• No no no no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
This kid has some serious speed, and can create some offense...Chucky was the more natural goal scorer, but Domi can set people up...

Not a fan of MB at all, but let's just see what happens.............

But again, a trade that changes wingers for god's sake...and AZ looks like they will play 27 at centre...god help us.

Reactions: Habs Icing

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
As much as I don't like the trade I still hope he does well. I'm never going to cheer against a hab. Best of luck because he is going to need it.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
You might even get to play with this guy. Fun!

jQCdwDO.png

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
I understand that at face value it looks like we lost the trade in terms of value, but there's a good chance Domi will be a good fit for our team. He's a really good player, he's young, and I was surprised to learn his PPG was similar to Chucky's. I admit to not having seen him play much though.

What do you think Domi will contribute to the team? Play-making? PP points?

DOMI IS A PERFECT FIT. Our team can't score goals and neither can he. MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN.

Reactions: Peanut and PhysicX

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
He's going to get the same treatment on this board as Drouin got this year

I don’t think so. While there will be some expectations, it won’t be on the level of Drouin. Drouin was expected to make us a lot more dangerous up front. I don’t think people expect the same offence from Max.

I’ll go ahead and say it now. Domi is going to have the better season overall than Drouin in 2018-2019.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Chayka: Hey Max! You've been traded.

Domi: Really? *fist pump*

Chayka: Pack your bags. You're going to Montreal. *Trollolololol lololoool lololoool yahahahahaaaaaa*

Get ready to have your attitude and character challenged by our bottom-feeding organization.

Reactions: Peanut

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
The grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side of the Habs fence. Arizona is full of rolling stones and moss. Case in point. Alexander Burmistrov was a top prospect with the Thrashers (Winnipeg Jets 2) who was finally traded (to the Coyotes) with the pundits saying he would flourish in the desert.

Alexander Burmistrov

Burmistrov with the Jets in 2016
Born21 October 1991 (age 26)
Kazan, Russian SFSR,
Soviet Union
Height6 ft 1 in (185 cm)
Weight180 lb (82 kg; 12 st 12 lb)
PositionCentre
ShootsLeft
KHL team
Former teams
Ak Bars Kazan
Atlanta Thrashers
Winnipeg Jets
Arizona Coyotes
Vancouver Canucks
National team
23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png
Russia
NHL Draft8th overall, 2010
Atlanta Thrashers
Playing career2008–present
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Alexander Olegovich Burmistrov
Pathetic comparison. Burmistrov never had a season above 30 points. If he succeeded, it would be if could produce on a third line with 30 points like Matt Cooke.

Also, then-Bruin Colin Miller injured Burmistrov and he had to be stretchered off the ice.

Galchenyuk is not even a Russian national. He has posted 20 goals consistently and even hit 30 once. If Keller is on Pacioretty's level or better, Galchenyuk can hit 30 again being Keller's center.

Reactions: Peanut

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Chayka: Hey Max! You've been traded.

Domi: Really? *fist pump*

Chayka: Pack your bags. You're going to Montreal. *Trollolololol lololoool lololoool yahahahahaaaaaa*

Get ready to have your attitude and character challenged by our bottom-feeding organization.
More like "Full contact at strip clubs? Hell yeah!!!!"

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I don’t think so. While there will be some expectations, it won’t be on the level of Drouin. Drouin was expected to make us a lot more dangerous up front. I don’t think people expect the same offence from Max.

I’ll go ahead and say it now. Domi is going to have the better season overall than Drouin in 2018-2019.
It is not a guarantee they had top 6 envisioned for Domi. They might think Danault or Pleky is still out 2C solution and Domi's is the result of Bergevin's ego trying to find someone better than Lars Eller for our 3C slot.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Getting him is not the problem. Fine to have him on my team. No problem with that. The trade in itself is the problem. Not acquiring Domi.

Reactions: Habs Icing

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
At least this makes us worse for next season, I'm already hopeful for a disastrous roster being iced.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I like Max and wish him well. I think he'll turn his game around and be a solid player for us. Hopefully Hab nation gives him a chance instead of burning him at the stake like every other player that comes here.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I dont endorse the trade but the worst paty is Domi will be crapped on all season and activly cheered to fail and play bad.

Domis a hab so i will cheer him on but he is going to have to break out big time or its going to be a very long season.

Reactions: Deebs

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Getting him is not the problem. Fine to have him on my team. No problem with that. The trade in itself is the problem. Not acquiring Domi.
In a vacuum, ok. But here, it IS actually problem, Domi's just more of the same. And illustrates just how visionless MB is on a team-building standpoint.

How many perimeter 2nd line wingers "who play dey right way" and aren't shooting threats does one team need? Trop c'est comme pas assez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad