HFWF OT #7: HAPPY RUSEV DAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Just remember that you're speaking to the couple. Don't worry about anyone else. Keep your speech to 3-5 minutes. Even shorter, if needed. People respond to a good quicker speech, rather than a longer one where they get anzty. The bridesmaid speech is/should be the more emotional, longer one, same with if your wedding party are doing parent speeches.

Yeah I plan on keeping it short and sweet, I just want one good decent joke in there. :laugh:

I have also been told don't tell a bunch of stories, no one cares about a story from high school, whatever.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
As with anything, stories are good if the person telling it is a good storyteller and can bring it back to the current day with ease. Story rambles that don't really lead to anything other than "haha remember when" tho are brutal.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
As with anything, stories are good if the person telling it is a good storyteller and can bring it back to the current day with ease. Story rambles that don't really lead to anything other than "haha remember when" tho are brutal.

This is more to what I was referring to, stories that don't really tell anything other than pretty much a "you had to be there" moment.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah I plan on keeping it short and sweet, I just want one good decent joke in there. :laugh:

I have also been told don't tell a bunch of stories, no one cares about a story from high school, whatever.

Yup. No stories. What you may consider interesting/funny, may not be interesting/funny to the parents, aunts/uncles, or grandparents in the room.

You can be like "I met the groom when were ____ at _________ and have been best friends with him since, and I can't describe how happy I am he found a bride like ______"

But the "I remember when we got so wasted in college and he stole a construction pylon" stories are useless

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I keep telling you. Season 3 of Love is meh. To the extreme.

First two seasons are top notch binge in a single night quality TV though

Reactions: Virtanen18

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah you'll get used to that.

There's a friend I used to work with that got me into Love. When I started season 3 I literally had to text "which one do we hate right now I forgot?"

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
You forgot about Alzner and Shaw ;)
Yeah but that’s a given.

Still tho, if we get compliance buyouts after the next lockout I think I’d rather use them on Price and Alzner if we don’t get a 1C and Price doesn’t return to .925-.930 SV% and ~2.25 GAA form.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah but that’s a given.

Still tho, if we get compliance buyouts after the next lockout I think I’d rather use them on Price and Alzner if we don’t get a 1C and Price doesn’t return to .925-.930 SV% and ~2.25 GAA form.

Buyouts? You’ll be lucky to get one.

It amazes me that a general manager who has shown so much mismanagement appears to be in no danger of losing his job.

I feel bad for you guys.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Buyouts? You’ll be lucky to get one.

It amazes me that a general manager who has shown so much mismanagement appears to be in no danger of losing his job.

I feel bad for you guys.
We are the Maple Leafs pre-Shanahan.

Except we have politics that’ll probably never allow us to hire the best people, thus, my interest is very low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad