Rumor: Holland won't be big game hunting on defense.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Next summer a top defenceman or goaltender coming to Edmonton. Home of the Elks
I hate that name... Elks. ugh.
So many good names to choose from but the club insisted that the name must start with an E.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
people keep saying this but edmonton has been able to sign UFAs (e.g., schultz, lucic, sekera, barrie). i honestly wished UFAs didn't choose edmonton, the oilers would probably be well off
None of those you named were really high profile UFAs, Lucic was probably the biggest fish

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
It's awkward to have a right side D group with no good defenders but the best thing the Oilers can do is take their lumps and re-assess at the deadline, likely picking up a shutdown RD at that point.

Right now the RD pickings making it to UFA are going to be very overpriced, it's such a slim market. The Oilers will make the playoffs without addressing that, and this gives them a chance to see more of what Bear and Bouchard can do. Some teams will be selling off in February and they'll get what they need then.
I think they need to address it this summer.
That roster is not good enough to be pencilled in for the playoffs.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
It's awkward to have a right side D group with no good defenders but the best thing the Oilers can do is take their lumps and re-assess at the deadline, likely picking up a shutdown RD at that point.

Right now the RD pickings making it to UFA are going to be very overpriced, it's such a slim market. The Oilers will make the playoffs without addressing that, and this gives them a chance to see more of what Bear and Bouchard can do. Some teams will be selling off in February and they'll get what they need then.
Kris Russell says HEY!! I resent that!

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I can see Holland picking up a relatively cheap RHS veteran like Cody Ceci.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
His success in Detroit had nothing to do with him.
Built a new team that won the cup in 2008. I think he had all his part in their success.
Also with trades and signings before.

Did he have several corner pieces already? Yes.
But corner pieces alone don't win the Cup.
If it did, Ray Bourque would have won some cups in Boston.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
After seeing what Columbus got for Seth Jones I’m happy to hear this.

Boqvist, 2 1st’s a 2nd already Jake Bean for Jones and 32pick. Dear god these GM’s today should have laid off the sauce.

Reactions: North Cole

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Good ole' Kenny, loses Larsson gets a 38 year old who's best days are behind him and now calls it quits.

McDavid just cringes.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Well to be honest I don't think he can Big game hunt as none of them want to come here. We have Nurse to pay anyways. The player here is Hamonic, especially since the Canucks are going to be cap crunched. Sign him before they can move Schmidt.

Nurse Barrie
Keith Hamonic(2.75-3.25x3)
Lagesson Bouchard

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Yeah, he's adding Zach Hyman on a 6M deal. He doesn't have room to go big game hunting. He will drop Hyman to defense though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad