Hockey's Future Top 50 Prospects Fall 2006: 11-25

Venom_17

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Teams with 3:
Kings (Tukonen-40, Kopitar-14, O'Sullivan)
Ducks (Perry-30, Ryan-13, Getzlaugh)
Canes (Ladd-28, Ward, J. Johnson)
Caps (Semin, Backstrom, Fehr-48)
Bruins (Rask-26, Toivonen-16, Kessel-15)

Teams with 0:
Buffalo
Calgary
Dallas
Philadelphia
Tampa Bay

Judging by the ranking of the already known Kings and Ducks players, Getzlaugh will be 3 and O'Sullivan will be 4. :)

According to a writer on the Kings' board....O'Sullivan is not on the list at all!

NashisCash

Jan 25, 2006
Peterboreough
I wouldn't even have Cam Barker on the top 50 list, let alone almost in the top ten and ahead of Staal, Bourdon and Carle.

I also don't see what Bobby Ryan and Jordan Staal have done to be so high, except be drafted as the 2nd overall pick.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Lehtonen is still a prospect, he's about 3 games away from graduating. Him, Semin and Ward will likely graduate by february.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I'm very surprised to see Toews and Staal so low. Kessel, Kopitar, a bit high IMO.

Backstrom and Semin in top 10- NICE.

kappa44

Jul 26, 2006
If O'Sullivan is not ranked in the top 50 then there is soemthing wrong with whoever is making this list.

And out of curiousity, is Backstrom THAT much better then Kessel at this point. Lets say you were in a hockey pool and had the first pick overall, would you take Backstrom,Kessel or Staal?? To me its a tough choice, Staal playing with Crosby/Malkin,Kessel already signed and will play for Boston, and Backstrom the obvious center for Oveckhin, with only points counting, who is the obvious choice?

bullkirk

May 13, 2006
Come on,Toews 19 and Skille dont appear in that list...ah,and i put wolski 15 not 12

Mr_Jones*

I will be very disappointed if Setoguchi does not make the top 10.
What do you mean if?

Some people need brainscans if they think Brian Lee, Devon Setoguchi, or [insert your favorite prospect here] are making the top 10. Exactly which of these players aren't going to be in the top 50:
Backstrom
Brule
Getzlaf
E. Johnson
J. Johnson
Lehtonen
Malkin
O'Sullivan
Semin
Ward

Last edited by a moderator:

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Thats interesting... Leclaire still is considered a prospect and Latendresse cannot be in tehe top 10, yet he isnt on the list even though hes considered Montreal's top prospect. But i am aware that he is considered Montreals top prospect, just cause hes "King Latendresse" and hes the "Quebec born Messiah". Also the fact the media is pushing for Gainey to put him on the team AND the HABS lack size up front.

I am not that convinced. During the two camps he attended to as a 18 and 19 year old, he provided more skills than any other forward prospect you can name... plus he isn't affraid of the traffic. I think you should refer to the CSB ranking a year before the 2005 draft where Latendresse was listed in the top 5 prospects of the draft. He is back to that point IMO, plus he keeps his head on his shoulders. Still, I wish he could play an other year with Brassard in Drummondville.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
I can see where this list is going and I must say it doesn't surprise me one bit.

Just one question. What brand of glue makes you believe that Cam Barker ranking?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad