane. Rinne has been great but I'm not sure I still trust him TBH.

If they lose it won't be because Johansen isn't good enough

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Not much to be honest. They might not have the same top-end as some of the other teams (and even that I'm not sure about), but their centre depth (as well as in other areas), should more than cover for any deficiency.

Reactions: Riptide

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
RyJoe is an absolute stud in the playoffs.

Even if he's not scoring, he's not gonna hurt you being on the ice matched up against your Getzlafs, Kopitars. The JOFA line is very good in it's own end.

They're fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad