How did Espo look in his first Q game and would he be #1 in '06?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saumon

Oct 12, 2004
no he's not the son of phil or tony...

but he have a brother, johnny and somebody say that he is better than angelo...

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
quebec_nordiques said:
I was at the rempart game friday and tonight, and in the 2 last year i see sidney crosby play 8 time, and i can said that esposito at this time is better than crosby, he was more speedy and was a great playmaker, he score an awesome goal in pk tonight. In the 5 first game of the year he didnt have a real good winger, now he have radulov and in 1 week jordan lavallée will be back. Its just 2 game but i never seen in my life a guy more eplosive than him.
:shakehead Please,say you are kidding or give your head a shake.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
cagney said:
Toews also put up 100+ points as a 15 year old. Okposo put up 90+ as a 15 year old as well. Crosby put up nearly 160 in about 10 fewer games.

Then again, points aren't everything.

I'll be honest though; I'm shocked by the points Esposito is putting up so far. If he keeps it up all season I'd be amazed.

Toews did not put 100+ points as a 15 yr old at Shattuck St. Mary's. Neither did Okposo. At least they didn't playing prep hockey.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
HabLover said:
Toews did not put 100+ points as a 15 yr old at Shattuck St. Mary's. Neither did Okposo. At least they didn't playing prep hockey.

Yes, they did.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
cagney said:
Yes, they did.
No, i think you're wrong.Shattuck St. mary's has a bunch of different levels
of teams and I think he was on a level below the one Crosby played.
Crosby's record for a 15 year old -I'm pretty sure nobody has come close to that.
Esposito had approx. half the points of Crosby there.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
You're correct. Shattuck has around 4 or 5 different teams. Neither Toews or Espo put up Crosby like numbers on the "A" team at 15.

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
I can't find a link anywhere, but I did find a reference in an old e-mail to Toews' production at SSM in 2003-04. He was definitely on the "prep" team, SSM's top team, that year as a 15 year old (for the entire year). This was as of March 25, 2004, which probably doesn't include their last few games of the year. Up to that point, I noted these point totals:

Duncan 63 games 56-64-120
Toews 63 games 59-47-106

I was monitoring Ryan Duncan at the time because he was a North Dakota recruit, and I couldn't help but notice that Toews was exploding. (Duncan's not a prospect for this board, as he's 5-6, 142 pounds. He's also about three years older than Toews). Anyway, you can decide whether to believe me, but Toews definitely put up more than 100 points as a 15 year old on SSM's top team. Maybe a better question is why his goals total went down from his 15-y.o. season to his 16-y.o. season.

I'm pretty sure both Toews and Okposo were playing prep as 15 year olds. Here's the roster list for the team that year.

1 Caple Stephen
2 McBain Jamie
3 Dowzak Tysen
4 Chorney Taylor
5 Anderson Mark
6 Fredricks Jason
7 Genoway Chay
8 Okposo Kyle
9 Toews Jonathan
10 Gergen Michael
11 Miadenoff Chip
12 Mowbray Jordan
13 Miller Brad
14 Milo Justin
15 Erickson Jim
16 Eaves Tyler
21 Duncan Ryan
22 Deeth Kevin
27 Cooper Alex
30 Fisher Jeff

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
jake1 said:
I can't find a link anywhere, but I did find a reference in an old e-mail to Toews' production at SSM in 2003-04. He was definitely on the "prep" team, SSM's top team, that year as a 15 year old (for the entire year). This was as of March 25, 2004, which probably doesn't include their last few games of the year. Up to that point, I noted these point totals:

Duncan 63 games 56-64-120
Toews 63 games 59-47-106

I was monitoring Ryan Duncan at the time because he was a North Dakota recruit, and I couldn't help but notice that Toews was exploding. (Duncan's not a prospect for this board, as he's 5-6, 142 pounds. He's also about three years older than Toews). Anyway, you can decide whether to believe me, but Toews definitely put up more than 100 points as a 15 year old on SSM's top team. Maybe a better question is why his goals total went down from his 15-y.o. season to his 16-y.o. season.

Im fairly certain he played on the U16 team not the Prep league team.

I went to the Shattuck website and they dont have an archive.

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
OK, Try this. This is USHR's review of SSM from October, 2003. They watched the prep team, and this is what they said:

http://www.ushr.com/view/news/?date=20031001

10/8/03

Shattuck Impressive at Marquette

This season, Shattuck-St. Mary's doesn't have that one super-skilled top-end kid -- think Zach Parise or Sidney Crosby -- they've boasted in recent years, but they do have depth, and several potential future stars, as they showed at the Marquette Electricians Midget AAA Tournament, held Sept. 25-28 on the shores of Lake Superior. More significantly, with four '88s, five '87s, seven '86s, and only two '85s, they are a young team. That, along with their skill, will enable them to grow and improve over the course of the season. That's not to say they're not doing fine so far -- they're 11-1-1 and that includes winning the Electricians Tournament, where they edged HoneyBaked, 3-2, in OT.

In looking at Shattuck, let's start with 5'8" center Ryan Duncan, an '85 from Calgary who, game in and game out, was the most complete offensive player on his team. Duncan was voted the tournament's most valuable offensive player.

But this team is deep. Everyone can play. Notables included:

5'10" center Tyler Eaves, an '86 and younger cousin of BC's Ben and Patrick. Eaves works his tail off, pursues the puck, and, in general, makes things happen.

5'8" center Kevin Deeth, an '87 and a native of Gig Harbor, Wash., has excellent hands and is dangerous around the net.

5'11" defenseman Taylor Chorney, an '87 and an 11th grader from Hastings, Minn., is the son of Marc Chorney, ex-North Dakota and NHL defenseman, The younger Chorney is Shattuck's most-complete prospect on defense, showing great agility and moving the puck adroitly. Chorney is a high-end kid who was invited in July to the NTDP, but declined.

Annother top prospect on D -- and the one with major upside if he continues working on his game -- is just an '88. That's 6'5", 225 defenseman Tyson Dowzak, who moves well for his size, has good stick skills, and shows a willingness to use his head.

Up front, 6'0" Jonathan Toews, an '88 and the top bantam in Manitoba last season, also has star potential and is already averaging a point a game. Toews was the #1 overall pick in the WHL draft last spring, by Tri-Cities.

Yet another future star is '88 forward Kyle Okposo of St. Paul, Minn., who plays more of a power forward role. He, like Dowzak, is still getting comfortable playing at this level, but could be a force before too long.

quebec_nordiques

Sep 8, 2005
Quebec City
saumon said:
no he's not the son of phil or tony...

but he have a brother, johnny and somebody say that he is better than angelo...

I have saw his brother John Jr. at the quebec international pee-wee tournament last winter and he was from far the greatest attraction of the tournament.

Transported Upstater

quebec_nordiques said:
I have saw his brother John Jr. at the quebec international pee-wee tournament last winter and he was from far the greatest attraction of the tournament.

Haven't seen the kid...I would be interested to see how he compares with his brother (albeit the age difference is so large that it may not be relevant...)

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I've checked the results for S-SM games every week they've played for the past three years. I assure you I know which teams the top players played on and what kind of statistics they put up.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
HabLover said:
No they didn't.

Yes they played prep, but not 100 pts, maybe Toews, but definitely not Okposo.

You. Are. Wrong.

The stats jake1 has listed for Toews above are correct. I believe Okposo had between 87 and 99 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad