HFOil Mock Entry Draft 2016 | Draft Complete!

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
:flames Select from Gatineau of the QMJHL

Vitali Abramov

articles_213517.jpg

1 - 6 - (LW) Matthew Tkachuk
2 - 5 - (LW/RW) Vitali Abramov

Next GM Notified

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
:flames Select from Gatineau of the QMJHL

Vitali Abramov

articles_213517.jpg

1 - 6 - (LW) Matthew Tkachuk
2 - 5 - (LW/RW) Vitali Abramov

Next GM Notified

Good pick, I was hoping he'd fall to me. I had him going in the top 25.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I have to go to work. If the next 4 picks go through quick I should be home by 9 and will make the pick when I get home if that works for you guys?

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I have to go to work. If the next 4 picks go through quick I should be home by 9 and will make the pick when I get home if that works for you guys?

You should be well within your clock, I don't think the next few picks are going to get rattled off here in short order. Although Im pretty sure I know who Montreal is taking here.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013

You could message Soli with a list of guys that you would want at your pick. If you want to keep things rolling.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
:habs

With the 39th overall pick the Montreal Canadiens are proud to select, from Timrå, Sweden, forward Jonathan Dahlén.

bb150911bb890-619x348.jpg

--
(1) 9th overall - Olli Juolevi (London Knights, OHL)
(2) 39th overall - Jonathan Dahlén (Timrå, Allsvenskan)
--

Have to say I'm a bit surprised he was still available. I see him as a legit 1st round pick, a pretty high one at that. I think he's one of the most underrated players in this draft and can't really understand why he hasn't been getting more attention. The only thing I can think of is lack of exposure. His game is going to translate really well to the NHL IMO. I think he's close to Nikolaj Ehlers level and if Dahlén too had played in the CHL I think he'd be a consensus 1st round pick for sure. Still weird though, Bobby Mac didn't even have him in his top60 in the mid-term rankings. I will be very interested to see where he ends up in the draft this summer. I'm a big fan anyway.

Next GM has been notified.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
You should be well within your clock, I don't think the next few picks are going to get rattled off here in short order. Although Im pretty sure I know who Montreal is taking here.

I'm pretty sure that you did, which is why I'm happy that my pick was ahead of yours :D

:sabres select....Tage Thompson

#8.........RW Alexander Nylander
#38.......C/LW Tage Thompson

next GM PM'd.

Surprised you went with two forwards with your first two picks. Would have thought you'd have used at least one pick for an LHD. Juolevi was still there at #8 and at #38 there was (is) still a couple of good ones left. Though it's hard to question Nylander and Thompson, both solid picks and could very well be BPA at those spots.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
:habs

With the 39th overall pick the Montreal Canadiens are proud to select, from Timrå, Sweden, forward Jonathan Dahlén.

bb150911bb890-619x348.jpg

--
(1) 9th overall - Olli Juolevi (London Knights, OHL)
(2) 39th overall - Jonathan Dahlén (Timrå, Allsvenskan)
--

Have to say I'm a bit surprised he was still available. I see him as a legit 1st round pick, a pretty high one at that. I think he's one of the most underrated players in this draft and can't really understand why he hasn't been getting more attention. The only thing I can think of is lack of exposure. His game is going to translate really well to the NHL IMO. I think he's close to Nikolaj Ehlers level and if Dahlén too had played in the CHL I think he'd be a consensus 1st round pick for sure. Still weird though, Bobby Mac didn't even have him in his top60 in the mid-term rankings. I will be very interested to see where he ends up in the draft this summer. I'm a big fan anyway.

Next GM has been notified.

I thought about taking him with both picks. A lot of people seem to love the guy as a prospect.

It didn't scream Winnipeg to me.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
I thought about taking him with both picks. A lot of people seem to love the guy as a prospect.

It's tough.. you want to take who you like but you also want to pick based on the needs of the team you represent. Hell, I was doing a lot of reading in the flames forum (oww my brain) and a few people were high on the guy. It would have been a reach for me to take him with my last pick though.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
:devils select from Youngstown Phantoms in the USHL,

cammorrisonteamcanada1.jpg

LW Cameron Morrison, 6'2, 205 lbs

1(11) - C Clayton Keller - USNDTP, USHL - L, 5'10, 170 lb
2(41) - LW Cameron Morrison - Youngstown Phantoms, USHL - L, 6'2, 205 lb

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

I think it's the other way around actually, Winnipeg is one of the teams I could see taking him late in the 1st. They seem to value skill above all and doesn't try to outsmart themselves and go off the board, they simple take the most skilled guy available it seems.

Like in 2013, they took the smaller skilled defenseman in Morrissey over Zadorov, Pulock and Müller (and Nic Petan in the 2nd round). In 2014 they took Ehlers over bigger forwards like Ritchie and Perlini. In 2015 they, like many other teams, had Kyle Connor fall into their lap but they were the only ones smart enough to take him. Looks like the steal of the draft right now. They also took Jack Roslovic with their late 1st round pick and he's another skill guy.

So with that history in mind I could really see them liking Dahlén with either their late 1st or early 2nd round pick. It's actually insane though what kind of talent Jets will be able to get out of this draft, AGAIN. Their prospect pool is already so deep and then you add Laine plus another two high picks at that. It's crazy.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I think it's the other way around actually, Winnipeg is one of the teams I could see taking him late in the 1st. They seem to value skill above all and doesn't try to outsmart themselves and go off the board, they simple take the most skilled guy available it seems.

Like in 2013, they took the smaller skilled defenseman in Morrissey over Zadorov, Pulock and Müller (and Nic Petan in the 2nd round). In 2014 they took Ehlers over bigger forwards like Ritchie and Perlini. In 2015 they, like many other teams, had Kyle Connor fall into their lap but they were the only ones smart enough to take him. Looks like the steal of the draft right now. They also took Jack Roslovic with their late 1st round pick and he's another skill guy.

So with that history in mind I could really see them liking Dahlén with either their late 1st or early 2nd round pick. It's actually insane though what kind of talent Jets will be able to get out of this draft, AGAIN. Their prospect pool is already so deep and then you add Laine plus another two high picks at that. It's crazy.

I figured they would opt for the big centre....it's really the only prospect they lack.

I don't know enough about these guys to really rank them BPA.

On another note; I didn't realize Nylander-McLeod-Bastian were a line. I don't know whether that is a fixture for mississauga....but that is awesome. Three righties.

Anyways....its interesting they are toying with moving Bastian to center....I'm not sure if that will continue next year.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
:sens select via PM list, from the Shawinigan Cataractes of the QMJHL, Samuel Girard!

:canes select, from the Erie Otters of the OHL, Taylor Raddysh!

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
As it always seems to go, my list got decimated early and often this morning. Happy to add the big bodied abrasive sniper to the prospect stable. I think his goal scoring totals will improve modestly next year as he inherits more of the mantle of the team. Reminds me of Senyshyn, could see a similar goal scoring spike in his draft +1.

---
:canes

1 (13th) - Michael McLeod, C, Mississauga Steelheads (OHL)
1 (23rd) - Luke Kunin, C/RW, University of Wisconsin Badgers (NCAA)
2 (43rd) - Taylor Raddysh, RW, Erie Otters (OHL)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad