Hinostroza Recalled

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
He got hurt and missed a couple weeks which affected his point totals a bit (took him a few games to get back into things).

Plenty of HF posters, not just Hawks fans, have said he's been the best player in the NCAA this year. He was 2nd in the league in PPG last time I checked.

His NHLe is around 50pts for a full season. He reminds me a lot of Teuvo when he was a prospect, but TT was admittedly younger and had a higher upside.

For a 6th rounder if he can get 40 points that would be awesome.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Hino comes on board and Hawks suddenly have balance among the lines and just keep winning, meanwhile, Ice Hogs have dried up offensively in his absence. Coincidence? I think not.
a team with a bunch of talent plays three teams in a row that stink and then win two more games. Ice Hogs lose there only offensive player (tweeener). If you think hino has done much ur nuts. That being said keep riding with him for now.

Reactions: migi

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Hino gives our lineup better balance because his speed is big asset. I think the 3rd line will do even better because Panik is better than Sharp. Hino is not a world beater but he's had an impact. He is 44.4% at the dot which is workable.

A lot of different opinions on Hino's ceiling.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
He got hurt and missed a couple weeks which affected his point totals a bit (took him a few games to get back into things).

Plenty of HF posters, not just Hawks fans, have said he's been the best player in the NCAA this year. He was 2nd in the league in PPG last time I checked.

His NHLe is around 50pts for a full season. He reminds me a lot of Teuvo when he was a prospect, but TT was admittedly younger and had a higher upside.

I had no idea he was that level of a prospect. That’s exactly the type of player this team is missing, maybe he can be a poor man’s Panarin.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Hino gives our lineup better balance because his speed is big asset. I think the 3rd line will do even better because Panik is better than Sharp. Hino is not a world beater but he's had an impact. He is 44.4% at the dot which is workable.

A lot of different opinions on Hino's ceiling.
i am still of the opinion that his upside is that of a line 4 and at best a line 3.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I don’t know much about him other than some stats and a couple articles, why are people so high on him? Personally I don’t think he will make more or an impact than the likes of Haynden had last year which was not very much but expected from a first year college kid, maybe someone can fill in here? He’s also 22 and still in college and it doesn’t seem like his numbers are improving from last year.

I think he is a step under TT/Schmaltz level prospect. Top 9 talent (middle 6) with a ceiling of a good 2nd ling player in my opinion. Not as high on DS as others.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You know who else came back at the start of the 5 game winning streak? Corey Crawford. In fact, the Hawks are 9-0-2 the last 11 games he has played in. I'm sure Hino is the reason though, and it was just a coincidence that Crawford came back when he was called up.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You know who else came back at the start of the 5 game winning streak? Corey Crawford. In fact, the Hawks are 9-0-2 the last 11 games he has played in. I'm sure Hino is the reason though, and it was just a coincidence that Crawford came back when he was called up.

Do you think that Hino has not had a positive and noticeable impact on the team since he was called up?

Reactions: ChiHawks10

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
it doesn't hurt, but the main problem with all this, Q insisted on playing Bourma and Sharp over him.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I've liked what Hino has brought but I'm pretty luke warm on him long term. His speed is an asset, no question and on this team, currently, that's enough to merit him playing most nights. But I don't think he's anything more than an average 3rd liner. Nothing wrong with that, but that's the type of role that the Hawks are better off finding from within.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
There's no question that Crawford has had a fantastic year but before he was injured the team was playing lethargic hockey in front of him. Now that the team has stepped it up, they are winning as a team and not relying on goaltending to constantly bail them out. Hino is a factor, as is Kempny/Oesterle recently, as is Schmaltz and Kane and of course Wingels and the 4th line. Balance among 4 lines is a wonderful thing. My question is: have Hawks flipped the switch?

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I've liked what Hino has brought but I'm pretty luke warm on him long term. His speed is an asset, no question and on this team, currently, that's enough to merit him playing most nights. But I don't think he's anything more than an average 3rd liner. Nothing wrong with that, but that's the type of role that the Hawks are better off finding from within.
i too am not sold on him, but i do not have him ranked as a steady 3rd liner, but hey, everyone has opinions and i respect yours.

i would like to see some of the youngins in rfd and some of those still unsigned. then i can properly gauge them .... all of them.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
There's no question that Crawford has had a fantastic year but before he was injured the team was playing lethargic hockey in front of him. Now that the team has stepped it up, they are winning as a team and not relying on goaltending to constantly bail them out. Hino is a factor, as is Kempny/Oesterle recently, as is Schmaltz and Kane and of course Wingels and the 4th line. Balance among 4 lines is a wonderful thing. My question is: have Hawks flipped the switch?
The Hawks barely beat the likes of the Sabres, and the Coyotes, and struggled against the Panthers for the majority of the game. Hino has marginally helped, less than Oesterle. Hawks were playing good hockey for a short stretch 15 games ago or so, it's about consistency with this group, and also building chemistry. I think the chemistry is coming on strong, and the new players have got adapted to learning a new system with new teammates. Hopefully it continues.

Reactions: LDF

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The Hawks barely beat the likes of the Sabres, and the Coyotes, and struggled against the Panthers for the majority of the game. Hino has marginally helped, less than Oesterle. Hawks were playing good hockey for a short stretch 15 games ago or so, it's about consistency with this group, and also building chemistry. I think the chemistry is coming on strong, and the new players have got adapted to learning a new system with new teammates. Hopefully it continues.

Yes, but they managed to win all 3 of those games, against lesser teams, and the momentum carried on with sound defeats of 2 Central Division rivals. You didn't mention those games; the most important of the modest winning streak that Hawks are on. You don't like Hino ... fine. Dismiss his contribution if it makes you feel better.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Yes, but they managed to win all 3 of those games, against lesser teams, and the momentum carried on with sound defeats of 2 Central Division rivals. You didn't mention those games; the most important of the modest winning streak that Hawks are on. You don't like Hino ... fine. Dismiss his contribution if it makes you feel better.
Yeah I didn't mention those games, because they played well against those teams. I was just mentioning how the hawks really didn't play well against those teams, with Hino in the lineup.

It's not that I don't like Hino, I just don't feel like he has made any significant contribution to the team like you do. He deserves to be here, and play over the likes of Sharp, and Bouma, but that's as far as I go with him.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
a good east coast trip will do wonders on the Bhawks psyche and this will show everyone about the Bhawks future.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
i would say crawford coming back, the schedule, and the team being good made the impact...hino has been mehh. So yes i would say i am dismissing his contribution until he makes one clear.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Not giving Hino credit for the win streak isn't dismissing his contributions. I think Hino has made a positive impact on this team but attributing this winning streak to his call up is a bit much considering he's got one point in 5 games. He's been an ingredient in the resurgence... just a rather small one. There's just been a few other factors have made more of an impact on the recent winning ways of this team such as the team MVP coming back from injury and Quenville switching to D pairings that at least make a little bit of sense. Also Kane got hot and was the NHLs number one star this past week.

Not saying Hino hasn't given positive contributions, there's just a few more significant reasons this team started winning rather than Hino being the magic elixir.

Reactions: BobbyJet

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
i would say crawford coming back, the schedule, and the team being good made the impact...hino has been mehh. So yes i would say i am dismissing his contribution until he makes one clear.
LOL ... as a third line player I wonder what that contribution would need be in your book? The third line is a threat and is contributing making it a 4 line team, something we haven't seen in quite a while. I am interested to see how Panik does when inserted with 38-48.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad