HFWF OT #7: HAPPY RUSEV DAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I liked BTE more when it wasnt story-based. Obviously it's still enjoyable, but I miss just watching them do nothing but travel, meet fans, eat, hang with Fat Masa, etc. Harder to keep up this way and even when it seems like a non-storyline clip, it turns into one.

Also why the f*** is typing so screwy on this site? (Chrome for Android)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I saw White destroy Page and the Bullet Club at that press conference talking about how Page was lucky enough that they allowed him to be a secondary character on BTE lol

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Good morning everyone, hope everyone's weekend was great.

I bought my first plant for my apartment which at the age of 28 is pretty sad but I'm an adult and #thegirl thought it would help spruce my place up a bit. Good god, she was so right, I don't know how I went this long without a plant. His name is Jarry and he's magnificent.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Good morning everyone, hope everyone's weekend was great.

I bought my first plant for my apartment which at the age of 28 is pretty sad but I'm an adult and #thegirl thought it would help spruce my place up a bit. Good god, she was so right, I don't know how I went this long without a plant. His name is Jarry and he's magnificent.

Yeah, I have a corner houseplant, a plant hanging from the shower, and succulents all over the house. Plants rock, you do really have to be on the ball about watering a lot of them! succulents are a bit easier but can still be killed.

Reactions: BonMorrison

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Yeah, I have a corner houseplant, a plant hanging from the shower, and succulents all over the house. Plants rock, you do really have to be on the ball about watering a lot of them! succulents are a bit easier but can still be killed.

Yeahhhhh - I already want more - this is bad.

Me and the plant store: "Hi uh, I'm looking for a uh ... tall plant - that needs little-to-no maintenance."

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeahhhhh - I already want more - this is bad.

Me and the plant store: "Hi uh, I'm looking for a uh ... tall plant - that needs little-to-no maintenance."
Orchids are what you want.

They're not tall, but you can stand them on something. They basically sit in their pot looking pretty and survive on neglect. You only need to water them once per week, so almost zero maintenance.

Watering them is a bit different form normal, but probably easier than normal watering.

In the wild they grow attached to trees, so you plant them in a pot of bark instead of soil. When you buy one it normally comes in two pots, a fancy outer one and a plastic inner one. The inner one will have holes in. To water it you take the outer pot off then just dunk the inner one in some water for 5~10min, drain it and your done.

You can add feed into the water if you want, but it's not required. It comes in two kinds, bloom and growth, one for when flowering and the other for when not. There'll be instruction on the bottles for them.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Apparently I don't get enough direct light into my apartment for orchids. I have a north facing window so while I get a lot of light, none of it is direct.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
All my plants are cacti or succulents. I don't have the time for anything more than that.

But yeah. We should all grow weed in a few months.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Cacti and succulents are next.

The one I got was something like this:
IMG_3304.jpg

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Apparently I don't get enough direct light into my apartment for orchids. I have a north facing window so while I get a lot of light, none of it is direct.
You'll probably still be OK with one. I've gone one that survives on a north window fine, so you'll probably be fine too. Can always try if you see one on clearance or something.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i forget i have plants and then die and i keep forgetting until the stupid cat knocks them down or something. so no, never again unless its to save money on weed or something.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I am the best man at my friends wedding, never done this before. I am in the process of planning the bachelor and have zero clue what I am doing. It should be interesting!

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah I'm the best man at a wedding in September. Fortunately he's a bit nuts and planned his own bachelor party. And since he's nuts and wants to go to Vancouver for 2 days...so we're doing that.

I'm more concerned about the speech. I'm not one for public speaking.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Also in the same boat. Luckily the groom also planned the party at this one. Doing an East Coast US road trip it looks like.

I have to go to Goa, India for his wedding so I'm kind of cheesed he's doing an expensive bachelor party tbh. Saving money is hard enough as is.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Yeah damn, you guys have the big trips planned.

My idea is do an activity in the late morning - head downtown Detroit a bit after - do dinner - have fun afterwards. And everyone can decide what they can or cannot attend throughout the day. I just set a date with everyone at least.

As far as best man speech, Im a total introvert so speeches arent my best either, what I have been doing is just making sure to write down any ideas or something funny witty to say that pops into my head and then structure it later. The shower is usually where my good ideas pop up. :laugh:

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Also in the same boat. Luckily the groom also planned the party at this one. Doing an East Coast US road trip it looks like.

I have to go to Goa, India for his wedding so I'm kind of cheesed he's doing an expensive bachelor party tbh. Saving money is hard enough as is.

India AND an expensive bachelor party? This kind of shit just seems selfish to me, people have differing budgets.
Thats why my bachelor party planning involves a spreadsheet with each activity and the estimated cost that I am going to send to everyone so if they cant make everything because of budget, whatever, they can let me know before I book.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I know it's different for everyone, but I always have this fear of public speaking
And I do struggle when it's a small handful of like, 5 people
But when it's a group of maybe 10+ people, it becomes so much easier

But yeah
Just the thought of public speaking makes me uncomfortable
So here's hoping you guys do well with it

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Just remember that you're speaking to the couple. Don't worry about anyone else. Keep your speech to 3-5 minutes. Even shorter, if needed. People respond to a good quicker speech, rather than a longer one where they get anzty. The bridesmaid speech is/should be the more emotional, longer one, same with if your wedding party are doing parent speeches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad