How did Espo look in his first Q game and would he be #1 in '06?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
He's been really good in the 1st and 2nd and played less in the 3rd. He was playing with Kenzie Sheppard and Max Gratchev. Espo was trying to do all by himself on the ice and he'll be better with good linemates.

It's just 1 game, but if I compare the 1 game with those of Kessel or Frolik, he's not in the same league than them IMO.

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
I was there at the game last night,
You can see the kid have some talent but like someone said earlier he was trying do it by himself, but globaly he didn't impress me at all. He does have some wheels and some great move but his shot didn't impress me.
It one game but i don't see him being pick in the top10 of his draft year.
OTH Max Gratchev impress me, he's a speedy player.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Cayouche5 said:
I was there at the game last night,
You can see the kid have some talent but like someone said earlier he was trying do it by himself, but globaly he didn't impress me at all. He does have some wheels and some great move but his shot didn't impress me.
It one game but i don't see him being pick in the top10 of his draft year.
OTH Max Gratchev impress me, he's a speedy player.

How has he been lately?

Looks like he's lighting it up!

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Cariboux said:
He's been really good in the 1st and 2nd and played less in the 3rd. He was playing with Kenzie Sheppard and Max Gratchev. Espo was trying to do all by himself on the ice and he'll be better with good linemates.

It's just 1 game, but if I compare the 1 game with those of Kessel or Frolik, he's not in the same league than them IMO.

IMO you can enter 3 Esposito in 1 Crosby
Haha.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Pretty good start, 6 pts in 4 games. That's impressiv for any 16 year old, here's hoping he doesn't tail off near the end of the season. On a side note, Brassard has been tearing it up lately (and that's without his linemate Latendresse) and is tops in league scoring with 12 points in 6 games. If he keeps this up, I think he may sneak into the first round.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Leachmeister2000 said:
Pretty good start, 6 pts in 4 games. That's impressiv for any 16 year old, here's hoping he doesn't tail off near the end of the season. On a side note, Brassard has been tearing it up lately (and that's without his linemate Latendresse) and is tops in league scoring with 12 points in 6 games. If he keeps this up, I think he may sneak into the first round.
Brassard was awesome last year... I was thinking he was better than Latendresse.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Cariboux said:

considering Kessel is almost 2 years older than Esposito and Frolik over a year...that is alot of time for Hockey development. IMO if Esposito was in this draft he would be up there for 1st overall wtih Kessel IMO.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
scoutman1 said:
considering Kessel is almost 2 years older than Esposito and Frolik over a year...that is alot of time for Hockey development. IMO if Esposito was in this draft he would be up there for 1st overall wtih Kessel IMO.

Esposito is one year and four months younger than Kessel. From what I've heard he could end up being very good but you can't compare him to Kessel. Not yet.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Was at the Colisée Pepsi yesterday against the Fog Devil

2 goals and 1 assist First Star

was everywhere on the ice, man can he skate!!! wow He has great hands and good vision but is skating his what you see first.

Played with Radulov and Gratchev even strength and with Radulov and Sheppard on the PP. Him and Radulov were awsome that game, they allready seems to have great chemestry.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
He is widley regarded as the top 1989 born player and if he were elligible for the 06 draft, he would be a shoe in for a top five selection.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
He is the top 89 born player, he is a Andrew Cogliano type of player with smoother hands and better passing and vision, plus add the fact he is alot bigger than Cogliano. IMO if he was in the 2006 draft he would be IMO a top 3 selection giving Kessel a run for top spot...people who say that he is not even 1st over his draft is just people who have not seen him play or have a hate on for him because of him saying he was going NCAA then going to Quebec (but almost all players do it and he is the only one who takes the heat for him)

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
scoutman1 said:
IMO if he was in the 2006 draft he would be IMO a top 3 selection giving Kessel a run for top spot.

I think you're sellling the '06 draftees short.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
cagney said:
I think you're sellling the '06 draftees short.

Not at all, scoutman is right on the money in his assessment of Esposito's worth. In terms of progression, Angelo is everybit as good as any of the consensus top five picks for the 06 draft were at the same stage that he is at now.

Trust me folks, we have a real good one here!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
1 game in the Q there is no way you can tell if he's a #1 pick

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
2 goals and 2 assists and the game isn't even over yet, IMO this kid might not be the next Crosby, but I think he will be one of the next great prospects in the CHL like a Lecavalier, Thornton, Jason Spezza. I would put him in that type of company.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
16 points in 7 games so far....not far off Crosby's pace. Difference is.....8 of those are goals. Espo is more comparable to Daigle then Crosby is. I am not saying Espo will be a bust or anything....he looks to me like a star in the making. This is what the NHL needs....a group of stars comming into the NHL.

Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, Kessel, Frolik, Espo, Tavaras, Anthony

Last edited:

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
He tries to do too much on his own but he has incredible talent.

He had 10 shots on Firday night.

Tonight him and Radulov are going off.

Espo is also PKing and has 2 shorties so far.

Angelo now has 9 pts in his last 2 games. Incredible for anyone, let alone a 16 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia