Speculation: How is Jiri Hudler still available?

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I think he should go back to Calgary on a one year deal, 2M. He had his best success with Monahan and Gaudreau.

This would also allow the Flames to move Brouwer to the 2nd line with Bennet and effectively gives them 2 legit high powered scoring lines.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Hudler
Thachuk-Bennett-Brouwer

He's not a 2 million dollar player though.

Honestly a 4x4 contract is roughly what he is searching for I imagine

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I think he should go back to Calgary on a one year deal, 2M. He had his best success with Monahan and Gaudreau.

This would also allow the Flames to move Brouwer to the 2nd line with Bennet and effectively gives them 2 legit high powered scoring lines.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Hudler
Thachuk-Bennett-Brouwer

Why would he take 50% of what he just made while also being told he'd play on the first line?

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Why would he take 50% of what he just made while also being told he'd play on the first line?

His play last year hurt his value. Having a chance to play with the two guys that got him 75 points again could be a good way to get that value back up. If he doesn't get the offer he wants, it might be worth taking the chance.

Last edited:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
hopefully the Devils sign him, just for when we play the Pens

I want to see HHH vs HBK :popcorn:

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Jiri is supremely skilled but suffers from a lack of the two qualities the NHL craves right now - size and speed. He just isn't flashy and isn't a guy GMs are lining up for. He'll be productive somewhere for a team signing him as a Plan C or D.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Is tkachuck penciled in?
Depends who you ask. Personally I think many believe that since Monahan made the team in his draft year than Tkachuk will, but they fail to accept that Monahan had zero competition for that roster spot and Tkachuk does have competition. That said I think one of Tkachuk or Shinkaruk (or less likely one of Poirier, Klimchuk or Jankowski) will make the team. However I do believe that Tkachuk would be better served being sent back to London where he would be the top forward (I am assuming Marner makes the Leafs) and gain an awful lot of experience playing in that role.

If I remember correctly he was a late singing with the Flames when he signed his last UFA contract
He signed on July 2nd, so not first day but he really didn't wait either.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
If I read things correctly he's looking for some protection, ie he doesn't want to get traded or end up in LV. That being said, if I were him I'd sign a 1 year deal for as much money as I could. He'd be a UFA next July, the team he played for wouldn't have to protect him because his contact is expiring and there would be no way LV would waste a pick on a player they'd lose in a few weeks. Maybe he could even have a "gentleman's agreement" with the team for them to resign him to a 3 year deal at about 2.5 mil for after the expansion draft

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
I'd love to have this guy but our GM would need to trade some dead weight, so not going to happen. Apparently he'd rather have DD than Jiri Hudler.

OldGreatWestern

Aug 27, 2008
It's taking the hitman hired by Dean Lombardi longer than expected to 'take out' Brown and relieve the Kings of his contract.

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
I don't think he is slow.

He played last year with an injured groin that just didn't heal properly. I would expect he would be back to where he was before the injury - average speed.

However, he makes decisions at a pretty high-level. He passes well and that helps to make the team 'quicker', IMO.

He is one season removed from being a top point producer in the league, and that groin just messed everything up. I do think that high production was an anomaly, but he is definitely better than what he showed last year - as long as his groin holds up that is.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I don't think he is slow.

He played last year with an injured groin that just didn't heal properly. I would expect he would be back to where he was before the injury - average speed.

However, he makes decisions at a pretty high-level. He passes well and that helps to make the team 'quicker', IMO.

He is one season removed from being a top point producer in the league, and that groin just messed everything up. I do think that high production was an anomaly, but he is definitely better than what he showed last year - as long as his groin holds up that is.
His play definitely picked up just before leaving the flames. Even in Florida, where he didn't fit in, he was putting up lots of goals.

Slush

Jan 26, 2016
Calgary, Canada
He probably wants more money than he is worth. NHL teams are realizing that but he isn't. He is probably off to Europe at some point if he won't sign for less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad