Hockey's Future Top 50 Prospects Fall 2006: 11-25

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
Thats interesting... Leclaire still is considered a prospect and Latendresse cannot be in tehe top 10, yet he isnt on the list even though hes considered Montreal's top prospect. But i am aware that he is considered Montreals top prospect, just cause hes "King Latendresse" and hes the "Quebec born Messiah". Also the fact the media is pushing for Gainey to put him on the team AND the HABS lack size up front. But still, anyways I like where Kopitar is, hes going to be very special playing with O'sullivan.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
and Latendresse cannot be in tehe top 10,
I wouldn't be shocked if he was, these are usually contests to see who overrates their own team's prospects the most, and Montreal usually wins.

Otherwise, they do a very nice job on these lists. I wouldn't be so much concerned with the order necessarily as I would the range and the company they're in.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Both Radulov and Weber seem a little low (I would take Weber over Staal, Boudon and Carle and I would take Radulov before Schremp, Ryan and possibly Wolski) but pretty good list overall.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
So the top 10 will have Malkin at #1, barring some complete mental lapse. From there, in no particular order the rest of the top 10 will likely consist of ...

Brule
Getzlaf
E. Johnson
J. Johnson
Lehtonen
Semin
Ward
Backstrom
________ ?

Meaning we won't see at least 2 of:
-- Latrendesse, the Habs #1 prospect even though #2 Kostitsyn (43rd) and #3 Price (47th) were ranked,
-- Nokelainen, the Isles #2 prospect even though #3 Okposo (50th) was ranked,
-- Howard (#1 on the Wings list), Hudler (#3 on the Wings) and Kindl (#4 on the Wings), even though #2 Filppula (49th) and #5 Grigorenko (44th) were ranked

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
according to hf pittsburgh made a very nice pick with staal. with kessel and backstrom in front of him allready. i didnt like the pick in the first place anyway, i hoped they would pick kessel. great to see that backstrom is in the the top 10 along with o'sullivan.

KaptainKourage*

I think you guys meant Mathieu Carle, and Montreal own him, not the Sharks :sarcasm:

McSorley 33

Feb 9, 2005
Yorba Linda, Ca
So the top 10 will have Malkin at #1, barring some complete mental lapse. From there, in no particular order the rest of the top 10 will likely consist of ...

Brule
Getzlaf
E. Johnson
J. Johnson
Lehtonen
Semin
Ward
Backstrom
________ ?

-- Latrendesse, the Habs #1 prospect even though #2 Kostitsyn (43rd) and #3 Price (47th) were ranked,
-- Howard (#1 on the Wings list), Hudler (#3 on the Wings) and Kindl (#4 on the Wings), even though #2 Filppula (49th) and #5 Grigorenko (44th) were ranked

What about O'Sullivan!! He should be in the top ten or at least it looks that way.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX

Brule
Getzlaf
E. Johnson
J. Johnson
Lehtonen
Semin
Ward
Backstrom
________ ?

You wont see any of those guys listed, because O'Sullivan is gonna take that last spot in the top 10.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
What about O'Sullivan!! He should be in the top ten or at least it looks that way.
That would be it - I was busy trying to convince one of my girls that she's not potty-trained and she did in fact need a diaper on and couldn't remember him.

Randall Graves*

according to hf pittsburgh made a very nice pick with staal. with kessel and backstrom in front of him allready. i didnt like the pick in the first place anyway, i hoped they would pick kessel. great to see that backstrom is in the the top 10 along with o'sullivan.
I think Toews is pretty underrated, the word 'dominant' is used for Staal, while mostly intangibles are used for Toews, and that he only has solid offensive skills...Toews has alot more than just work ethic, leadership and grit. I think often times people mistake 2 way player for moderate offensive ability..I see no reason why Toews won't be a PPG player and a potential selke candidate. I don't have any big problems with the list.

I'd probably put Bobby Ryan a bit lower until his skating gets better and improves on his play away from the puck. I have zero doubts that his skill with the puck is NHL quality, great vision, good stickhandler a very nice shot just has to work on his legs.

Randall Graves*

ok so it just proves Latendresse is ranked #1 on Habs just cause its most likely he will get a good shot at the team before everyone else, and the fact Kostitsyn has been fading.
I thought Kostitsyn had more potential than Brule? :sarcasm:

KaptainKourage*

I thought Kostitsyn had more potential than Brule? :sarcasm:

That because Habs, like every other teams (except chicago), have stupid fans. But its also true that habs prospects and player are highly underrated by hockey fans...

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Totally unncessary.
But not false. Every year, theres at least 1 Canadiens prospect thats curiously high on the list. In February, Perezhogin was higher than Michalek, Wolski, Kopitar, Boyes, and Radulov. At that point in the year, Boyes was 4th in rookie scoring, Michalek was playing with Marleau, Radulov led the Q in scoring, Wolski had 6 points in 9 NHL games, and was scoring more than 2 points per game in junior, while Perezhogin had done nothing with Montreal and nothing with Hamilton.

Last year, Kostsitsyn and Perezhogin were higher than O'Sullivan, Lundqvist, Brule, Ryan, Kopitar, and Ward.

This isn't a criticism of anyone in particular, these lists in general are pretty good. But, we just have to keep in mind that the Montreal prospects are probably going to be about 10 slots higher than they should be. Maybe they're like the Yankees, in that they do a very good job of hyping up their prospects in the press. Nothing wrong with that.

Mr_Jones*

Teams with 3:
Kings (Tukonen-40, Kopitar-14, O'Sullivan)
Ducks (Perry-30, Ryan-13, Getzlaugh)
Canes (Ladd-28, Ward, J. Johnson)
Caps (Semin, Backstrom, Fehr-48)
Bruins (Rask-26, Toivonen-16, Kessel-15)

Teams with 0:
Buffalo
Calgary
Dallas
Philadelphia
Tampa Bay

Judging by the ranking of the already known Kings and Ducks players, Getzlaugh will be 3 and O'Sullivan will be 4. :)

sandbox

Nov 6, 2005

Brule
Getzlaf
E. Johnson
J. Johnson
Lehtonen
Semin
Ward
Backstrom
________ ?

Is Lehtonen actually still considered a prospect? i dont think so, if he's no on the website i dont think he's legal. We could see Setoguchi in the top 10????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->