HFBoards Software Update

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
In user preferences, I believe "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply..." is enabled by default, so you'd see a pair of reading glasses in the same spot that you'd see sticky pins or locks. That's the best workaround there is at the moment. You'd then be able to use Watched Threads in the top tab links to see which threads have unread posts and then jump to whatever you want to read next.

Cool, it wasn't checked by default, nor did activation retro any threads, but does work now, on new posts.

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
So, I didn't update the style or anything, but it is now alternating between gray and white backgrounds for posts. It used to look like this:

avxhHMD.png

Now it looks like this, with me having done apparently nothing (except for going down to the Valley today and not checking the site from the computer at all; I did check the site from my phone while down there though):

FkecKN6.png

Any ideas? Could me having logged in from my phone messed it up (even though I browsed from my phone a bit yesterday and it didn't affect it)?

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Default theme is definitely starting to look better. I'd perhaps go back to it if it weren't for all that empty white space on the right side.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Default theme is definitely starting to look better. I'd perhaps go back to it if it weren't for all that empty white space on the right side.
Go to Home and toggle the right sidebar off. It's the four horizontal bar icon next to "open quick navigation" and that icon only appears there, unlike the quick navigation icon that's always present.

Reactions: Muppet

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Go to Home and toggle the right sidebar off. It's the four horizontal bar icon next to "open quick navigation" and that icon only appears there, unlike the quick navigation icon that's always present.
Oh brilliant, thank you.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I am intermittently seeing the much improved HF white theme and some weird bastardization of BBA's theme, even though I have the extension completely disabled. Are people still flipping switches behind the scenes?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I am intermittently seeing the much improved HF white theme and some weird bastardization of BBA's theme, even though I have the extension completely disabled. Are people still flipping switches behind the scenes?
Yes they are. They are configuring and/or release code changes daily by the looks of it. I'm noticing multiple things change per day. Mostly for the better.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Yep, in the last 3 days or so they've added red lines around posts, darker grey behind post text, And a few other things I can't remember off the top of my head. They have to get every changed approved by the people behind the curtain so it takes some time.

Static page number buttons (so you don't have to hover) and something being done about the default avatars are in the works as are larger avatar sizes.

Seems like most Coyotes posters have made it to the new site but we still have a few who haven't come back yet :(

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Are you talking about the behavior where when you click unread you end up viewing the white space below the post?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad