HFBoards Software Update

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
heres a preliminary theme

Install this Chrome Extension

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...es-for/fjnbnpbmkenffdnngjfgmeleoegfcffe?hl=en

Then install theme from here

https://userstyles.org/styles/148793/bba-hfboards

let me know what you'd like to see changed. Very rough right now, still making some changes and some stuff isn't done yet

Hey, thanks for the theme.

I didn't realize you were still working on it. I'm not sure if you saw it, but I posted a fix for the Bold problem on the BBA HFBoard style web page on userstyles.org (under Send Feedback). I'm not a web guy and barely know any CSS, but I think it fixes the issue. I hope it helps you out.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Haha, i didn't expect anyone to actually use this so now I have to support this thing.

Anyways, I got the bolded title changed so only new posts are bolded. Got the reply, box changed to darker color.

Also changed to to first unread message to a larger, green circle

Honestly, I have no idea if this auto updates so it might have to be updated manually through the link

Edit: Oh yeah, also increased the width of the left hand side user info so long names don't go down to two lines.

Last edited:

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Updated perfectly fine, BBA. It's coming along real nice. 224 downloads in the first 24 hours :laugh:

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Haha, i didn't expect anyone to actually use this so now I have to support this thing.

Anyways, I got the bolded title changed so only new posts are bolded. Got the reply, box changed to darker color.

Honestly, I have no idea if this auto updates so it might have to be updated manually through the link

You have to update. I've been going there all day hoping it said Update Style instead of Installed :laugh:

EDIT: The Quote and Edit boxes are still white if that's something you changed.

Love the bigger green circle!

EDIT2: It's grey before you click in it. Not sure if there's anything you can do for that.

Last edited:

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
You have to update. I've been going there all day hoping it said Update Style instead of Installed :laugh:

EDIT: The Quote and Edit boxes are still white if that's something you changed.

Love the bigger green circle!

EDIT2: It's grey before you click in it. Not sure if there's anything you can do for that.
Alright, i think it's fixed

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
What broswer are you using?

Firefox. That's probably the issue. Firefox has a weird background thing IIRC. Only certain themes would load black background at the beginning of opening a new tab for example. Most would flash white and then lay down the background when opening a new tab. I currently use LavaFox V2 Theme, which gets it right.

This is kinda the opposite. It flashes grey then reverts to white. The reply is grey when page loads, but reverts to white when you click in it. All of your other changes work just fine in FF from what I can tell.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Firefox. That's probably the issue. Firefox has a weird background thing IIRC. Only certain themes would load black background at the beginning of opening a new tab for example. Most would flash white and then lay down the background when opening a new tab. I currently use LavaFox V2 Theme, which gets it right.

This is kinda the opposite. It flashes grey then reverts to white. The reply is grey when page loads, but reverts to white when you click in it. All of your other changes work just fine in FF from what I can tell.
Yeah, Firefox renders the textboxes weird

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I finally loaded up the Stylish extension and CSS provided a few pages back and wow this looks a lot better. Thanks.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
The quick navigation feature is pretty much unusable with the chrome extension. All the forums/links are in dark indiscernible shadow (to my vision anyway) and I have to curser through slowly like a spotlight. I guess it's back to default white for now as I use this feature allot...

upload_2017-9-29_0-54-17.png

Last edited:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida

Edit: Oh yeah, also increased the width of the left hand side user info so long names don't go down to two lines.

It's the best thing to ever happen to HF Boards.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Odd. Like you, I installed the add-on and then simply clicked on that link and it gave me a warning like"This Style will be added now" and as soon as I hit OK it worked.

Got it figured out. Had to default Firefox and all is good.

Thanks man!

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
All the previous polls didn't make the transition? I'm looking around I don't even see the poll in the burger thread.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The best part of the mobile experience just went away. The little grey box in the lower right that followed as you scroll with the double "return to top" arrows was awesome. Now it's locked at the bottom just like the old version of the return to top on this site. Dumb update. That was really the only thing that I would have identified as a clearly better experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad