Hinostroza Recalled

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The Toews line takes on the tough matchups, and Saad is one of our better defensive players. You want to replace him, with a guy who doesn't even know what defense is? The new top line was just put together in the last couple of games, but let's switch it before we even get them 3 full games together, and replace one of our better forwards with an NHL tweener to try and get that line going again..makes sense.

I said no such thing. What I was implying was that Saad needs to far better than what he has shown lately and if he doesn't snap out of it soon, he needs to be sent a message. Lately, it has become clear why Saad was sometimes in Tort's doghouse.
If 20 19 12 do not figure it out..then we have $16.5 cap hit holding back D-Cat and dragging him down to their ineptitude ...if that hapoens then you demote lo e 1 to line 4 as a possession lone that cannot score...you take D-Cat off it and put Panik back ..then as line 4 I guess they are OK. .You promote the Bourma Wingels Hayden line to line 3 ...You move Sharp to the bench...You bring up Hartman to be
at 2LW AA 2C and Kane 2 RW and Schmaltz 1LW Hino 1C Highmore 1RW...the speed of line 1 will be frightening to defenses and many 2 on 1 and breakaways will result . YOU tell Q to do this else he gone...When Sikura comes you can replace Panik on the Saad -Toews 4th line ...

Making Saad -Tiews -Panik the 4th line would both send a message to end the Country Club entitlement in favour of a meritocracy...if they want back to line 1 ...let them. Prove they want it bad...THIS also changes line 1 fom an East -West around the boards then do nothing waste tome line into a north -south speed rush line ...It also gives line 4 (Toews with Saad and Panik) the chance to match to lower lines on othervteams .If Tean's put their best line out vs. SCHMALTZ HINO HIGHMORE those guys would have to Co tend with speed speed speed..and we know speed kills . WILL Q do this. .of course not ..too stupid..Sp we will see more of Country Club Saad and Country Club Toews wracking up great possesion but still cannot score or click to the degree ab#1 line should ...samenold poor scoring poir +%-...Schmaltz'game will drastically improve when it simplifies to straightness speed north -south game with more 2 on 1s and breakaways ...Hino has the speed to keep up with him and Highmore is also faster than any other we put up there ..So it makes a lit of sense..Something needs to be do evto stir Saad-Toews-Panik to better performance...facing lesser lines and less minutes as 4th line should do the trick.When Sikura gets there they should even have a finisher instead of Panik..But you gotta get these bums Sad and Toews away from D-Cat ..they are ruining a goid thing ..Shakeup needed..And Sharp has to be r8di g the lines for all this too.They should trade Kempny if not using him..We coukd get a 2nd rounder and a 5th for him if a team is desperate for a d-man.

Also when Saddle and Toews removed to 4th line they lose pp unit duty as well..Q shoukd tell them to shine 5x5 and to earn a consideration back ..Not as if trying Schmaltz Hino Highmore on pp would be any worse than anything with Toews and Saad who clearly ate failing and flailing at production in both ES and PP. NOTHING MUCH MORE COULD GET WORSE ...Probably improves drastically with the Country CLUBBERS off tge Po..Also sends a message to AA and Kane that they coukd drop off Po too if they do not produce there I one of the units.

Drastic measures called for. .we can't continue with a line #1 that keeps failing so badly. If D-Cat on with 20 and 19 too long ,he too will get corrupted to futility. GET HOM AWAY FROM THEM.

But thus is alk fantasy..stubborn Q is not going to change anything. He believes it cannot keep going g lije this for line #1..the luck will change or 20 and 19 will flip a switch ..or a miracle will happen.

Bottom line. The sooner Q goes, the better.

Reactions: Pez68 and BK

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Brandon Saad has always been very streaky. I think when he scored all those goals in the first few games, and we had people predicting he would score 35-40 goals this season...it was evident that a lot of people forgot the kind of player he is. Well, now everyone remembers.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
i would like to know, how many posters thought the right move was to waive Kero instead of Sharp ??
I don't know if it was "right", per se...but in spite of Sharp being just another warm body, he's not an outright liability (at least not like Keith was up until the Florida game, or Seabrook until his icetime was cut, or like Runblad's entire career with the 'hawks). Granted, neither was Kero. They just aren't scoring. it's not like they are making boneheaded plays that produce odd-man rushes and breakaways--at least not as much as our skater core has.

I think the move was made with the intent of this season being Sharp's farewell season--allow him to retire a 'hawk and all that. I don't know if that's right or wrong, but I think that was the logic of waiving Kero over Sharp. At least that way when they decide to slop Panik in (when he gives himself a much needed rectal craniectomy), they can just pressbox Sharp.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I don't know if it was "right", per se...but in spite of Sharp being just another warm body, he's not an outright liability (at least not like Keith was up until the Florida game, or Seabrook until his icetime was cut, or like Runblad's entire career with the 'hawks). Granted, neither was Kero. They just aren't scoring. it's not like they are making boneheaded plays that produce odd-man rushes and breakaways--at least not as much as our skater core has.

I think the move was made with the intent of this season being Sharp's farewell season--allow him to retire a 'hawk and all that. I don't know if that's right or wrong, but I think that was the logic of waiving Kero over Sharp. At least that way when they decide to slop Panik in (when he gives himself a much needed rectal craniectomy), they can just pressbox Sharp.
with the new nhl, that dedication to some favorites, is a luxury that teams can't keep doing. i mean i see that and understand the sentimental feelings in Toews, Kane, Seabs Keith and even Sharp. the team would have to sacrifice a player like Kero.... yes Kero, who is not much now, but is he less of a valuable player for this team, than Sharp ??

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
You guys act like Kero is gone, he is in Rockford and available.

Sharp is a shadow of his former self, age does that. Thing is they out of respect are not going to waive him and when it comes to the bottom six there isn’t exactly great replacement options for him anyway. He can still skate, just no finish like many of our players. Replacing him with someone from Rockford will make zero difference in this teams success. Rockford has zero answers for the Hawks, the only thing that turns it around is the play of our core veterans and they may just not have it in them anymore.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
with the new nhl, that dedication to some favorites, is a luxury that teams can't keep doing. i mean i see that and understand the sentimental feelings in Toews, Kane, Seabs Keith and even Sharp. the team would have to sacrifice a player like Kero.... yes Kero, who is not much now, but is he less of a valuable player for this team, than Sharp ??
If the difference between success and failure is the difference between Kero as-is and Sharp as-is, the team is proper screwed.

"Loyalty" to Toews, Kane, Keith, and Seabrook will indeed get the team in trouble with their paygrade and role. As team leaders they are expected to produce offensively and defensively, and at a high clip at that. They're expected to *not* be carried. It's their responsibility to carry the team; they have the paychecks, role, and letters to prove it.

Sharp is not that anymore. He's not wearing a letter. He's not making 5+M. Regardless of what happened in the past his current role is as an 800k depth player, only 50k *more* than Kero. He's expected to go out there and play enough time to give the core players a breather and *not* shoot the team in the foot. He really hasn't shot the team in the foot--and if he has not as much as Keith or Seabrook have at times this season. The only real knock on him is that he couldn't score even if he walked into a Tijuana Brothel with a $100 bill tied to his junk.

Sharp is not a problem. Sharp over Kero is not a problem. It would be like choosing between Darryl Sutter and Stan Mikita in the 1980 season. One's a rookie, ones a vet in his last season; there are other guys on the team who should be more culpable for wins and losses than them.

Sharp is a shadow of his former self, age does that. Thing is they out of respect are not going to waive him and when it comes to the bottom six there isn’t exactly great replacement options for him anyway. He can still skate, just no finish like many of our players. Replacing him with someone from Rockford will make zero difference in this teams success. Rockford has zero answers for the Hawks, the only thing that turns it around is the play of our core veterans and they may just not have it in them anymore.
I'm not so lobotomized that I think waiving = gone...especially since he's signed through next year.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

i guess this is me and my little rant. i want the hawks to field the best team possible every game and i see that kero is better than sharp.... at this point in sharp's career.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
If the difference between success and failure is the difference between Kero as-is and Sharp as-is, the team is proper screwed.

"Loyalty" to Toews, Kane, Keith, and Seabrook will indeed get the team in trouble with their paygrade and role. As team leaders they are expected to produce offensively and defensively, and at a high clip at that. They're expected to *not* be carried. It's their responsibility to carry the team; they have the paychecks, role, and letters to prove it.

Sharp is not that anymore. He's not wearing a letter. He's not making 5+M. Regardless of what happened in the past his current role is as an 800k depth player, only 50k *more* than Kero. He's expected to go out there and play enough time to give the core players a breather and *not* shoot the team in the foot. He really hasn't shot the team in the foot--and if he has not as much as Keith or Seabrook have at times this season. The only real knock on him is that he couldn't score even if he walked into a Tijuana Brothel with a $100 bill tied to his junk.

Sharp is not a problem. Sharp over Kero is not a problem. It would be like choosing between Darryl Sutter and Stan Mikita in the 1980 season. One's a rookie, ones a vet in his last season; there are other guys on the team who should be more culpable for wins and losses than them.

you make a great point, however i will direct this to what i see. Sharp on the 3rd line, and kero was on the 4th now in RFD. what should have been proven by now is sharp on the 4th line or sitting in the press box, kero playing 4th line and getting experience, nhl experience.

but i now see this as Q doting on older players who should have call it a day instead of playing the younger players.

Last edited:

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Q has no use or patience for guys that skate around like chickens with their heads cut off and throw the puck away. Which is exactly what Hinostroza is. He'll be traded at the deadline.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Sharp falls into one of Q's biggest issues as a coach - moderately useful depth piece playing way too many minutes in a role he's just not suited for. Handzus, Walker, Rozi, Bollig, etc.

I mean, Q's throwing him out on the f***ing PP.

And Hino's Hino. Flashes of good, flashes of bad. He's a bottom six depth scorer that's going to need a very good situation to stick at this level.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Sharp had 11mins in ice time last night, he wasn't having a good game. he had 17mins vs. Buffalo, where he was having a good game. He really isn't playing more than he should. He just can't seem to finish, which is his biggest issue. The guy can still skate, and is still responsible. I agree, he shouldn't go out on the PP.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
While I don't like making a Hino thread turn into a Sharp thread, I feel a need to step into this conversation a bit.

Sharp is still fast. Not breakaway fast like he used to have, but still not bad.

His hands, on the other hand, have turned to stone. I did have a HF Stars poster tell me that his hands have become trashed last season, and that does appear to be the case. His passing is frequently off and he always shoots right into the goalie's chest.

I still like him over Bouma, who I think is the worst forward currently on the roster. However, I hope that Sharp will become more of a 13th forward when (if?) playoffs start for us.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
you make a great point, however i will direct this to what i see. Sharp on the 3rd line, and kero was on the 4th now in RFD. what should have been proven by now is sharp on the 4th line or sitting in the press box, kero playing 4th line and getting experience, nhl experience.

but i now see this as Q doting on older players who should have call it a day instead of playing the younger players.

The thing is, I don't want them to mess with the 4th line. Unlike that brother-in-law we all have with the mullet that no one likes to talk to at family reunions: it actually works. Thus, Sharp on the 3rd line is less about Sharp being perceived by Q as a 3rd line player, and more about Q not screwing with the 4th line.

Much like what Hawkaholic said, I think his icetime will be adjusted, and concurring with him further, the only knock is his scoring touch. Sure, maybe he like Keith needs to get the smeg off the powerplay, but I don't think there's a big gap overall in the games between Sharp and Kero, and is success/failure lies within that gap the team is screwed, because the core players should be able to overcome that deficit.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The thing is, I don't want them to mess with the 4th line. Unlike that brother-in-law we all have with the mullet that no one likes to talk to at family reunions: it actually works. Thus, Sharp on the 3rd line is less about Sharp being perceived by Q as a 3rd line player, and more about Q not screwing with the 4th line.

Much like what Hawkaholic said, I think his icetime will be adjusted, and concurring with him further, the only knock is his scoring touch. Sure, maybe he like Keith needs to get the smeg off the powerplay, but I don't think there's a big gap overall in the games between Sharp and Kero, and is success/failure lies within that gap the team is screwed, because the core players should be able to overcome that deficit.
i see that you post a lot of thought in this, but i can't get beyond the anger part in me....... i cut my pony tail and now i have a long mullet ..... so what is wrong with the mullet look ?? :mad: :madfire: :arr:

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Hinny doing great, better positinally after a couple of games, I like his speed and hustle plus he can score goals, definitely belongs on the team. Bring back Panic in the place Bouma, he’s at least worth being on the 4th line and can probably score against 4th liners and 3rd pairing better than he could vs first line players.

Hayden - Wingels - Panic

Down the line sit Sharp and bring up Highmore

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Hino comes on board and Hawks suddenly have balance among the lines and just keep winning, meanwhile, Ice Hogs have dried up offensively in his absence. Coincidence? I think not.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Hinny doing great, better positinally after a couple of games, I like his speed and hustle plus he can score goals, definitely belongs on the team. Bring back Panic in the place Bouma, he’s at least worth being on the 4th line and can probably score against 4th liners and 3rd pairing better than he could vs first line players.

Hayden - Wingels - Panic

Down the line sit Sharp and bring up Highmore
I'm actually somewhat in agreement with you on this. Though I'd keep Sharp on the 3rd line and wait for Sikura to sign in March and replace Sharpie. DS is, or at least will be, a better player than Highmore by the end of the season.

Let Highmore marinate in the AHL for the whole year and hope he shows well in preseason next season.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It's pretty much a certainty that Sharp will be replaced by Panik on Thursday. I won't be surprised if Sharp sits until an injury gets him back in the line-up.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I'm actually somewhat in agreement with you on this. Though I'd keep Sharp on the 3rd line and wait for Sikura to sign in March and replace Sharpie. DS is, or at least will be, a better player than Highmore by the end of the season.

Let Highmore marinate in the AHL for the whole year and hope he shows well in preseason next season.

I don’t know much about him other than some stats and a couple articles, why are people so high on him? Personally I don’t think he will make more or an impact than the likes of Haynden had last year which was not very much but expected from a first year college kid, maybe someone can fill in here? He’s also 22 and still in college and it doesn’t seem like his numbers are improving from last year.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I don’t know much about him other than some stats and a couple articles, why are people so high on him? Personally I don’t think he will make more or an impact than the likes of Haynden had last year which was not very much but expected from a first year college kid, maybe someone can fill in here? He’s also 22 and still in college and it doesn’t seem like his numbers are improving from last year.
He got hurt and missed a couple weeks which affected his point totals a bit (took him a few games to get back into things).

Plenty of HF posters, not just Hawks fans, have said he's been the best player in the NCAA this year. He was 2nd in the league in PPG last time I checked.

His NHLe is around 50pts for a full season. He reminds me a lot of Teuvo when he was a prospect, but TT was admittedly younger and had a higher upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad