Hinostroza Recalled

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
About time. Just hope he does well. Needs to be third line.

Saad-Toews-Schmaltz
Cat-AA-Kane
Hayden-Hino-Hartman
Sharp-Wingels-Panik

Reactions: LDF

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Of course it should be the Triple H line with Hartman Hino and Hayden ...but was Vinny at C I'm Rockford or did they use him exclusively at wing?If he plays LW then Hartman would be playing C ...Sharp.needs benching.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Hino

e02d905adf31f126f6442888f4d27b63.gif

Reactions: LDF

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yeah, he is a tweener, so it will be no surprise to anyone *when* he is scratched (not if)

Do we really think Hinostroza is a tweener? Just based on his skating and hockey sense, he should have a good career as at least a 3rd liner....

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'm not sold that Hino will ever be more than an energy guy, but energy is certainly some the Hawks could use right now, so I'm happy he's getting a look

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Do we really think Hinostroza is a tweener? Just based on his skating and hockey sense, he should have a good career as at least a 3rd liner....
here is my disclaimer, i am not a Hino fan. with that i can say that i think his career is set as a line 4 kind of a player.

his intangibles that he brings will work for him and his line mates. he can be disruptive with his speed and ability to score. perfect.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

"Should" and "will" are two different things. I'm not sure I see surefire NHL career 3rd Liner from Hinostroza based on what I've seen to this point from junior until now. I certainly hope that is the case for him and would be happy to be wrong, but I've never felt that level of him and haven't seen anything, yet, to change that.

Reactions: BK

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I'm not sold that Hino will ever be more than an energy guy, but energy is certainly some the Hawks could use right now, so I'm happy he's getting a look
as a player who is a 4th liner, this kind of a player will have his ups and downs. that is what a 4th lines is about, inconsistent play, not a true valued player .

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Might not have been the best player last night, IMO, but I do agree he was great.

Had 5 sog, a good defensive play that prevented a scoring chance for the yotes, and a nice open ice hit. He had 4 sog in his first game.

He's not a difference maker, but he does look like he can be around a 0.5ppg type of player for us. His NHLe is just under 40, but I think he can actually beat that pace (obviously he won't score that much this season due to missing so many games already). Would like him to get a shot on the PP, simply because his speed can help the team gain the zone.

He's still not the best at positioning, but he has seemingly improved over last season and has not been the worst forward in that regard.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I only saw the 3rd period last night, and saw most of the Sabres game, he looked pretty "meh" to me in that short time. I'll still give him a few more games before I form a concrete opinion on him.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Might not have been the best player last night, IMO, but I do agree he was great.

Had 5 sog, a good defensive play that prevented a scoring chance for the yotes, and a nice open ice hit. He had 4 sog in his first game.

He's not a difference maker, but he does look like he can be around a 0.5ppg type of player for us. His NHLe is just under 40, but I think he can actually beat that pace (obviously he won't score that much this season due to missing so many games already). Would like him to get a shot on the PP, simply because his speed can help the team gain the zone.

He's still not the best at positioning, but he has seemingly improved over last season and has not been the worst forward in that regard.

Hino's offensive output depends entirely on where he plays. Panik and Sharp were anchors last night, yet he still created chances. He should also be seeing PP time if that play continues, but that's unlikely to happen with Q at the helm.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I only saw the 3rd period last night, and saw most of the Sabres game, he looked pretty "meh" to me in that short time. I'll still give him a few more games before I form a concrete opinion on him.

He had a solid game in both. Four SOG in one, five SOG in another. He was making an impact. Especially with his speed. His ceiling is probably average 3rd liner, or great 4th liner. With the upside of PP time if the coaches recognize that his speed is an asset on it.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He had a solid game in both. Four SOG in one, five SOG in another. He was making an impact. Especially with his speed. His ceiling is probably average 3rd liner, or great 4th liner. With the upside of PP time if the coaches recognize that his speed is an asset on it.
Regardless of his SOG in the Sabres game, I don't think he looked like any more than a 4th liner, and the 3rd period last night he was just OK. Maybe I missed his great play in the 1st two periods last night, because I haven't seen it otherwise.

And he certainly doesn't deserve top 6 time over anyone currently in the top 6.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

I think that opinion was made a while ago. He's a tweener. Doesn't matter if you only watch him part time. :sarcasm:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Regardless of his SOG in the Sabres game, I don't think he looked like any more than a 4th liner, and the 3rd period last night he was just OK. Maybe I missed his great play in the 1st two periods last night, because I haven't seen it otherwise.

And he certainly doesn't deserve top 6 time over anyone currently in the top 6.

Why argue a point that no one is actually campaigning for?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad