Speculation: High-Cap/Low-Salary NHLers to Ottawa

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Then keep him? There's no way Ottawa is going to add Alzner, and give you draft picks? Literally makes 0 sense.
Ottawa isn’t giving Montreal picks . Montreal would be giving Ottawa two of their picks back and free cap cash

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
It's just really depressing that Sens fans have to deal with bargain bin hunting all the time... They deserve so much better for their continued loyalty.

During the rebuild I am fine with this approach however this wont fly in a few years.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
During the rebuild I am fine with this approach however this wont fly in a few years.
The part that kills me is the extra value that having less actual money to pay vs cap is for Melnyk. He will take less of a return to pay less money.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Assuming his contract remains insured if traded, maybe Kesler would be a fit. 6.875M cap hit for two seasons, but the team is only on the hook for 1.375M per.

Without reading the whole thread, I can't think there are very many opportunities out there to save 5.5M in terms of cap hit vs real dollars

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
D Stepan cap hit is $6.5mil and AZ did not reinstate the no trade clause after DS waived it for the trade. Only owed $2 mil after paid his signing bonus.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I can fully understand why an Ottawa FAN would not want alzners contract . The only lame thing I could come up with is he helps toward tanking .

now the folks in the front office counting the beans and trying to reach the cap floor I’m sure would see the benefits of picks returned and free cap cash

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I've had a weird feeling about Freddy Andersen and the Sens for a couple weeks now.

Why would the Sens want more draft picks?

Based on what Dorion has said, I think they are looking to use some of their draft capital to acquire quality NHLers with good structured contracts. So people looking to pawn off Karl Alzner probably in the wrong spot.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I've had a weird feeling about Freddy Andersen and the Sens for a couple weeks now.

Based on what Dorion has said, I think they are looking to use some of their draft capital to acquire quality NHLers with good structured contracts. So people looking to pawn off Karl Alzner probably in the wrong spot.
Lol Well that is a polite reply sir Thankyou

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Leo and Hickey and Dal Colle for our 2nd round pick back

Leo has a 7 team NTC though so that might cause an issue since I am guessing he would put Ottawa on there because it's an obvious destination
Just puked in my mouth. Why would they want Komerov blocking a player like Formenton.

Reactions: Altimus

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Yeah I posted before Staals deal. What do you think it would cost to move Hank for a buyout so we swallow half that hit?

Since we don't have any more duces, this year or next, it would take a 1st, and i also don't see any value in making the move if we still have to eat ~4M.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad