• Other (Please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
Is there an argument for anyone other than Matthews or MacKinnon?
How would Draisaitl not have an argument? He has a more impressive individual resume than either of those two.

Everyone is raving about Matthews 60 goals while ignoring the fact that Draisaitl put up 55+55, something that hasn’t been accomplished since Lemieux did it in 1996.

Last edited:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Draisaitl is on the same tier as those two.

How would Draisaitl not have an argument? He has a more impressive individual resume than either of those two.

Everyone is raving about Matthews 60 goals while ignoring the fact that Draisaitl put up 55+55, something that hasn’t been accomplished in a couple decades.
You guys may be right, didn’t think of Draisaitl. What would your argument be for Draisaitl?

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
Old, tired, and false narrative
He's a liability defensively. It is what it is.
1661386756348.png

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
You guys may be right, didn’t think of Draisaitl. What would your argument be for Draisaitl?
He is a top 3 goal scorer (top 2 if Ovi starts slowing down) and also arguably the best playmaker in the league.

Has a Hart, Art Ross and Lindsay. One 50 goal season, one 55 goal season, two 110 point seasons (one in a shortened Covid year), and one 105 point season.

He also completely dismantled the Flames in the playoffs with 17 points in 5 games while playing on one leg. That was the most points ever scored by a player in a 5 game series in NHL history, and was only two points shy of tying the record for any length of series. If the series went to 7 games he likely would have easily beat the record of 19.

Also, I edited my last post, but his 55G+55A that he had last year was the first time that has been accomplished since Lemieux did it in 1996.

He's a liability defensively. It is what it is.
View attachment 579354
Yeah I’ll take the actual on ice results over some chart

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
He is a top 3 goal scorer (top 2 if Ovi starts slowing down) and also arguably the best playmaker in the league.

Has a Hart, Art Ross and Lindsay. One 50 goal season, one 55 goal season, two 110 point seasons (one in a shortened Covid year), and one 105 point season.

He also completely dismantled the Flames in the playoffs with 17 points in 5 games while playing on one leg. That was the most points ever scored by a player in a 5 game series in NHL history, and was only two points shy of tying the record for any length of series. If the series went to 7 games he likely would have easily beat the record of 19.

Also, I edited my last post, but his 55G+55A that he had last year was the first time that has been accomplished since Lemieux did it in 1996.

Yeah I’ll take the actual on ice results over some chart
The chart is derived from his actual on ice results.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Another argument in favour of Draisaitl is that he spent most of the season playing with subpar wingers while Mac and Matty played with all-star wingers in Rantanen and Marner respectively. Draisaitl's best winger was...Kailer Yamamoto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA