Poll: Do you want Boston or Toronto to win?

Who are you rooting for?

• Boston

Votes: 265 78.2%
  • Toronto

Votes: 74 21.8%

• Total voters

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Oddly enough, this is almost entirely why I don't mind the Bruins winning. Just a top notch organization that is impossible not to respect at this point. That they have only one championship to show for it isn't representative of how good they've been.

I don't have much of anything against the Leafs but watching them croak early every season is just too fun much at this point. The Leafs board on sunday morning was a must read.
The Leafs rivalry feels more cultural- they dominate the Canadian media landscape, Habs are our team. Bruins rivalry is more or less, they’ve kicked our ass a ton of times, we’ve kicked theirs even more, overcoming that bruins hump in the post season just means more. Absolutely hated that classic Bruins roster- Chara, Lucic, Marchand & co.- probably more than I’ve hated any other pro athletes, but you look back at those years and what those guys have accomplished, (barring lucic for other reasons), you have to respect what they did. That type of nasty rivalry is important for the sport and it’s important for the team.

Reactions: HabzSauce

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Can't vote for the Bruins. But chances the Leafs get worst with Treliving trying to change the core is good for the Habs.

The Leafs rivalry feels more cultural- they dominate the Canadian media landscape, Habs are our team. Bruins rivalry is more or less, they’ve kicked our ass a ton of times, we’ve kicked theirs even more, overcoming that bruins hump in the post season just means more. Absolutely hated that classic Bruins roster- Chara, Lucic, Marchand & co.- probably more than I’ve hated any other pro athletes, but you look back at those years and what those guys have accomplished, (barring lucic for other reasons), you have to respect what they did. That type of nasty rivalry is important for the sport and it’s important for the team.
It's fun to beat them, not watch them lose.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
I know some fans say there’s not many hateful players on the Bruins anymore, other than the Rat, but my hate goes back so far. While a player like Bob Sweeney came later in my formative years of Bruin hate, I mean, how can any self respecting Habs fan not want to punch this face with this ridiculous grin?

View attachment 861694

I used to get legit mad whenever i saw this hockey card while sifting through my collection. Whenever anyone asks about what I hate about the Bruins, somehow, THIS picture is always the first thing I remember.

TBF he kinda looks like Gallagher who has a similar smirk. I would assume his face is just as punchable to other fan bases.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Things will go nuclear in TO if they go out in the first round again. Especially out in 5 games.

I'm here for it to sit back and enjoy the nuclear wasteland.

dfd2f969864be630cce5a169e877bcee69385a4a.gifv

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Figs can crash age burn
Screw them all and their Media

Bottom line, it all comes down to respect. Despite the hate, for better or worse the Bruins have earned some respect throughout our rivalry. There's not one thing about the Leafs to respect, almost 60 years of futility and failure, and not one damn redeemable quality about that organization or it's players. Seriously is there genuinely one likeable player on that squad?

Their media and fans despite this, just makes it worse making them even more unlikeable.

I just cannot stand that franchise or what it represents.

Hockey Mecca wannabes and full fledged pretenders. All hype without any substance.

"Canada's team" my ass.

Last edited:
Reactions: HabzSauce

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
What's all this silly talk about respect? How can one say " f*** the Bruins" and respect them at the same time? Not happening here, f*** the Bruins forever and ever.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
690 says nostrils on the ice and left , out there very short
its not stomach , he is hurt
SN showed him struggling to skate at the end of the 2nd period and never came back

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

RandR

May 15, 2011
I have been cheering for the Bruins this series. Living in Canada and consuming Canadian media simply makes it far easier to not pay attention to any stupid or obnoxious fans from Boston compared to Toronto if one of them wins a few rounds.

To give just one example, articles on the Sportsnet website have a comments section and during the season whenever Eric Engels writes his regular beat story about the Habs there are almost always a few stupid Leaf fans that have nothing better to do than to comment dismissively as if Habs fans (whom those articles are mostly aimed at) have no reason to be optimistic about anything going on with the team these days. If the Leafs ever were to win anything before the Habs become a playoff team those idiots will be further emboldened to be obnoxious.

As for the media, Toronto is the largest market and the English Canadian sports media is based there, but there are 2 teams in the West that have a better shot at going far this year than the Leafs. So the sooner the Leafs are out the better so the media can switch their dominant focus to whichever western Canadian team(s) are still in it.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Does Nostrils have the poopies ? Why is sweetie not playing? No safe space in the away dressing rooms at Boston arena ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad