How many live Leafs games have you been to?

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
Either in Toronto, or in another team's arena.

I personally have been to 3 games. A game in 08-09 where we came back from being down 2-0 to beat the Thrashers (I think in regulation, may have been overtime). Fairly certain it was Jeremy Williams' last NHL game.

A random game against Washington, I want to say in 2011 or 2012, where we were shut out 4-0. I've mostly wiped that game from my memory.

Most recently, I went to the Sens game on February 10, where Mitch had 5 points, and something ridiculous like 87% CF. It was glorious.

Have you been to any games? Any huge ones that you were lucky enough to see live?

I'm also interested in any games that you have attended in the other team's arena. What was the result? Were people harassing (playfully or otherwise) for being a Leafs fan?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Probably 13 or 14... All 9 out when I lived in Calgary .. 3 or 4 before then including a couple games as a kid at the Gardens .. One this season

I'll be going in a couple of weeks to the St Patrick's Day game against the Habs :)

The best was Sundin's 4-goal game against Florida IIRC where he scored the OT winner and had the perfect view for it.

The Leafs in Calgary have been underwhelming :laugh:

And I saw that Vancouver comeback win at the start of January.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I have been to a total of 55 Leafs games at the Air Canada Centre since it opened in 1999. I counted the number of programs I purchased at those games and it's how I got that number. My favorite all time game I saw live and in person is when Mats Sundin scored his 500th NHL goal in overtime, which was also a hat trick for him and the first time I saw one that was not on TV.

I have also seen a Leafs game in Tampa Bay on December 20, 2007. The Leafs ended up losing 2-1 when Vincent Lecavalier scored the winning goal at the 19:18 mark of the 3rd period. The experience was great and the Tampa fans were very nice.

Now this is non Leafs related but in December 2016 I saw a Toronto Raptors game in Orlando, Florida against the Orlando Magic and this past August I saw the Toronto Blue Jays play the Tampa Bay Rays in St. Petersburg at Tropicana Field.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Somewhere in the 30s to 40s, but most where when I was a kid and we got tickets through my uncles law firm. I’ve probably been to less than 10 since the lockout season.

Luckily, I decided to be an invader and will be helping to take of the Sabres arena on the 15th. Got the buffalo equivalent of platinums for the same price it would have cost me to see Florida in the purples.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I've been to maybe 10 games, a couple of which were preseason. A couple games in each of the ACC, Buffalo and Ottawa.

Their record is terrible in games I attend. Think they've only won one or two of them. One of the Ottawa games happened to be James Reimer's first NHL game, which he won, so that was kind of memorable.

It's been a few years though now though. I was planning to go once this season. I guess I need to get on that.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I went to the sharks and leafs in 2012. Leafs lost, what's new, but I remember jake gardiner scored with like 7 minutes left in the 3rd but that's all she wrote as the leafs lost 2-1 that night.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
How much are the cheapest tickets? And can you see this ice with these cheap tickets? I've been to ZERO games so far .. Lul

Once

Jul 16, 2010
I'm from the East Coast so the nearest games were Montreal/Boston. I never left the EC until I was 17 and I feared blow out losses with the previous regime, therefore I never wanted to see the Leafs play in Habs/Bruins buildings.

I was in Montreal last year and London currently. I was able to drive from Montreal to Toronto to see the Leafs beat the Pens in OT on Dec 17th, 2016. Never seen the old man jump so high in his life when Gardiner (who he hates) scored.

I just saw the Leafs/Bruins game Saturday with my lady. Both games are top 10 moments in my life so far.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I'd say between 20-25 lifetime. Two road games, one in Buffalo and one in Montreal, both losses. Three playoff games, all against Ottawa and all victories.

My buddy and I used to get reds every year from sales reps at this company we used to work at, they had seasons and gave them to us as a token of appreciation.

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
I have been to a couple games over 40 yrs ago. Sabers and Flyers. Leafs won both games iirc

Will be in BC from end of June-Nov.

Hoping to fly into Toronto start of November and catch a game or 2 if it all works out. I havent made any definite plans.
If they are playing out west at that time it might be easier.

So if ya see a good looking fella wearing an All Blacks jersey at a game come say G' day and bring beer. :naughty:

NikoPopp

Dec 19, 2013
Not sure. A bunch at the ACC. Lately I find it hard to justify the cost. I enjoy going.. not $200 worth of enjoyment though

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
been to a few dozen but not the same when your hosting clients.

2/3's of the games I'm "working". However, with a good client base the 1/3 remaining are a ton of fun!

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Several in Toronto and tons of Marlies games too. Not the Leafs but I got to see the Kings play in LA on a family trip to California against Detroit I believe it was.. Was cool to see Gretzky play but I really don't remember much of the game anymore

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Not nearly enough. I think it's 4 or 5. One at the Gardens back in the day was my first ever. Never forget that one, Red Wings. Funny what you remember through, " before puck drop, announcer gives the standard warning about flying pucks and fans should pay attention to the game play. Not even 10 seconds later, a fan gets nailed in the head and has to leave on a stretcher.

KnightsFan110

Apr 23, 2013
Since last year i've been to 15 games

11 last season (2 on the road)

5 this season (still have 3 more to attend)

The best part about these 15 i've been to?! I've only seen 2 games where the leafs did not get a point, the 7-3 loss to tampa at home last season, and the 3-2 loss to Columbus during the last home game of the season.

So in 15 games, I have seen 11 wins :D

I'm a stats nerd so going back to last season my record at games is 11-2-2, including 5-0-0 this season all at ACC.

I will say my most memorable game not from the last 2 seasons, I was at the game vs Ottawa in the lockout shortened season where McLaren KO'd that Ottawa player!

Last edited:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Not nearly enough. I think it's 4 or 5. One at the Gardens back in the day was my first ever. Never forget that one, Red Wings. Funny what you remember through, " before puck drop, announcer gives the standard warning about flying pucks and fans should pay attention to the game play. Not even 10 seconds later, a fan gets nailed in the head and has to leave on a stretcher.
I remember going to a game against the Sabres in February 2000 and had a puck coming towards me during the game. Next thing I remember is looking down and seeing puck at my feet, so I picked it up. I was sitting behind the Leafs net and this was before the protective netting was put in. It's the one and only game used puck I ever got and a few years later I got it signed by Darcy Tucker.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
I've seen a total of 12 Live games all in Ottawa. I have a winning record of 9-3-0. :)

Notable wins were the Playoff clinching game in 2012-13 and MayRay's spinorama shootout winner in 2013-14

The three losses were 2012-13 when Scrivens was playing. I remember people were pissed that he held onto the puck instead of keeping the play going with a minute to go. Of course Sens scored.

Loss two was a meaningless one during the tank year for Matthews. Thanks Sens.

The last was our 6-3 loss early this season.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
20 or so dating back to the mid 70s. I can't remember for sure but I don't think I've ever paid to see one.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
6 games:

Leafs vs. Black Hawks - pre-season game - Ottawa Civic Centre - Leafs won I believe, but, it was a long time ago (late 1960s' or early 1970s')
Leafs vs. Habs -regular season - 5-3 loss I believe
Leafs vs. Sens - pre-season game - Ottawa Civic Centre - Leafs won I believe
Leafs vs. Sens - regular season game - Scotia Bank Place - Leafs won 6-4???
N.Y.R. vs. Leafs - regular season - 5-2 loss
Leafs vs. Sabres - regular season - 6-1 loss

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad