• No no no no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
There is no evidence that retaliation or fighting does anything to reduce injuries.

We'll see when the two teams play again. I doubt anyone will be stretchered off, but the Panthers aren't a team afraid to throw down. I think it's going to be a penalty-filled game with all kinds of chippyness and scraps. Ekblad will probably not fight, but somebody is going after Domi next game.

RandR

May 15, 2011
We'll see when the two teams play again. I doubt anyone will be stretchered off, but the Panthers aren't a team afraid to throw down. I think it's going to be a penalty-filled game with all kinds of chippyness and scraps. Ekblad will probably not fight, but somebody is going after Domi next game.
Headline story this morning on TSN website: https://www.tsn.ca/ekblad-broke-nose-on-domi-punch-vows-scores-will-be-settled-1.1176998

Domi may be lucky the league ruled on the suspension before the Habs played last night and apparently before the Panthers found out that Ekblad has a broken nose.

Terrible first impression to make on a new team. I have no use for that kind of crap in hockey.

Reactions: sandviper

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I don't know. It was a bit much but I have to say I did kind of enjoy watching it. It's not really a sucker punch when you've been hit twice before that. I don't think Domi needed to go that far but I admire the fire in the belly. If he can put up a bit less points than Galchenyuk but bring some more spark to the team I could definitely live with this trade. Still think Galchenyuk will light it up in AZ big time.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
Rat play. No need for that in today’s hockey.
Already dislike this player.

Honestly if I had to chose between what Domi did and what Ekblad did, I rather have a player punch another player, than a player just stand there and get his nose broken by someone half his size. What Domi did was stupid, and not acceptable, what Ekblad did was just as stupid and embarrassing.

Reactions: MC94 and Deebs

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Not a ton of likes this time Blou hein? Maybe the message is wrong?
fml.gif

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Well now, some wont what I have to say. I love it, sends a big message. I have seen for years the habs get abused, from Kreider busting Price knee and just saying sorry but not my fault, to Boston fans calling the near death issue of Patches and Chara and calling it a strong hockey play.
maybe Domi is sending a message, we are tired of going quietly into the night. Wrong
? YES but with a BIG purpose going forward. Yes your dog might have bigger size but my dog has FIGHT.

Reactions: habsterr

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
People are angry at what he did. It is kinda gooney, and he hurt his development on the team, but he senta strong message that the Habs are not to be f***ed with. People have been running at us for a while because we are small. Well, he took a whack from a 6’5” dude, and landed him on his ass. Will people be thinking they have free shots on our team in the future? Domi probably will make them reflect a bit ... as will Byron and Gallagher. I don’t mind it at all.

I mean, if the rest of the league was full of angels that never slashed, crosschecked, ran goalies, or what not, then I’d say there was no place for Domi. But the league is full of dpuchebag bullies. Just look at how much Brook Orpik was cross checking our players in the crease today. If someone on our team broke his nose for those gestures, since the refs aren’t calling him, then he might actually lay off it a bit.

Hate goonery, in all its manifestations. But an eye for an eye. I don’t want to be the only blind fool!

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Well now, some wont what I have to say. I love it, sends a big message. I have seen for years the habs get abused, from Kreider busting Price knee and just saying sorry but not my fault, to Boston fans calling the near death issue of Patches and Chara and calling it a strong hockey play.
maybe Domi is sending a message, we are tired of going quietly into the night. Wrong
? YES but with a BIG purpose going forward. Yes your dog might have bigger size but my dog has FIGHT.

Domi isn't scaring anybody on the other teams. They will just be better prepared. Habs will still get pummeled.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Man - Domi is likely regretting what he did and rightly so .. Fans and media turned on him pretty quick ..

He is definitely not as bad as alot of you are making out. We will gladly take him back in AZ ... This guys brings so much more than what people who don't watch him consistently realize. We just wouldn't trade him back for Chucky .We need scoring badly .

He didn't give much in the goal scoring, or point production category..

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Luongo making threats and now Ekblad too.

I really hope Domi clean punches them both right in the ****ing map next time.
Ekblad is making threats? What a f***ing idiot if that's the case. You already provoked Domi to want to fight you(to be expected when you slash and cross check someone like Domi) AND you have concussion issues which is why you refused to fight him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad