How many live Leafs games have you been to?

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Scores in Toronto both at MLG and ACC, ,10-15 in Montreal at forum and a few at Bell ctr, 1 at Ottawa civic ctr and a dozen or so at current Ottawa, 10 in Buffalo Aud and new arena. 1 at Philly spectrum 1 at Wells Fargo. 3 in Boston 1 at Garden. 2 at MSG. 1 at Pitts Igloo 1 at newer arena. 2 at Joe Louis, 1 at Meadowlands 1 at Hartford, 1 at Landover vs Caps, and believe it or not 1 at the Omni in Atlanta against the Flames as we were on our way to Daytona when I was around 18. Alaways wanted to get to the old Chicago Stadium but never made it.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Nov 7, 1998 - vs. Rangers (6-6 Tie)
Nov 9, 1998 - vs. Islanders (3-1 Loss)
Feb 9, 2002 - vs. Canadians (4-1 Win)
Nov 27, 2008 - @ Senators (2-1 SO Loss)
March 6, 2010 - @ Senators (2-1 SO Win)
February 7, 2011 - vs. Thrashers (5-4 Win)
Feb 7, 2015 - vs. Oilers (Rielly click-and-drag goal) (5-1 Win)
Mar 24, 2016 - vs. Ducks (6-5 OT Win)
Oct 12, 2016 - @ Senators (Auston Matthews 4-goal game) (5-4 OT Loss)
Nov 17, 2016 - vs. Panthers (Marner breakaway goal with Matheson draped on him) (6-1 Win)
Dec 13, 2016 - vs. Sharks (3-2 SO Loss)
Feb 9, 2017 - vs. Blues (2-1 OT Loss)
Nov 20, 2017 - vs. Coyotes (4-1 Loss)
Feb 4, 2018 - @ Rangers (4-0 Win)
Feb 12, 2018 - vs. Lightning (4-3 Win)

All-time record (8W-2L-4OTL-1T)

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Probably about 15 regular season games and maybe 5 pre-season games. Never a playoff game. But I'm 34 and I grew up in Toronto... so only about 1 game a year on average or so.

To be honest, I have a much more enjoyable time watching the game at Real Sports on the big screen. And if they lose, I don't feel like I wasted a ton of money.

The best is watching playoff games in Maple Leaf Square. Amazing atmosphere and the TV and sound quality is actually quite good. They have beer, pizza, and porta potties... so that's all I need. Plus being able to smoke/vape outside is pretty nice too.

Reactions: studebaker17

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Nov 7, 1998 - vs. Rangers (6-6 Tie)
Nov 9, 1998 - vs. Islanders (3-1 Loss)
Feb 9, 2002 - vs. Canadians (4-1 Win)
Nov 27, 2008 - @ Senators (2-1 SO Loss)
March 6, 2010 - @ Senators (2-1 SO Win)
February 7, 2011 - vs. Thrashers (5-4 Win)
Feb 7, 2015 - vs. Oilers (Rielly click-and-drag goal) (5-1 Win)
Mar 24, 2016 - vs. Ducks (6-5 OT Win)
Oct 12, 2016 - @ Senators (Auston Matthews 4-goal game) (5-4 OT Loss)
Nov 17, 2016 - vs. Panthers (Marner breakaway goal with Matheson draped on him) (6-1 Win)
Dec 13, 2016 - vs. Sharks (3-2 SO Loss)
Feb 9, 2017 - vs. Blues (2-1 OT Loss)
Nov 20, 2017 - vs. Coyotes (4-1 Loss)
Feb 4, 2018 - @ Rangers (4-0 Win)
Feb 12, 2018 - vs. Lightning (4-3 Win)

All-time record (8W-2L-4OTL-1T)

You were there for Matthews' 4 goal debut, that must have been awesome.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
One. Got to see them beat the Oilers here in Edmonton. The TSN guys here have been relentlessly slagging the Leafs for years. That shut them up for a day or two at least. Until this season. Now they "self slag".

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
I've been to probably a dozen Leafs-Sens games here in Ottawa. A couple of them were pre-season games. I've been to one at the ACC and one at Keybank Arena in Buffalo. It's always a good time, but I find the older I get, the less and less I want to spend so much money on tickets, parking, concessions etc. It's getting ridiculous.

studebaker17

Jan 24, 2010
Probably about 15 regular season games and maybe 5 pre-season games. Never a playoff game. But I'm 34 and I grew up in Toronto... so only about 1 game a year on average or so.

To be honest, I have a much more enjoyable time watching the game at Real Sports on the big screen. And if they lose, I don't feel like I wasted a ton of money.

The best is watching playoff games in Maple Leaf Square. Amazing atmosphere and the TV and sound quality is actually quite good. They have beer, pizza, and porta potties... so that's all I need. Plus being able to smoke/vape outside is pretty nice too.

Similar for me but i'm a little older. Went to a few play off games in 93 and 94 but was a better crowd watching a game at the skydome on the jumbo tron while leafs were playing in San Jose. Crowd was way more rowdy lol.

I won't pay for a ticket any more but have them offered here and there. Seen them in Ottawa a few times as well and that's always fun .

Worst was paying for tickets against Tampa around 94 maybe 95 when they were a brutal expansion team. Chris Gratton went super star mode and Leafs got pounded.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Hmm...tough to remember throughout the years. About 15-18 times in total.

Only went to the Gardens twice, both when I was in my late teens, with my dad. I only remember that the first 3 games I ever attended we won, first one might have been Calgary but can't really recall, so I had a perfect record in the old barn.

Saw Leafs vs Canucks in their home opener in Vancouver while traveling (we won); saw Leafs vs Avalanche in Denver when I was working nearby there for a short time (we lost). Have yet to see Leafs in Montreal, it's on the bucket list.

Memorable games ... took my nephew to his first game - was a 6-5 win, Kessel hatty. Most exciting, fun game I've been to. First game I took my wife to, 3-2 comeback OT win (can't remember who it was against). I probably have a winning record, but last couple have been losses, last one was 4-1 loss to the Caps before we played them in the playoffs a couple of weeks later last year.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I've been to one regular season game at the ACC and a couple pre-season games.

The regular season game was vs. St Louis and the Leafs were on I think an 8 or 9 game winning streak. They lost in OT and it was a really good game and cool experience. That must have been like 2001 or thereabouts?

My GF at the time got the tickets through a raffle at her work.

The pre-season games I went to were from those Coke Zero fans first things years back. Wish they still did those but a lot of people were just selling their tickets which was lame and killed it.

Only time I went to MLG was to see Radiohead with Spiritualized opening. My seat was dead center balcony over where the goalie would be in a hockey game. Kept looking down thinking "that's where Cujo would be" haha.

Missed Spiritualized because we were drinking beer in the pancake place across the street figuring probably close to an hour from doors until the opening band even starts, and the bands actually started on time which never happened back then, was not happy about that.

What was that breakfast placed called again? Used to be a chain.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Ive been to MLG twice ACC four, St Louis , Nashville several, TB several, and Vegas every time they’ve played

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Many moons ago my family had season tickets...last row in the building but still...and for several years I saw every game..
Have not been to a game in over 15 years though.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
I was very close to taking a trip down to Tampa for last night's game (among other things, not just for the Leafs game) but ended up having to back out. Woulda been a fun game to be at, but I may never have known what a parallax effect is, so I guess everything happens for a reason.

Loving the stories guys, keep em coming.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
About 20 at MLG including playoffs in 86 or so. About 7 or 8 at ACC. About 15-20 in Ottawa including a playoff win and 1 in Vegas,

Was there for Auston’s 4 goal debut.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I was very close to taking a trip down to Tampa for last night's game (among other things, not just for the Leafs game) but ended up having to back out. Woulda been a fun game to be at, but I may never have known what a parallax effect is, so I guess everything happens for a reason.

Loving the stories guys, keep em coming.
I don't know if they still do this but here is a story of what I got to do when I saw the Leafs play in Tampa. My seats happened to be 2nd row next to the Lightning penalty box. When I got to them this Woman tells me with those specific seats if I show my ticket I can go into some lounge which gives free food like Cheeseburgers, Hot Dogs, Chicken Fingers and etc along with free Beer or Coca Cola products. Plus this lounge happened to be right where the Leafs would come out of their dressing room and onto the ice. So unlike at the Air Canada Centre you can get a lot closer up to the players because we were separated by a barricade fence.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
3 games. All at the ACC. 3-0-0 record.

Feb 18th 2003 Canes @ Leafs. Very happy to see Mogilny scored a breakaway goal. Kidd was in goal that game.

Mar 11th 2010 Bolts @ Leafs. The height of the Stamkos/St. Louis era, Stamkos scores his 42nd goal, an one-timer at his office, the game went to OT and it was an exciting one, Phil the thrill scored the OT winner there.

April 1st 2014 Flames @ Leafs. Got a pair of free tickets from my boss because the Leafs were godawful that year. Surrounded by Flames fans at the 300 level. The game itself was extremely boring, but hey, David freaking Clarkson scored a breakaway goal in the 3rd, that alone was worth the admission.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
I don't know if they still do this but here is a story of what I got to do when I saw the Leafs play in Tampa. My seats happened to be 2nd row next to the Lightning penalty box. When I got to them this Woman tells me with those specific seats if I show my ticket I can go into some lounge which gives free food like Cheeseburgers, Hot Dogs, Chicken Fingers and etc along with free Beer or Coca Cola products. Plus this lounge happened to be right where the Leafs would come out of their dressing room and onto the ice. So unlike at the Air Canada Centre you can get a lot closer up to the players because we were separated by a barricade fence.

That sounds amazing. I'd still like to go sometime next season and catch a game, so I'll keep this in mind when deciding the quality of seats to buy. I imagine the tickets were a lot cheaper than the ACC too :laugh:.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
A decent amount. I'm not sure of the exact total, but:

1 Leafs vs. Buffalo pre-season game
1 in Buffalo, with my college
2 or 3 Leafs vs. Tampa games at the ACC
1 Leafs vs. Carolina (shutout loss) game at the ACC
1 Leafs vs. Panthers game at the ACC (lost 8-2 or something like that)
1 Leafs vs. Stars game at the ACC (Lindros' last game)
2 or 3 Leafs vs. Ottawa games at home, including my first game in the year 2000
Leafs vs Vegas this season, at home

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
That sounds amazing. I'd still like to go sometime next season and catch a game, so I'll keep this in mind when deciding the quality of seats to buy. I imagine the tickets were a lot cheaper than the ACC too :laugh:.
Like I said before I don't know if the Lightning still do this and the Leafs no longer come out that way.

I have the ticket from that game in front of me as I type this and the cost back than in December 2007 was $201.75 according to it.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I have been to many over the year. I was at the Gardens for game 3 in 1967 cup finals with my dad and Bulford scored in OT I believe it was second period of OT to beat the Habs. Keon was my hero as he could fly. I have no idea of how many games I went to as I was at many with my Dad and then got tickets when I was older from my uncle always in the end Greens.

Me and my friends used to go to the Marlboros games and I remember one game my friends and I were screaming like idiots as we were 14 or so...were asked to shout Don't bench French so we did and he finally got on the ice in the 3rd period and scored two goals. I would bet it was his Dad that had us shout that. He was a decent player but must have been in the coaches dog house. We loved to go as Steve Derbano would fight any one and I believe he still holds the NHL record for most PIMs per game in the NHL. His nick name was Mental Case.

I have only been to 4 games at the ACC but I moved from Toronto to Saskatchewan so that explains it.

Been to lots of games in Buffalo and see the Leafs out West each year I have lived out in Saskatchewan. Interesting enough is my son went to his first NHL game last night in Tampa and thought why did JVR even shoot in the shootout!

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
3. Two against the Sens and Game six against the Bruins in 2013. In the first Sens game, they lost 8-2 and in the second they won 6-3 (this year)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad