OT: HF Jets Lounge | HFBoards: Putting strain on relationships since 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
I know I'm an eternal optimist, and that my glass is always at least half full, but it seems that the Jets and Bombers have more negative fans per capita than any other city in Canada, or am I just not seeing the overload of negativity from other fan bases?

I'll swear there's fans that take a good measure of glee from Jets and Bombers losses - to say I told you so, or to reinforce their feelings of superiority I'm not sure, but reading comments here and on the WFP articles it's almost as if some fans absolutely relish the thought of both teams being cellar dwellers. Do these negative fans enjoy being so negative? I don't, and I really struggle to understand such overt negativity.

I know I'm not wearing "rose-coloured glasses". I'm not of the opinion that either team has/is done/doing very well; there are grave areas of concern with the Bombers, and the Jets are well below my expectations for this point in the season, but I NEVER want to see a team tank for draft prospects, and I always expect maximum effort for every game. I want each and every player to do their best and improve their games; even Pavelec, should he turn his game around, could exit the proverbial doghouse IMO.

I want to cheer, not jeer.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I know I'm an eternal optimist, and that my glass is always at least half full, but it seems that the Jets and Bombers have more negative fans per capita than any other city in Canada, or am I just not seeing the overload of negativity from other fan bases?

I'll swear there's fans that take a good measure of glee from Jets and Bombers losses - to say I told you so, or to reinforce their feelings of superiority I'm not sure, but reading comments here and on the WFP articles it's almost as if some fans absolutely relish the thought of both teams being cellar dwellers. Do these negative fans enjoy being so negative? I don't, and I really struggle to understand such overt negativity.

I know I'm not wearing "rose-coloured glasses". I'm not of the opinion that either team has/is done/doing very well; there are grave areas of concern with the Bombers, and the Jets are well below my expectations for this point in the season, but I NEVER want to see a team tank for draft prospects, and I always expect maximum effort for every game. I want each and every player to do their best and improve their games; even Pavelec, should he turn his game around, could exit the proverbial doghouse IMO.

I want to cheer, not jeer.

I just want the team to play well and win games. I don't go looking for things to pick at just for the sake of it. I get so exasperated at those contrarian fans who delight in the losses, just so they can come out and beak off for the world to hear. There are a few people who do that regularly here, and I grow weary of it.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Dang it hammer, you made me cry.

I was a skeptic before the MTS Centre was built. I didn't think the city would ever get the nhl back. I didn't even feel like a true Winnipegger back then either (as I had moved from Vancouver in 2000 after being there 10 years). Ever since the Jets came back I realized how much Winnipeg is home and how great our city really is. (errr most of the time. Transit is another story).

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Computer parts came today. Waiting on the new PSU, but the rest of it is there. Couldn't sleep, so I spent time putting the new parts in the new tower. I'm finding out why the tower is only $50. The tower feels very flimsy, but it's a very light weight aluminum. I like the tooless drive installation, but it took me a couple of minutes to find the tabs that release the expansion bay covers.

I'm not happy with the I/O port bay that came with my motherboard. It's what I spent the most time on because it looked like the machine didn't press the top of the port properly. I managed to *****/slice the tip of my finger on a piece of aluminum in the I/O port while putting the motherboard in. I really hate putting the CPU in because it's such a delicate procedure. They decided to make it worse for me. The pins are now on the motherboard instead of the chip, so you can no longer rely on having the pins fall into the holes proper.

I haven't put the video card in yet, as I took a break for supper with my Dad.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Computer parts came today. Waiting on the new PSU, but the rest of it is there. Couldn't sleep, so I spent time putting the new parts in the new tower. I'm finding out why the tower is only $50. The tower feels very flimsy, but it's a very light weight aluminum. I like the tooless drive installation, but it took me a couple of minutes to find the tabs that release the expansion bay covers.

I'm not happy with the I/O port bay that came with my motherboard. It's what I spent the most time on because it looked like the machine didn't press the top of the port properly. I managed to *****/slice the tip of my finger on a piece of aluminum in the I/O port while putting the motherboard in. I really hate putting the CPU in because it's such a delicate procedure. They decided to make it worse for me. The pins are now on the motherboard instead of the chip, so you can no longer rely on having the pins fall into the holes proper.

I haven't put the video card in yet, as I took a break for supper with my Dad.

Hang in there! Will be fun when it's done. The note about the case: that's why I always spend a reasonable amount of money on the case. The one I've got now I've actually had for 6 years - it's a beast, and well constructed (solid, no tools required, etc). You can always re-use good cases.

That said, once it's all buttoned up, there's no diff in performance.

What game are you going to fire up first when the build is done?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Hang in there! Will be fun when it's done. The note about the case: that's why I always spend a reasonable amount of money on the case. The one I've got now I've actually had for 6 years - it's a beast, and well constructed (solid, no tools required, etc). You can always re-use good cases.

That said, once it's all buttoned up, there's no diff in performance.

What game are you going to fire up first when the build is done?

Probably Civ V. :laugh:

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
I have an Acer AIO that's dying on me. It served it's purpose well the last 2 1/2 years for poker and browsing but I do miss PC gaming. Well, it can run Wizardy 8 but ...umm...yeah:help:

Kinjero

Aug 9, 2011
YSJ
Is there anyway to get the ads at the bottom of each page to shut the **** off? Really starting to drive me. :rant:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Is there anyway to get the ads at the bottom of each page to shut the **** off? Really starting to drive me. :rant:

Yes there is and its amazing!

I think its become a sponsor and it was really inexpensive for the luxury....YWGinYYZ hooked me up!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Yes there is and its amazing!

I think its become a sponsor and it was really inexpensive for the luxury....YWGinYYZ hooked me up!

Yup: $12 for the year, which goes to help pay for various maintenance / servers, etc for HFboards. For the low, low cost of $0.033 per day, you can have a lovely ad free experience.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Yup: $12 for the year, which goes to help pay for various maintenance / servers, etc for HFboards. For the low, low cost of $0.033 per day, you can have a lovely ad free experience.

Or, conversely, become a mod (though I really don't recommend that option)

Also, suckerrrrrrrrr ^^^^^^ :laugh:

Kinjero

Aug 9, 2011
YSJ

seems a little steep :sarcasm: Really though, I haven't paid much attention beyond HF Jets. Had no idea, thanks :laugh:

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Water main breaks at the tip of a ***** shaped church in DIXon, Illinois. You can't make this **** up

BYLBgi7IQAAUED3.jpg:large

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad