Value of: How Much Is That Dougie In The Window?: Hamilton's Next Contract

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
sorry to disappoint you but hes not going anywhere

We burn the city to the ground if it doesn't happen

And then Molson must find a way to bring Brisebois home

Him, or Patrick Roy (because it would be f***ing hilarious)

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
that wont be happening either . i know its tough to hear but its gonna take two more years for the habs to be legit contenders but its coming

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Dougie has finally found a home with a really good team. Will be shocked if he lands anywhere but back in Carolina.

8 years/$7m AAV gets it done.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I have no doubt that if he chooses to test free agency that there will be interest and likely an offer from the Jets.

How was his relationship with Ron Francis when he was in Carolina? Could also see the Kraken recruiting him in free agency as they will have the cap space and and a possible good working relationship to build off.
There was no overlap of Francis and Dougie in Carolina. Francis was fired before the trade. Waddell made the trade to acquire Dougie.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Look at the list of Free agent defenseman this year. Nobody close to Dougie so he’s going to get paid.

Reactions: Tryamw

WeatherBeaten

Mar 4, 2019
What do you think Hamilton's next contract will be worth?

He's really come into his own the last 2 seasons, and there are a number of teams (Arizona, Winnipeg, Ottawa, New Jersey, etc) who could use his services and will have the cap space to make it happen

Unless he's willing to take less money for a specific destination (ie. his hometown team Toronto), I think we could see him land a contract worth north of 9 million per season
I don’t have anything to add to the guesses already mentioned, but I wanted to say how much I enjoy your thread titles. Very well done.

Reactions: Perennial

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I think he will be exposed or traded. The flyers have been so bad that big changes are coming. He’s prime candidate to go.

He'll be 32 starting next season and have a cap hit of $8.25M / year for another 3 years (his actual salary is a bit less though). In a flat cap environment, do you see a lot of teams interested in that? Or are you assuming either retention and/or some other arrangement?

Not being a smart-ass here, these are genuine questions. I haven't watched him play this year so no idea how attractive he would be to another team or not.

Reactions: TheKingPin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
As do the Flames and other few. This may be one of the biggest upcoming off seasons we’ve seen in a long time.

I see both the Flames and Flyers trading with each other trying to mix things up. Probably best for them to just sell off but I can’t see that happening for the flyers at least.

He'll be 32 starting next season and have a cap hit of $8.25M / year for another 3 years (his actual salary is a bit less though). In a flat cap environment, do you see a lot of teams interested in that? Or are you assuming either retention and/or some other arrangement?

Not being a smart-ass here, these are genuine questions. I haven't watched him play this year so no idea how attractive he would be to another team or not.

Well those are certainly big numbers. This year that is not good. Other years I think we could trade him as is for value as he is not that much below a ppg player and still produces a lot. I really do not know what the flyers will do or what the actual market is after the ED. I think if a contender wanted Voracek they would certainly benefit. I thought he was a better target than Hall at the TDL personally.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Wonder if Seattle has a shot: they could give a giant contract given a) his age (only 28) and b: all the open space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad