Confirmed with Link: Holy Crap, They Actually Make a Move! (Guentzel and Ty Smith to Carolina for Bunting + Ponomaryov + Koivunen + Lucius + Conditional 2024 2nd)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Again, I didn’t have any skin in the RF being the best Hurricane of all time conversation. SvechH said something about the past before 97 not mattering and I replied to that aspect only. I don’t have the bandwidth today for that argument!
You're not to blame. Once the word "Francis" was typed on this forum, the Bleed-signal went up and you had no choice to respond. It's like when people try to draw up a lineup where they put Staal on the 4th line. I just can't help myself but to respond.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
You're not to blame. Once the word "Francis" was typed on this forum, the Bleed-signal went up and you had no choice to respond. It's like when people try to draw up a lineup where they put Staal on the 4th line. I just can't help myself but to respond.
I didnt even think the post I responded to had his name! I’ll have to go back and read all this, I saw someone make a quick remark completely omitting the Whalers history and I responded to that. If anything it was my Whaler bat signal not my Francis specific one! I can’t keep up with them all either. I either hadn’t noticed or hadn’t cared about the RF comments. Still don’t. I don’t care who “y’all”‘would vote for. No ones particular vote would be a surprise and it’s not like arguing about such a topic would lead to someone changing their vote.

Anyways, again my point was only it doesn’t make sense to me….or most fans out there I think….that we’re just lopping off the first twenty whatever years of the teams existence. I live in a city that has someone else’s team and they celebrate the history. No one argues about this or tries to diminish anything Quebec. It’s pretty much just an on this board thing in my life. When they talk about stats in game they differentiate before and after but the big records all are about the teams combined. With zero complaints.

Last edited:

JustPenalties

Jan 17, 2024
From a Pens beat writer for the Athletic:

“From everything I’ve heard, Jake is happy in Raleigh and excited about a potential Stanley Cup run. But he’s not planning on signing a contract anytime soon. I think he wants to head to July 1 as a free agent. Who could blame him?”

Lends some credence to the rumor he wanted to get to 7/1 all along. I think the Canes still try their best to re-sign him, but won’t be surprised at all if he hits ufa.

Seems like it’d be smart to try and get some deals done in the few weeks leading up to the playoffs, but I doubt they will and also doubt the players want that distraction.
Lets hope Guentzel signs with Carolina and/or Carolina wins the Cup. If neither of those happens the price for a rental is really high. Btw Ville Koivunen just scored a hat trick in the finnish league playoffs tonight... Just saying..

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Or the forward who played one shift, got hit and then had to retire due to concussion history.
Pretty sure you’re talking about Ondrej Kase but he played 20 shifts. Iirc, there was no one big hit that anyone could point to as the cause. Believe he finished the game and then we heard afterwards he was out. Course, when you’ve had your brain rattled as many times as him it probably doesn’t take much.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00