HF Fantasy Mock Draft Discussion (Trades/Suggestions)

Should we do 2 round entry draft after main draft?

• Total voters

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
How are we doing the voting?

We are doing rankings for each division. Top 4 from each division move onto the playoffs. Then we will be doing head to head polls in the playoffs until the Stanley Cup Champion is decided.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Playoff matchups. No one voted today, time to move along.

:vegas (1) vs. :hawks (WC2)
:kings (2) vs. :nucks (3)
SEATTLE (1) vs. :nashville (WC1)
:jets (2) vs. :stars (3)
-------------------------------

:rangers (1) vs. :cbj (WC2)
:sens (1) vs. :habs (WC1)
:wings (2) vs. :sabres (3)
:flyers (2) vs. :canes (3)

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Im pretty sure your math is wrong. In the west you picked the same averages but the divisions dont have the same numbers of teams.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
1297823336935_ORIGINAL.jpg

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Im pretty sure your math is wrong. In the west you picked the same averages but the divisions dont have the same numbers of teams.
All that resembles is that it's harder to make the playoffs in divisions with more teams in it (no different than the real NHL).

I'm no math major, but I think that's the closest approach to calculating a "points system." The number of teams doesn't matter for ranking each division because you use number of votes. If you know the math required to factor in the difference between divisions with 7 team and ones with 8 be my guest. That's advanced and honestly probably would not influence it much.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Also I think the fact that certain people decided to only vote in their division, or two divisions instead of all 4 has more effect on the rankings then #of teams in divisions. But again, 1-2 more votes isn't going to change the average much at all when there is already 13-15 and they're fairly consistent.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
What I think is a mistake is throwing a wild card into this. With the average rank method of calculating Im pretty sure the division with the fewer teams will have the wild card in it most of the time. Fewer teams = smaller variance.

I dont mean to blame you though I guess no one else would have done the work if you hadnt.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad