HFOil Mock Entry Draft 2016 | Draft Complete!

Reginald Dunlop

Apr 8, 2014
Apologies for the delay, got hung up at work. Thanks to Soli for hosting again this year!

With their first pick in the 2016 Draft, :bolts is proud to select, from the Val-d'Or Foreurs of the QMJHL: Julien Gauthier

juniors.jpg

Next GM has been notified.

:bolts

1 (19) Julien Gauthier RW 6'4" 225 lbs.
2 (44)
2 (49)
3 (79)
4 (109)
5 (139)
6 (169)
7 (199)
7 (209)

Last edited:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
:bruins

Boston selects Kieffer Bellows

1 (14) - LD, Jake Bean (Calgary, WHL)
1 (20) - C, Kieffer Bellows (USNDT, USHL)

Last edited:

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
With the 21st overall pick the Islanders select defenseman Markus Niemeläinen - Saginaw (OHL)

Niemelainen_AB42568.jpg

Rising defensive import who is very tall and rangy. He displays an active long stick, and moreover, excellent four direction skating ability. High end hockey sense and a calm poise aid his carries, even under heavy pressure. He makes that long stretch pass very well. Has the size and feet to knock attackers off the puck, retrieve it, and get it going the other way. physical attributes. He is still adjusting to the smaller North American ice surfaces, but the ability to adjust with quick reactions, and attack and defend continue to improve with each game. The small attackers don’t really get away from him and he is intelligent when part of the attack. Still developing, with great tools and toolbox, so it may take some time,

Next GM has been notified.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Well well! We have a reach pick! Very interesting.

Currently ranked 52nd among North American skaters by Central.

:popcorn:

Evaluating the Islanders i felt that defense would be an area of focus. After looking at the group of dmen in the 20-60 range and not having a 2nd round pick i felt I had to choose between Niemeläinen, Clague, Fox, Dinnen, Girard ect. Not a big fan of Logan Stanley. To me he's gonna be similar to Oleksiak. I reached a point where i went with the guy i liked the best out of a large group of guys.

I think from my research that he's probably ranked a little too low by central scouting. I don't see a huge difference in defenseman once you get past the first 5 or 6.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Gauthier and Jones dropped hard in this mock. Bellows too.

Not far enough for any of those three...

The Carolina Hurricanes are proud to select, from the University of Wisconsin, Luke Kunin!

The Badgers have fallen on hard times but this bright spot is sure to bring excitement to the program after leading the team in goals this season as a freshman. Seeing time on the top line at both center or right wing, Kunin possesses a lightning quick release on his shot that he unleashes often.

38712November-07-2015.jpg

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Not far enough for any of those three...

The Carolina Hurricanes are proud to select, from the University of Wisconsin, Luke Kunin!

The Badgers have fallen on hard times but this bright spot is sure to bring excitement to the program after leading the team in goals this season as a freshman. Seeing time on the top line at both center or right wing, Kunin possesses a lightning quick release on his shot that he unleashes often.

38712November-07-2015.jpg

Darn I was hoping Kunin would fall to the late first round for me. Not likely at the real NHL draft but I was hoping with less exposure to Oilers fans it might happen. Oh well.

cjrw83

Dec 2, 2013
The Ducks are proud to select with the 25th overall pick - Tyler Benson from the Vancouver Giants of the WHL

Next GM has been Pmed

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
The Blues are proud to select from Farjestad, C Rasmus Asplund.

edit: Dallas GM notified and on the clock

Last edited:

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Some interesting picks.. didn't expect Mete to go first round either.

Was going to post the same thing. I still see a lot of good players available in the first round. I've got like 4 guys I'm keeping an eye on. One of them should drop to the Oilers.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
With the final pick of the first round, the Washington Capitals are very proud to select Alex DeBrincat of the Erie Otters!

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
We crushed that first round boys. Light speed.

Little bit of house keeping, RaabHart will be drafting for Chicago.

On to the next round!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad