Backstrom
Mueller
Rask
Parent
Kessel
Radulov
Barker
Toews

Are probably the top-10, in no particular order.

GSK*

EJ is so overhyped.

Backstrom
Toews
JJ
Rask
EJ
Barker
Mueller
Toews
Parent
O'Sullivan (even if he don't deserve it)

veronesepk

Feb 11, 2005
How could Parent not be a top 50 prospect? Seriously.

If that happens, I'll have some grave doubts about the HF scouting staff.

Parent has had a massive surge in popularity since the Forsberg trade. Prior to the trade, he was FAR behind Cody Franson in the eyes of the Predators organization. Changing teams should not make that big of a deal.

And with the converse - if Ryan Parent IS in the top 10, I'll lose a lot of faith in the HF scouting staff (oh, wait, did I ever have much faith in them to begin with...?).

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
New HF Gospel: If a Top 50 prospects list reaches 5 pages that quickly, it's because of an Habs prospect.

As for the list... I'd love to have Boyd on my team, but 19? Giroux over Brassard? Meh.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Parent has had a massive surge in popularity since the Forsberg trade. Prior to the trade, he was FAR behind Cody Franson in the eyes of the Predators organization. Changing teams should not make that big of a deal.

And with the converse - if Ryan Parent IS in the top 10, I'll lose a lot of faith in the HF scouting staff (oh, wait, did I ever have much faith in them to begin with...?).

Doesn't make a lick of difference to me; I'm a Penguins fan, and I've always thought highly of Parent's game. Both being 19, and having seen them both extensively at the WJCs, I'd take Parent over Franson without a second thought.

What possible qualms could you have with Parent? Any time i've seen him, he's been virtually without fault in his own end, and neutralizing players like Malkin.

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
Considering he wasn't even on last year's top 50 list, it's certainly possible. Frankly, I don't see what he's done to leap frog nearly every prospect on that list, either.

I see your point, it is unlikely that he jumped everyone, HF just doensn't work that way. I also don't think he's in anyway a top 10 prospect.

At the same time, he's a tremendous defender with great skating that is a much better bet to make it in the NHL than most. Like Staal, he's as much of a sure thing as you'll come by in the world of prospects. I don't understand how he isn't in the top 50. I'd certainly take him over Coburn, who is right in the middle of the list.

stazza18

Jul 14, 2005
Doesn't make a lick of difference to me; I'm a Penguins fan, and I've always thought highly of Parent's game. Both being 19, and having seen them both extensively at the WJCs, I'd take Parent over Franson without a second thought.

What possible qualms could you have with Parent? Any time i've seen him, he's been virtually without fault in his own end, and neutralizing players like Malkin.

While I haven't gotten much of a chance to see the players with my own eyes, I thought that Parent went to the top of the Flyers prospect list. And while I'm not sure he doesn't belong in the top ten, I'm pretty sure he should be at least an honorable mention. I also doubt becoming a Flyers prospect would be the thing to propel him into the list. Is it that much of a reach for his play to propel him into the list? Again, I don't get to see much being in Philly.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Why cry? I 've always hated M-A Fleury, this only made me hate him more.

So USA won a gold medal, big woop.

Just saying that Fleury is to blame for losing that game.

I just find it pathetic that Canadians will never, ever give the US credit for winning that game. Instead, it was their goalie who lost it for them.

Just unreal!

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
So, all and all, prospect like Mueller, Parent, Rask, Barker, O'sullivan and Schremp will not be in the top-50 list, not even in the HM. I can't understand that at all.

Also, Varlamov out of this list is also mind bogging .

All in all, I don't really like this list.

veronesepk

Feb 11, 2005

That's fine and dandy, but by placing him in the top 10, they are making a statement that he is better than Marc Staal (#13 on the list), and I honestly don't think that situation resembles anything close to reality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad