Hockey's Future Top 50 prospects Spring 2007: 11-25

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Honestly, I'm shocked by these rankings. Giroux at 21? I thought he'd be a borderline top 50 prospect and I don't see how he deserves to be ahead of someone like Brassard.

Also, I don't see Ryan Parent on this list, so I guess that means he's in the top 10. I like him a lot, but I'm not sure he deserves to be ahead of Staal.

I think HF is going to take a lot of flack for this list, but people need to remember it's all in good fun.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
It's always been in 3 parts: 26-50, 11-25, 1-10.

BTW - Downie is 18, so someone missed badly there. Then again, Marek Schwarz is 23 and I said he wouldn't be in the top 25, so :blush:

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
again, I feel price is too low but at least I wont hear anymore NYR fans claim that montoya is judged unfair by hf staff..

and like I said those list were pretty inaccurate in the past , so somehow, i'm happy that price is ranked outside the top 10 .. it might also stop other team fans to stop saying that the habs are favoured by hockeysfuture!

Oh and I expect Maxwell, White & Kosty kid to be all in the top 10 :naughty: :sarcasm: I kid, I kid...

stazza18

Jul 14, 2005
Wow, would be cool if Flyers had 3 guys in top 25 after looking at their horrendous team ranking all year.:yo:

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
again, I feel price is too low but at least I wont hear anymore NYR fans claim that montoya is judged unfair by hf staff..

it was posters, not staff, that we where annoyed with :).

Though I have to say that I'm suprised to see Montoya above Harding.

Parent's situations confuses me. I just don't see him as a top 10 overall prospect, but at the same time I don't understand how he couldn't be on the list at all.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
So either Bryan Little is in the top 10, or he didnt even make the "missed the cut" list of the top 50.

always judge from previous hf ranking and you can have a nice picture of this ranking..

so since he was not in the last ranking .. i dont think he'll be in the top 10

stazza18

Jul 14, 2005
Parent's situations confuses me. I just don't see him as a top 10 overall prospect, but at the same time I don't understand how he couldn't be on the list at all.

Thats exactly where I was. I'm surprised he's in top ten but will be extremely surprised if he didn't even make honorable mention.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Franson at 15 is really high... Considering where Letang went and that he's actually above Steve Downie and Carey Price.

Can Gilbert Brulé still make it?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
always judge from previous hf ranking and you can have a nice picture of this ranking..

so since he was not in the last ranking .. i dont think he'll be in the top 10

Well, that would be rediculous IMO, especially with some of the players at the back end of the top 50, and considering some of the players listed in missing the cut.

I don't think that Bryan Little is a top 10 prospect, but I'm not sure to many people here would disagree with him not being a top 50 prospect quite easily.

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
Thats exactly where I was. I'm surprised he's in top ten but will be extremely surprised if he didn't even make honorable mention.

he's gotta be in the top 10, there's no way he'd be left off. And yet, I just don't see how he's one of the top 10 propects in all of hockey. 25-11 is where I would have expected him to fall.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Let's see...

EJ,JJ,Kessel,Backstrom,Radulov and Parent.

Kopitar, ... Malkin (!?), Matt Carle, and ... who? Gilbert Brule?

Genghis Keon

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
Honestly, I'm shocked by these rankings. Giroux at 21? I thought he'd be a borderline top 50 prospect and I don't see how he deserves to be ahead of someone like Brassard.

Also, I don't see Ryan Parent on this list, so I guess that means he's in the top 10. I like him a lot, but I'm not sure he deserves to be ahead of Staal.

I think HF is going to take a lot of flack for this list, but people need to remember it's all in good fun.

Exactly. And it's not like a player's ranking changes him in anyway: he's still the exact same player, whether he's ranked 1st, 50th, or not even listed. Like in the case of Parent, he's still the same player whether he is in fact in the top 10 (which many would probably argue is too high) or if he's been overlooked entirely (which many would probably think curious): a #8 ranked (or whatever) Ryan Parent is no better than an unranked Ryan Parent, and an unranked Ryan Parent is no worse than a #8 ranked Ryan Parent. So while debate is obviously perfectly fine and expected, there's no reason/point for anyone to get up in arms about any of the selections or take them for gospel and feel slighted when "their" prospect isn't where they'd like them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad