Hockey Arena XIX - Vagrant is the King!

BuffaloNick

Registered Money
May 5, 2013
The Banana Stand
How long has HA been down?

Was down for at least six hours, as far as I know. Maybe more. Really screwed me over, since the downtime left me unable to change my real top lines in for my u23 lines. I lost two highly productive veteran wingers and my starting goalie. So because of that, I outshot my opponent tonight by like 30-14 and still lost.

On another note, my 22-year-old backup goalie is absolutely worthless. He'll be sold soon, and my current third-stringer will handle u23 duties.

Last edited:

GirouxGiroux

Visioneer
Mar 8, 2010
Pulled another decent one, 18 YO 90/max-1/+2.

If this keeps up, I'm going to have some tough decisions to make.

GirouxGiroux

Visioneer
Mar 8, 2010
Sell your worst regular and put the stud kid in. Always.

Not necessarily. I have a window I'm aiming for to win trophies in I.1. That window centers around my GK's potential. Eventually it will get to a point where I might sell my worst kid and keep the older players. Keep in mind the older players I'm talking about are like 22 right now.

Either way, I still have spots open. I just wasn't planning to fill them yet, ideally I'd space out the ages a bit more.

And.... HA is down again. WTF. This time the whole site is down, no page loading at all.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
Well when you get to I.1 the kids can be on a 3rd (or 4th) line and still get decent experience, while not putting you at too much of a disadvantage in trying to win.

GirouxGiroux

Visioneer
Mar 8, 2010
Well when you get to I.1 the kids can be on a 3rd (or 4th) line and still get decent experience, while not putting you at too much of a disadvantage in trying to win.

Well, that's what I mean. If I have a third line of younger players and I pull another good one, I'd sell one of the other younger players to make room.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Here's my team going forward.

Would like to get another defenseman but right now there's not a lot out there so i'll wait. Maybe my YS will give me something...yeah probably not :laugh:

image.jpg

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
I would have probably made Smid a center over Copko due to the higher Q, but it doesn't make that much difference. It should turn into a good team regardless.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
Even with low starting bids, you just need people to see the player. The ones that sneak through at cheap prices like that are the ones people miss. Advertising the player is the only thing you can do to try to get people to notice.

EDIT: I'm playing one d-man out of position at forward right now to get all five of them in the top six for playing time. However at the end of the season (or beginning of next season) I'll no doubt need to move one of them down to the third line as I'll have another young forward to put in that spot. I'm not sure who I want to put there.

Ilmari Vaaraniemi, 91/Max-1/+1, 20 years old, 162 AI
Stephen Pleau, 95/Max-2/-1, 19 years old, 128 AI
Stepan Shudegov, 89/Max-1/-2, 20 years old, 159 AI
Christopher Pederson, 86/Max-2/+1, 18 years old, 96 AI
Slavomil Škrabák, 88/Max-2/-1, 19 years old, 134 AI

Thinking about making it one of the last three, probably Shudegov or Skrabak (and leaning towards the former because of his loyalty being the worst of all 5).

Last edited:

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
Hrm, one of the YS players I thought could be that new forward is 91/Max-4/?+. I am tempted to just say screw it and put him in, but that P is awful.

GirouxGiroux

Visioneer
Mar 8, 2010
Successfully got another player to +3 at the expense of an expendable player.

My entire top line for my run will be +3.

BuffaloNick

Registered Money
May 5, 2013
The Banana Stand
Which of these upcoming Thursdays is Super Thursday? Also, due to my hiatus from the game I forget what the busiest time of day to sell players is. If anyone could remind me about that, that'd be awesome.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Tujague rides into the sunset.

Argh. You had a shot this year. I don't think my luck is going to play out in the playoffs the way it did last season. But there's nothing to be done about that now. You were a formidable foe and an incredible resource for me learning the game. I appreciate your help.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
Is the site down for anyone else? I'm not even getting a message about servers getting down, just the standard 404-type error.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
In the process of selling two more veterans (both 300+ AI; one 0P D-man, one 12P Wing), and a few other train and sells. Most are crap, but there are a few decent players. In doing so I had to change the franchise player, and decided to give it to Estrada. Only other choice was my goalie, but IMO Estrada is the better move.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I couldn't be more surprised that I was able to win I.1 in the regular season. Even more surprising to me is that my team only allowed 37 goals in 30 games of league play. I don't know how it's going to carry over into the playoffs, as there are some VERY talented and top heavy units out there, but I hope to repeat in I.1 ....because it won't be long before the rebuild begins in earnest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad