McKenzie: Holland Listening to Offers on Andreas Athanasiou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf The Habs Fan

Oct 29, 2012
Québec
I love Galchenyuk but his value is decreasing....Im really pissed we are playing him on the fourth line. I want him on the right side of Drouin now they decided he is not a center

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Maybe I know he plays good with Crosby and Guentzel . hasn't he been pushed down lately to the 3rd line
The pens 3rd line has 2nd line wingers in Sheary and Hornqvist. Theoretically first liners because both can play with Sid.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
True I guess just figured they might not be happy with him for some reason ?
Not playing amazing but is playing good for a 3rd line role. He can’t really play with Malkin so he’s either with Sid or 3rd line.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
A trade for a similar age and talent forward is pretty pointless. A LHD prospect would probably be the best fit for the team. Maybe something around Jake Bean for AA could be a fit for both teams.

I don't want to move AA, but if this goes on for a couple of months, Detroit might not have much of a choice. This is just absurd from AA at this point.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Would you guys do something like
-Charlie Lindgren
-De larose or McCaron(Hometown boy)
-Maybe a guy like Lernout or a second pick
For
Athanasiou

why ?
You get your futur number 1 goalie. You'll be able to trade Howard for good assets.
You get a hometown boy who still have a good potentiel to be a third liner player. He's big. Try to develop him to a prototype like Franzen.
And you get a legit 5th D who can easily become a 4th D.
De larose is the kind of player that wings love. I think this kid have a good potentiel... Forsberg already said it. He got a good shot, good skating, and a good back check guy.
+
Red wings can't receive a big salary and no one of these guys have a big contract.
What do you think guys ?

Way too much to give up for a guy who doesn't have a contract and doesn't want to re-sign with Detroit.
Lindgren is off the table for a guy like AA.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
A trade for a similar age and talent forward is pretty pointless. A LHD prospect would probably be the best fit for the team. Maybe something around Jake Bean for AA could be a fit for both teams.

I don't want to move AA, but if this goes on for a couple of months, Detroit might not have much of a choice. This is just absurd from AA at this point.
Jake Bean is a pretty crazy ask for AA, IMO.

I was expecting a roster player + 3rd or a prospect like Morin.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Galchenyuk
McCarron
Streit

for

Tatar
Athanasiou
Ottawa's 2nd round pick

Does this work for Detroit?

I think the Habs would add some speed and maybe get something going.

Pacioretty Drouin Gallagher
Tatar Danault Athanasiou
Hudon Plekanec Lehkonen
Byron De La Rose Shaw
Hemsky Mitchell

Last edited:

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I already know it's going to be aa + pick for Galchenyuk. Enjoy Detroit you just got a great player that is only 23 and just needs to be trusted and well surrounded. He can easily become a 35-35 guy with average/decent defensive skills.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I already know it's going to be aa + pick for Galchenyuk. Enjoy Detroit you just got a great player that is only 23 and just needs to be trusted and well surrounded. He can easily become a 35-35 guy with average/decent defensive skills.
I think it's more likely going to just be AA for Galchenyuk straight up. Detroit and its fans are going to laugh like never before once they see Galchenyuk thrive like crazy.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Lol omg I just thought of something really horrible, but now I'm thinking this may actually happen...

AA + Abdelkader (lmao) for Galchenyuk + pick. Ewwwwww!

"You know, we got better as a team. We have more grit, more leadership. I think we got a lot better with offense - I mean we got 2 player instead of just one." - Marc Bergevin, 10/12/2017

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Lol omg I just thought of something really horrible, but now I'm thinking this may actually happen...

AA + Abdelkader (lmao) for Galchenyuk + pick. Ewwwwww!

"You know, we got better as a team. We have more grit, more leadership. I think we got a lot better with offense - I mean we got 2 player instead of just one." - Marc Bergevin, 10/12/2017
Well, trades are hard

Reactions: La Fierte du Quebec
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad