HF Official Devils '17-18 Ticket/All Things Pru Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
From Midtown you have two options:

1) Go to NY Penn Station and take NJ Transit two stops to Newark Penn (various trains go there, just don't go on the train to Newark Broad Street). From there it is a short walk to the arena. This costs about $5 each way.

2) Walk to Herald Square and take the PATH train from 33rd street to Newark Penn. That will cost you $5.50 for a round trip and is probably your best option.

Hope that helps!
Worth mentioning that option two involves taking two separate trains each way.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Sure it does, thanks!

As to your question about Union City, unfortunately that's a bit more tricky to access via public transportation but it is doable. There is a light rail service available for a separate fare that stops at Bergenline Avenue in Union City available above ground at the Hoboken PATH station, which is a stop along the aforementioned weekend PATH train journey you would take from Manhattan to Newark.

I will agree though that NJ Transit commuter rail from New York Penn two stops to Newark Penn is the easier option for going directly from Manhattan to Newark for someone unfamiliar with the transit setup around here.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Hey guys, I had to buy a pair of tickets. I have an extra in section 8 row 3, I think it comes with access to the lounge . Highest offer gets the ticket and gets to go to the game with me. A good ol' canadian boi

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Ticket prices are holding above what Marty's retirement night went for. Pretty impressive. Although not having a Saturday night, divisional opponent probably hurt Brodeur's night I would think.

If any of you still need tickets the Devils have been slowly releasing lower level tickets this morning but they're obviously dynamically priced to reflect the market so no real discount compared to the secondary.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I don't know people thought tickets wouldn't remain high. This is realistically our last retirement banner ceremony for the next 10-15 years if not longer.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Only 89 seats remain on stubhub.

Definitely a game of chicken until the ceremony starts.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Ticket prices are holding above what Marty's retirement night went for. Pretty impressive. Although not having a Saturday night, divisional opponent probably hurt Brodeur's night I would think.

If any of you still need tickets the Devils have been slowly releasing lower level tickets this morning but they're obviously dynamically priced
to reflect the market so no real discount compared to the secondary.

For Marty night, the tickets were open to the general public and the game was then announced. So a lot of supply was already out in the market and was bought QUICK once the game was announced. Had that not been the case Marty prices definitely >>>> Elias prices.

For Elias night, the Devils held these tickets tightly, intentionally keeping available tickets low & selling in dribs & drabs, as well as doing the mafia tactic of forcing people to buy game packages to games they dont want to go to, solely so they can buy Elias tickets at below kidney donor prices. They did that for Marty night too, but they didnt hold anywhere near the kind of ticket supply they had for Elias night given for Elias night the Devils knew the date BEFORE tickets were on-sale'd.

Add it up, and the Devils made more on this game than a playoff game, though I question the long-term logic of the tactic of artificially monkeying with the market. Personally, I dont care, it's business, but I know a decent number of people who this pisses off.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
For Marty night, the tickets were open to the general public and the game was then announced. So a lot of supply was already out in the market and was bought QUICK once the game was announced. Had that not been the case Marty prices definitely >>>> Elias prices.

For Elias night, the Devils held these tickets tightly, intentionally keeping available tickets low & selling in dribs & drabs, as well as doing the mafia tactic of forcing people to buy game packages to games they dont want to go to, solely so they can buy Elias tickets at below kidney donor prices. They did that for Marty night too, but they didnt hold anywhere near the kind of ticket supply they had for Elias night given for Elias night the Devils knew the date BEFORE tickets were on-sale'd.

Add it up, and the Devils made more on this game than a playoff game, though I question the long-term logic of the tactic of artificially monkeying with the market. Personally, I dont care, it's business, but I know a decent number of people who this pisses off.

The Patty Pack wasn't a bad deal since it included some marquee games and even a Rangers game if I remember correctly.

As of 1:45 only 73 remain.

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
I did a holiday pack and got this game and the golden knights game. Could I have gotten the tickets a la carte and beaten the plan price? Probably. However, buying 6 games in advance obligated me to go and put these events on the calendar and guaranteed me seeing some live hockey.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I know it's a loooong shot, but if anyone is looking to unload 1 at a reasonable price to a somewhat pleasant, life-long devils fan please pm me.

If you are a beer drinker and spend any amount of time near the Barclays Center, perks/bartering can definitely be included.

Cheers!

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Out of curiosity, what's the price floor for STH next season?

Pretty sure I'm the non grandfathered floor in the highest rows of the defend twice balconies. My invoice is just a hair under $1,300 for my one seat, which breaks out to $29.55 over 44 games.

I originally did not factor in the preseasons and divided by 41 games instead. However, the sale of the rags preseason game the last few seasons pays for the whole bunch so I'm content dividing by 44 games now (although I think there were only 2 home preseasons this season).

It's gone up from about $1,000 a seat, or $22.72 over 44 games, since I signed up in 2012.

Reactions: kyle evs48

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
Only two preseason games next year also, thankfully, with one home game in Europe.

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
Knights tickets for Sunday turning out to be the most expensive non-Ranger non-Elias night game of the year. Wonder if it's cause it's the only other weekend matinee game of the year, the way the knights are playing, or a bobblehead day that's causing this?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Knights tickets for Sunday turning out to be the most expensive non-Ranger non-Elias night game of the year. Wonder if it's cause it's the only other weekend matinee game of the year, the way the knights are playing, or a bobblehead day that's causing this?

All 3, but a weekend matinee pulls the most weight.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

All 3, but a weekend matinee pulls the most weight.

Agreed - all of the above. It wouldn't surprise me if the marketing department chose this game for the bobblehead thinking Vegas would suck and not giving real serious consideration that the Devils would be where they are in the standings, regardless that it's a weekend matinee game.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
A lot of parents intentionally buy tickets to weekend matinee games, and given it's the only one, that's definitely the driver.

So I'd put that breakdown as 85% matinee, 10% bobblehead, 5 Las Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad