Hope everyone made it home safe.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Mid day report: 58 confirmed dead. 500+ injured.

Las Vegas Blvd (south end) now open to Russel Rd. (Russel to Charleston still closed)

Still may not be able to get off I15 on some streets.

Sobering.

Reactions: HanSolo

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Such a sickening event. Be strong Vegas.
f***. I don't feel strong.

I feel like a lot of us are luckiest bastards in the world that the Knights game wasn't the biggest event in town last night and I feel like a piece of shit that I'm glad it wasn't.

This is messed up.

Still missing one friend that absolutely nobody knows the whereabouts for, but we're pretty sure we'd know if he was going to a concert.

ETA: Moron friend is okay. Now I move on to the regretting my overreaction portion of this thing.

Last edited:

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
****. I don't feel strong.

I feel like a lot of us are luckiest bastards in the world that the Knights game wasn't the biggest event in town last night and I feel like a piece of **** that I'm glad it wasn't.

This is messed up.

Still missing one friend that absolutely nobody knows the whereabouts for, but we're pretty sure we'd know if he was going to a concert.

ETA: Moron friend is okay. Now I move on to the regretting my overreaction portion of this thing.
Glad to hear your friend is okay.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
****. I don't feel strong.

I feel like a lot of us are luckiest bastards in the world that the Knights game wasn't the biggest event in town last night and I feel like a piece of **** that I'm glad it wasn't.

This is messed up.

Yeah, T-Mobile was as far south as I went, but still thankful that I was already out of the Strip. Had News3 (local NBC) on earlier when a psychiatrist said just watching endless news can be emotionally distressing, so I turned that shit off and I'm distracting myself with stuff like watching an excellent magic act that did happen in Las Vegas:

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I agree. But there will need to be some measures taken for before and after events.
**** happened at the O2 arena in Manchester. **** happened in Edmonton in the proximity of the Commonwealth stadium.
I don't know how you could prevent this from happening again other than putting sensors on hotel windows and sending the police anytime the sensors detect a break or something.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Last edited:

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
My girlfriend and I were there about 30 feet from the stage. It’s absolutely surreal to think about the events that unfolded last night. My girlfriend and I are extremely blessed to be safe at home with no injuries considering we were right in the middle of everything and people close in proximity to us were not so fortunate. I never thought I would ever go through something like that. My prayers go out to everyone affected by this tragedy.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Glad you guys are all safe and everyone you know. It's crazy that it's been 22 hours since I started watching the live stream as the shootings were happening. Crazy world we live in! I just wanna watch hockey, save the killings for the video games.

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
Amazing how quickly "important" things can shrink in the face of raw mortality. This is terrorism, no matter what the loaded political implications of the word are now, no matter what the facts on the ground end up being. Arbitrary slaughter as a vehicle to freeze people in fear from living their lives, it's absolutely despicable, and I hope it won't work.
I passed by a lot of people who seemed to be heading to the concert as I was leaving [SUPER SEKRIT PARKING SPOT REDACTED], right near the concert. It's one of those gut-wrenching feelings: there but for the grace of God go we all, ask not for whom the bell tolls... pick your favorite adage.
Praying for everyone affected and those working to help same.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
If you live in Vegas, prayers won’t help. Go get in a blood donation line!

I’m skipping work tomorrow to get blood taken even though I hate blood draws more than anything in the world.

Lots of respect for this. Nice.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
absolutely turns my stomach to think this could happen in any part of the world. my deepest sympathies to you guys, and prayers go out to the victims their friends and their families.

And yes, blood donation is even better than thoughts and prayers.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Very proud of the city of Las Vegas. Blood banks are full past capacity and there are still people who camp out over night willing to stay as long as it takes to be able to contribute. When this happened I felt helpless because I felt there was nothing I could do for the victims two states away. But even if I couldn't physically contribute, the Las Vegas community has come together in overwhelming numbers to help this city and the victims heal. Thankfully Sisolak set up the gofundme drive which allowed me to help in some small way.

But to my fellow Vegas brothers and sisters here who have gone out to donate supplies and blood, I give you my personal thanks for doing what I could not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad