GDT: HFBoards GDT 12/14/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Well both the wild and leafs are to blame.

Wild just play mind numbingly boring hockey all the time.

Babcock has sucked all excitement out of the leafs so that they now are playing boring af

Reactions: La Masse

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Elliott with “strong goaltending” in a game where he only had to make 20 saves, none of which were remotely dangerous.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Tampa’s power play is a thing of beauty
Eh - Hedman could be better on the point. Hasn't been great the past 15 or so games from there. I almost would prefer to try Sergachev there.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Oilers put up 22 shots in the first on the Preda

Last edited:
Reactions: Petrus

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
22-4 shots in favour of edm after 1. hit post. Shades of the leafs the other night?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Flyers have won 5 in a row. They have also won 5 of their last 15 games. 5-5-5 and over .500 in point percentage during a 6-week span that included a 10-game losing streak. 2 points out of the playoffs.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
22-4 shots in favour of edm after 1. hit post. Shades of the leafs the other night?

Maybe. But a lot of their shots had no traffic in front and/or were late rotating. But they certainly brought the effort and created chances.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
well I was right about the Leafs game. I can't stand the way Babcock has us playing and we would not have the winning record that we do if not for absurd goaltending and luck

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Im sure it’s been done already, but good god a PP unit of

Stamkos
Kucherov
Namestnikov
Hedman
Sergachev

Is unbelievable.
We don't use two Dmen on a PP. One D 4F, and that works really well for us (obviously). Killorn is a pretty good option in the slot - hasn't scored a lot this year but if he gets some space he can rip a good shot, and he's a pretty big body.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
We don't use two Dmen on a PP. One D 4F, and that works really well for us (obviously). Killorn is a pretty good option in the slot - hasn't scored a lot this year but if he gets some space he can rip a good shot, and he's a pretty big body.

I figured that was the case. Arizona does the same, however we end up stringing two passes together and the second one is to the opposing team and the pucks out or in our net.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
well I was right about the Leafs game. I can't stand the way Babcock has us playing and we would not have the winning record that we do if not for absurd goaltending and luck
I hated playing the Red Wings in the playoffs. Games were intense, but Babcock has an underrated boring system. It just didn't seem as boring when you have Datsyuk and Lidstrom out there.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I hated playing the Red Wings in the playoffs. Games were intense, but Babcock has an underrated boring system. It just didn't seem as boring when you have Datsyuk and Lidstrom out there.
It is boring and that bothers me as a fan, but the worst part is it wouldn't even be successful if we didn't get ~.950 sv% goaltending and a high team shooting percentage. We actually allow more high danger scoring chances than we do at the start of the year even though we were supposed to have tightened up defensively

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad