HF Official Devils '17-18 Ticket/All Things Pru Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Tuesday’s game cratered on the secondary market too but that was less surprising. There were still fannies in the seats at the end of the day though so the weekday excuse doesn’t come into play when the price point is cheap enough lol
And it's not that odd really. If you have work both the day of and the day after the game, do I want to drive an hour, and pay $100? or do I watch the big screen at home? Now if the night cost's me half that price? It def changes the equation.

I don't know how much the cheaper price would entice parents with kids though. On the one hand it could save a family a couple hundred dollars. On the other bringing the family out on a work/school night is just not going to happen, at least consistently, no matter the price.

I mean, if I worked in the city, and my commute got me home about 6pm, would I want to gather up the kids and get back in the car, get back on the turnpike, and drive another hour to watch a hockey game? and then not get home till about 11pm when I'm up at 6am the next morning? Probably not.

I'm guessing for most teams the target fanbase for weeknight games is people without kids?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Still have a ticket for tonight in exchange for coffee (send me a Dunkin or Starbucks gift card, whatever amount you feel like giving). PM me your email and I'll send it to you.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) CHIEF KEEFE
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
At the same time though, the basketball capacity remains unchanged. Still that 18,000 number.

The 18,711 includes every single possible seat in basketball configuration, which includes the luxury boxes and the additional seating where the hockey goals would be. Seton Hall, however, lists their capacity at 10,481 which is the lower bowl only, and I don't think that number includes any luxury boxes they may sell.

It's conceivable that a center-stage concert could flirt with 20,000 in the Rock including the floor, but I don't know the fire codes.

I've gone to games by myself and it's kind of therapeutic.

That's cool. I've done that too, for both Devils and Yankees, as well as Devils/Rangers at MSG. I'll tell friends who are casual fans that I've done that and they look at me like I have three heads.

This game epitomizes why I may never buy season tickets.

Well, the fact that the first and second rounds of the playoffs are cheaper than NYR games is a thing for me.

Also, I get that you can find some cheapies, but I find it hilarious that there's 200s on StubHub for over $60 for this game. I sit in the fourth row of the defend-twice balcony and pay substantially less than what some of these assclown brokers try to list the worst seats in the rink for on a near-nightly basis, but I think that also speaks volumes about how overpriced individual game tickets are.

I was also able to sell about ten games and the only ticket I wasted all year was a single preseason ticket against the Caps.

Owning season tickets is something that obviously needs be evaluated on a variety of criteria. (e.g. I work in Jersey City and consistently get home by 10:30 so going to weeknight games is feasible. I also bring my dad to many of the games and for those nights he pays for everything but the tickets so it's quite symbiotic. :laugh:)

Last edited:

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Got this email today after buying strips earlier in the week when they went on sale:
Thank you for purchasing a New Jersey Devils 16-game strip for the 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs. We are very excited to share this moment with you as the Devils make a push for the postseason.
We noticed that you paid full price for your 16-game strip(s), which is up to $X more than you would have paid in total if you are a current Devils Member.
Good news! If you purchase a Membership for the 2018-19 season, we will credit this amount toward the cost of your membership.
If you would like to take advantage of this offer, you have until Wednesday, April 4.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well it's better than saying 10% off season tickets which it probably is without actually having 'sth playoff prices' compared to 'strip playoff prices' in front of me. Say it's $10 per game more in a 100's defending level seat if you buy a strip as opposed to season tickets...that's $320, that's about 10% off your next year's invoice.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Well it's better than saying 10% off season tickets which it probably is without actually having 'sth playoff prices' compared to 'strip playoff prices' in front of me. Say it's $10 per game more in a 100's defending level seat if you buy a strip as opposed to season tickets...that's $320, that's about 10% off your next year's invoice.
It’s actually less I think. See the amount they quoted me was about $270 per ticket (for a lower level defend section), but that is based on all 16 games being played I’m sure. So right off the bat we know the maximum number of games they can play at home is 12. And given that they’re a wildcard team, winning more than a round is questionable at best. So if they make 2 rounds, the credit they’ll apply is going to be a small fraction of the number they quote. It’s a great tactic but it also borders on false advertising.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It’s actually less I think. See the amount they quoted me was about $270 per ticket (for a lower level defend section), but that is based on all 16 games being played I’m sure. So right off the bat we know the maximum number of games they can play at home is 12. And given that they’re a wildcard team, winning more than a round is questionable at best. So if they make 2 rounds, the credit they’ll apply is going to be a small fraction of the number they quote. It’s a great tactic but it also borders on false advertising.

Well yeah but they could also add the credit for the unplayed games along with the 'sth savings' to the sth credit for the next season.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Well yeah but they could also add the credit for the unplayed games along with the 'sth savings' to the sth credit for the next season.
Meh I’ll take the refund :)

I used to live in Jersey City so I would have considered it back then, but I live in Brooklyn now so I definitely wouldn’t have use for season tickets.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Who do you lot ysusally go to games with?
I’ll go by myself simply because my brother only goes to playoff games because he sees regular season as a waste of money and most of my friends aren’t devils fans or willing to pay the combo of tickets train and arena booze. Going by yourself encourages you to interact with those around you out of loneliness however :laugh:

Reactions: sabremike

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
If you have 2018-2019 season tickets then you get 22% off playoff tickets for this season.

After thinking long and hard for the last month or 2 i decided to get back into being a season ticket holder and finalized it today. Now i just have to decided about the playoffs this year.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
If you have 2018-2019 season tickets then you get 22% off playoff tickets for this season.

After thinking long and hard for the last month or 2 i decided to get back into being a season ticket holder and finalized it today. Now i just have to decided about the playoffs this year.

If we make the playoffs it's the first time in 6 years, what's there to think about? Do it! :laugh:

Hopefully it's in a few weeks, but that first playoff home game is long overdue. For a lot of fans, from the mid 1990s-2012, the playoffs were expected so for many of those fans that weren't around prior, this is new waters in the sense that it is an anticipation many haven't had in their time as fans for the team.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
:eyeroll:
If we make the playoffs it's the first time in 6 years, what's there to think about? Do it! :laugh:

Hopefully it's in a few weeks, but that first playoff home game is long overdue. For a lot of fans, from the mid 1990s-2012, the playoffs were expected so for many of those fans that weren't around prior, this is new waters in the sense that it is an anticipation many haven't had in their time as fans for the team.

I was so guilty of this. Growing up, I barely followed the standings and just waited for the playoffs, like the regular season was a tedious formality :eyeroll:

Then I get season tickets and in my first 9 years they only make the playoffs 3 times... :eyeroll:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
:eyeroll:

I was so guilty of this. Growing up, I barely followed the standings and just waited for the playoffs, like the regular season was a tedious formality :eyeroll:

Then I get season tickets and in my first 9 years they only make the playoffs 3 times... :eyeroll:

If we miss the playoffs again this year please cancel your tickets, thanks.

Reactions: Colin226

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County

Had them for the last year at Continental and first 2 at Pru center. Youre right i did expect the playoffs and we went to those games. In 2012 I went to at least 1 home game in each series. I know I'll end up doing it, i dont have the willpower to say no!

dbv

Jul 5, 2006

False advertising? You mean like the term “buy back”? Which is really just a credit?

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

False advertising? You mean like the term “buy back”? Which is really just a credit?

That's why reading the FAQs and T&C is a must. Then if there are still questions, get an answer in writing. The Devils don't have an exclusive on marketing ploys. It happens everywhere, every day.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Had them for the last year at Continental and first 2 at Pru center. Youre right i did expect the playoffs and we went to those games. In 2012 I went to at least 1 home game in each series. I know I'll end up doing it, i dont have the willpower to say no!

2012 was an expensive spring, but something I'll always remember, which at the end of the day is what matters.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
DTI has large chunks of tix in Sections 6 and 13 at such inflated prices that they will be unsold and empty for such an important and high demand game.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
DTI has large chunks of tix in Sections 6 and 13 at such inflated prices that they will be unsold and empty for such an important and high demand game.

Plenty of time to buy for tonight so I'm not too worried they wont sell. If the Isles were anywhere near a playoff spot their fans would have a much greater presence at the game tonight but the only ones I imagine coming are the fans who bought early in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad