Series Talk: How do we beat Boston in round 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Not even a guarantee we make the playoffs and if we do, there isn't a chance in hell we beat them if we keep playing like this. Everyone has checked out. Whatever little pride there is on this team to play for, its certainly not evident on the ice.

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
Anyone watch the Boston game tonight? They steamrolled the Islanders wow I think we’re gonna be gone pretty fast sorry to say There’s always next year Lol sad team hasn’t scored in two games against Nashville and way too many peoples excuses

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
How do we beat Boston in the first round? At this point it's gotta be crowbars. Lots and lots of crowbars.

Reactions: CDN24

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I can see it being somewhat similar to last season. We go down 3-1, except I think the series ends in 6 instead of 7 this time, hope I'm wrong though. Team is certainly more than talented enough to beat the Bruins in 5 or 6, just unlikely with how they play.

Oct 18, 2010
No one knows what will happen. They got destroyed in game 1 and 2 last year and still took it to 7. Bergeron misses game 4 and the Leafs still lose at home. The games were shockingly tight other than 1 and 2.

Do I think the Leafs will win? No but it's possible. Tavares in the playoffs for the Islanders was dominant. Matthews has the ability to get hot and score on almost every chance. If both of those happen they could do it.

Ultimately the team breaks down way to easily. We saw it tonight vs. the Preds. Leafs dominate the puck for 2 periods generate a couple of good chances but the puck goes the other way once and they get a grade A chance and score. And that was with the Leafs taking care of the puck for the most part which has been an issue since the injuries.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Anyone watch the Boston game tonight? They steamrolled the Islanders wow I think we’re gonna be gone pretty fast sorry to say There’s always next year Lol sad team hasn’t scored in two games against Nashville and way too many peoples excuses
Yeah I watched in later on nhl centre ice. Now I totally understand why we downloaded Martin. Martin who by the way is a strong guy who played in the GTHL. He is tough as nails. Well right off the start of game Chara is roughing up the Isles. He basically intimidated the Isles in their own building. Then to start 2nd period Martin calls out Chara like a real man should and Chara says bring it on. Then Chara rag dolls Martin like mule. Game over. Set and match. From that point onwards the Isles got totally demolished. I mean it was a complete and total beat down much worse then anything I have seen from Leafs past 5 games. I mean the Isles completely gave up. After watching that there is no chance to even try going after Chara. Best to let him do his thing and completely ignore him. If he starts to **** with our guys then Babs should instruct them to back off and retreat and not say a word. Chara has a right and wrong mental thing with him so hopefully he gets we are backing off and then goes lighter against us when he realizes there will be no push back. Personally it pains me to say this as a strategy but there is no chance to win any other way. The man is a beast of beasts. He sent a message to everyone in league last night.

Last edited by a moderator:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yeah I watched in later on nhl centre ice. Now I totally understand why we downloaded Martin. Martin who by the way is a strong guy who played in the GTHL. He is tough as nails. Well right off the start of game Chara is roughing up the Isles. He basically intimidated the Isles in their own building. Then to start 2nd period Martin calls out Chara like a real man should and Chara says bring it on. Then Chara rag dolls Martin like mule. Game over. Set and match. From that point onwards the Isles got totally demolished. I mean it was a complete and total beat down much worse then anything I have seen from Leafs past 5 games. I mean the Isles completely gave up. After watching that there is no chance to even try going after Chara. Best to let him do his thing and completely ignore him. If he starts to **** with our guys then Babs should instruct them to back off and retreat and not say a word. Chara has a right and wrong mental thing with him so hopefully he gets we are backing off and then goes lighter against us when he realizes there will be no push back. Personally it pains me to say this as a strategy but there is no chance to win any other way. The man is a beast of beasts. He sent a message to everyone in league last night.

:laugh: It's in the Teams DNA, no instruction will be needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Crysis

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
After watching that there is no chance to even try going after Chara. Best to let him do his thing and completely ignore him. If he starts to f*ck with our guys then Babs should instruct them to back off and retreat and not say a word. Chara has a right and wrong mental thing with him so hopefully he gets we are backing off and then goes lighter against us when he realizes there will be no push back.

Malone & Kronwall barely got dirty looks from the Leafs when they hit Dermott & Matthews from behind into the boards, so I don't expect anyone on the team to even make eye contact with Chara.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad