OT: HF Canes Fantasy Football: that dumb handegg league

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
quick fantasy question.

i didn't protect any of my rb's in my other fantasy idp keeper league i do because last year i had fred jackson, bobby rainey and trent richardson :laugh::cry:

i have the following right now as far as protected players go:

qb: jay cutler
rb:
rb:
wr: andre johnson
wr: emmanuel sanders
te: greg olsen
wr/te: dwayne allen
k: steven hauschka

and wr allen robinson on my bench

i have a trade set up that will allow me to get two of the following three: melvin gordon, todd gurley and t.j. yeldon. think i am leaning yeldon + gordon.

what do y'all think? gurley's running style scares me a bit at the pro level and yeldon had a p bad case of the fumbles at alabama. gordon seems like he will be the best of the three, but the other two i am not so sure of. gurley's injuries also concern me a bit which is why i am leaning yeldon w/ my 2nd choice.

also, someone should pick a draft date for our league so i can make sure to book it off.

you are screwed

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I generally like to wait until after the preseason, but we can do it before week 4 if everyone wants. How about Tuesday September 1st?

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
What time works best for you, CI? As far as I know, you're the only one that's not in the eastern time zone.

anything really. for the next couple weeks i have literally 0 commitments on monday or tuesday. any mon or tue from here on out until the season starts, any time works, if it's any other day, i can still make it work, just would need a bit of a heads up to cover my bases as it were.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Is it set up? I don't think I've seen a link to re-join yet.

just go to espn's fantasy site and it will be on the rite hand side.

11921903_10153448651360709_2434991692254024235_o.jpg

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
Well my keeper league just **** the bed and the draft hasn't even happened yet. Both Nelson and Benjamin out with torn ACLs.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Went ahead and randomized the draft order so people can have a bit of time to prepare. You should have received an email from the order generator, just as a way to make sure I didn't rig the order. I used the emails I had in my PMs (dating back 2 years for some of you), so if you didn't get the email, it may be an older email address.

Pick #1 - Fightin' Fenwicks
Pick #2 - Green Eggs and Cam
Pick #3 - Ronnie Franchises
Pick #4 - Steel City Maulers
Pick #5 - Carolina's Identity
Pick #6 - the really good best team
Pick #7 - Team Novacane
Pick #8 - Anton Dubinchuk
Pick #9 - TheOllieC
Pick #10 - What the Faulk
Pick #11 - THE Head Goose
Pick #12 - Charlotte's Twin Towers

And just as a reminder, our draft is scheduled for next Tuesday at 8 PM, let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Last edited:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Just got offered Antonio Brown and Colby Fleener for Greg Olsen and Paul Posluszny.

I have Dwayne Allen and Andre Johnson on my team already, so as much as I love Brown, I'm nervous about having three Colts.

Thoughts?

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Just got offered Antonio Brown and Colby Fleener for Greg Olsen and Paul Posluszny.

I have Dwayne Allen and Andre Johnson on my team already, so as much as I love Brown, I'm nervous about having three Colts.

Thoughts?

what in the world...

take the trade and run.

antonio brown is great. fleener and olsen are a wash. posluszny is a linebacker, so he's a nice piece but who cares idps are almost always replaceable.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I wouldn't say Olsen and Fleener are at all a wash (Olsen should put up huge numbers with no Benjamin) but Brown more than makes up the difference, especially if it's PPR

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I wouldn't say Olsen and Fleener are at all a wash (Olsen should put up huge numbers with no Benjamin) but Brown more than makes up the difference, especially if it's PPR

it's not ppr, but the difference between olsen and dwayne allen (my other te) is only 18 points according to espn, no way i'm gonna start fleener over allen and not gonna use him as a flex either, since i also have andre johnson and emmanuel sanders.

he can sit on my bench w/ allen robinson in case of injuries and i will go w/:

wr1: brown
wr2: johnson
wr/te: sanders
te: allen

i accepted the trade btw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad