HFWF OT 6: Tis the season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Good work day. Killed it for first few hours, then we had a year end lunch+trivia. On my lunch break now. Gonna go back with 25 mins left in my shift lol

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
as someone that grew up on Eminem's music it's legit depressing to see the quality of the latest album and even more depressing to see it come across in interviews how little confidence he seems to have in his work anymore because everyone shreds it to pieces. I mean, they shred it for good reason, but it's still kinda sad.

Reactions: SnS

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Planet Money
Science Vs
Inquiring Minds
Science Vs has some really interesting topics and info, but I just can't help but be bored as hell when I listen to it. Outside of when the narrator says "Conclusion:" and sums up the last few points, I find myself completely zoning out on it.

Still taking suggestions fam.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Science Vs has some really interesting topics and info, but I just can't help but be bored as hell when I listen to it. Outside of when the narrator says "Conclusion:" and sums up the last few points, I find myself completely zoning out on it.

Still taking suggestions fam.
Yeah I’m mostly interested in the other two, notably planet money. There’s a couple interesting Science Vs ones but I haven’t listened to it in a while.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Today is my last REAL day of work until January 3rd. Tomorrow I'll come in at least an hour...do nothing...get Korean BBQ. Swing by the LCBO and just drink at the office.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Blah im still in tomorrow, but have mon-tues off for the next two weeks as typical work vacay days. Decided to not do any extra time off since ill probably take some time off in March.

I also have a conference near Portland in April, so gonna take an extra couple days and stay in the city. I've never been, so that's exciting!

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
planning to see my parents;
60$ for the bus....
15$ for a car-ride and can bring the dog.... man what a stupid good deal. f*** bus companies.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I thought Star Wars was fun, but a little long. Don’t get the nerd rage.

Agreed. I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan in the world but I enjoy the franchise and some of the theories and stuff. I don't get how some people HATE this movie. There was some stuff I didn't like about it but overall it was pretty solid.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
if i could pay that i would be happy and probably traveling more, but to me the deal is being able to bring the dog.

(but no. i hate traveling. i love being home.)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Agreed. I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan in the world but I enjoy the franchise and some of the theories and stuff. I don't get how some people HATE this movie. There was some stuff I didn't like about it but overall it was pretty solid.

I don’t think there was anything to hate in this movie. Dislike sure, but not hate and believe it personally insulted you.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
im seeing it tomorrow. hoping its to my liking. I didnt like TFA at all at first but I rewatched it recently and liked it better

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Man, I still haven't seen TLJ.

Trying to avoid spoilers like:

tumblr_mm5kflPzGn1r72ht7o1_500.gif

but somewhat unsuccessful, unfortunately.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I don’t think there was anything to hate in this movie. Dislike sure, but not hate and believe it personally insulted you.

I like and dislike the use of Snoke. There was a lot of mystery around him and it raised so many questions...then they kill him off just like that in the 2nd film... Now its Supreme Leader Kylo Renn now?

Also Rey + Ben vs Knights of Ren (yeah it was totally them) was such an awesome fight scene. Very well done.

ALSO thank god Rey isn't a Skywalker, 3 trilogies do not need to be about 1 family. I do hope her parents are more than just dread alcoholics but we'll see, not quite convinced. Think Kylo was possibly lying.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I like and dislike the use of Snoke. There was a lot of mystery around him and it raised so many questions...then they kill him off just like that in the 2nd film... Now its Supreme Leader Kylo Renn now?

Also Rey + Ben vs Knights of Ren (yeah it was totally them) was such an awesome fight scene. Very well done.

ALSO thank god Rey isn't a Skywalker, 3 trilogies do not need to be about 1 family. I do hope her parents are more than just dread alcoholics but we'll see, not quite convinced. Think Kylo was possibly lying.

I imagine a comic book will come out to explain Snoke. I was enjoying him, but I think it works as a decent twist to kill him.

I think there was just too much going on in the end. Too many subplots, too many hijinks, and too many battles. The movie really felt it’s length even when it was rolling.

Also too bleak. The Resistance got its teeth kicked in so many times and it felt like literally everyone died. Bit much.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I imagine a comic book will come out to explain Snoke. I was enjoying him, but I think it works as a decent twist to kill him.

I think there was just too much going on in the end. Too many subplots, too many hijinks, and too many battles. The movie really felt it’s length even when it was rolling.

Also too bleak. The Resistance got its teeth kicked in so many times and it felt like literally everyone died. Bit much.
It felt like even with their depleting numbers they still somehow had plenty of people left. They lost all their bomber ships, then their three transport ships (lost fuel) then they lost a shit tonne of people in the escape pods, then a bunch more on the salt planet attack...like they already had limited numbers yet somehow had plenty left?!?!?!?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It felt like even with their depleting numbers they still somehow had plenty of people left. They lost all their bomber ships, then their three transport ships (lost fuel) then they lost a **** tonne of people in the escape pods, then a bunch more on the salt planet attack...like they already had limited numbers yet somehow had plenty left?!?!?!?

didn’t they only have enough left at the end to fill the Millenium Falcon? That is ridiculous. [/spoil]

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
didn’t they only have enough left at the end to fill the Millenium Falcon? That is ridiculous. [/spoil]

yeah anywhere from 6-12 people left. But it seemed like they only had maybe 60 at the start of the movie and maybe 20 by the time they reached the salt planet? IDK just seemed off. I know the point at the end was for them to have little numbers and have to rebuild for the next film but still

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
finished shopping.... im such a cheap person. but feels nice to know someones gonna be happy.

edit: f*** star wars....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad