Confirmed with Link: Holy Crap, They Actually Make a Move! (Guentzel and Ty Smith to Carolina for Bunting + Ponomaryov + Koivunen + Lucius + Conditional 2024 2nd)

ikyan

Apr 29, 2014
Kingston
If you guys liked Ray Whitney, you will like Jake Guentzel. Closest comparable I can think of, even though Guentzel gets more goals in high danger areas and Whitney was a better skater.

The guy has less physical ability than an average IT worker and yet his hockey IQ is so high that he's a borderline top 10 winger in the game.

He will age like a fine wine and I wouldn't be scared of giving him term.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
If you guys liked Ray Whitney, you will like Jake Guentzel. Closest comparable I can think of, even though Guentzel gets more goals in high danger areas and Whitney was a better skater.

The guy has less physical ability than an average IT worker and yet his hockey IQ is so high that he's a borderline top 10 winger in the game.

He will age like a fine wine and I wouldn't be scared of giving him term.

However true this ends up being, I love this description lol.

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
I know this isn't the meme thread but based on how today has gone I feel this is appropriate.

i-never-doubted-the-don-v0-3xkdkal660nc1.jpeg

Shoofyou10

Apr 30, 2009
The Burgh
Guentzel might get 6, but I can't see anyone giving him 7. Big risk there since he's lived next to 87
I don’t know if there is a narrative that Sid made Jake but that isn’t true. Jake helps Sid almost as much and Jake’s a point per game player without Sid in the lineup. He’s a great goal scorer and passer. And such a smart offensive player. He will be just fine without Sid. You guys will love him. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t get 7 years

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
That’s hilarious….

Of course the tsn videos and so many twitter posts make it clear it’s all but a done deal….

And guys are just as much of a gossip and grapevine as the insiders…they hear it all even if we don’t know the details yet…

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
The NHL is such a joke with these trades. Every other league you find out the return in less than 10 minutes. This league? Hours.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
No extension

I expect this trade to not be a rental in the end (similar to how Vegas does business), but let's see how he fits before the big bucks. I have no problem with that.

The NHL is such a joke with these trades. Every other league you find out the return in less than 10 minutes. This league? Hours.

That's not true at all. NBA trades often take days, not hours, for the details to hash out.

Reactions: Daeavorn

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
I expect this trade to not be a rental in the end (similar to how Vegas does business), but let's see how he fits before the big bucks. I have no problem with that.

That's not true at all. NBA trades often take days, not hours, for the details to hash out.
Not really. NBA trades have Woj and Shams reporting the return within minutes.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I know most of you have seen Jake Guentzel, but I think that if you are expecting him to be a product of Crosby you are about to be in for a surprise.

Highest IQ player on the Penguins. No natural skills. All brain.

Dude will fight for the front of the net. Great goal scorer. Great passer.

Perfect addition for the Canes. He's going to be great for you guys wherever you play him.

Power play is his weakness. But I think with your unit he'll be fine in the bumper role.

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
If the trade call hasn’t happened yet then there isn’t a trade to actually share the details about…

As soon as it is officially called in I have no doubt every insider out there will get a screenshot of the trade paperwork texted to them from their source in the league office and it will be on social media 30 seconds later…. If the agents don’t text them first…

ElmCityGuy

Apr 20, 2023
I know most of you have seen Jake Guentzel, but I think that if you are expecting him to be a product of Crosby you are about to be in for a surprise.

Highest IQ player on the Penguins. No natural skills. All brain.

Dude will fight for the front of the net. Great goal scorer. Great passer.

Perfect addition for the Canes. He's going to be great for you guys wherever you play him.

Power play is his weakness. But I think with your unit he'll be fine in the bumper role.
WLOU

We like our unit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad